Loving Hut - Juulchin St

Bldg 40, Juulchin St 7, Baga Toiruu 12 (at Luna Blanca), Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually operated. Located downtown on tourist street; within 10 minute walk from Government Palace and one block over from Luna Blanca. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-8:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, International, Mongolian

First Review by Emilykmiec

Great slow food - Edit

If you are in a rush then this place isn't for you however if you are willing to take some time to eat some exceptional vegan food then you have to come to this Loving Hut. The flavours they produce are exceptional the food is just so great. The food is also presented so well, it is very "Instagramable". The choice is fantastic and you will be left trying to figure out what you want because everything on the menu looks great.

Pros: Quality of the food, Free wifi, Range of options

Cons: Waiting time

The flagship of vegan eating in UB - Edit

So I go to Loving Hut often, really like the place. They have really wide selection, offering smoothies, burgers, falafels, salads, soups, fries, you name it.

The quality is great, prices ok. Only once (out of many visits) it happened to me that a cake I order had a sour taste, which I told the staff, because I couldn´t have more than two bites and they didn´t charge me for it. So service is nice too.

Note that if you know Loving Hut from Europe, it is a very different concept. Here in UB it is not a buffet style bistro when you plate the food yourself, as I knew from home, it is definitely a proper sit-down restaurant. They still do have their famous quotes and pictures of famous vegans, etc.

The ambiance is nice, the restaurant is clean and the staff friendly and of course English speaking. They also sell some vegan fake meats, cookies, sauces, etc. Very popular also among my non-veggie friends.

Overall I am very happy with Loving Hut, definitely will keep going there. They also have an outdoor seating which makes it great to enjoy your smoothie in the sun.

Pros: wide selection and great taste, fresh ingredients, free wifi

Cons: higher prices - for mongolian standards , sometimes a bit busy at lunchtime

Very good - Edit

I had a smoothie, burger & fries, and I definitely enjoyed my meal. It was a comforting reminder of home, the prices weren't bad, and service was very friendly.

Meal is in English, and everything was fresh & delicious.

I would go here again.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly, Delicious

Very tasty and fresh - Edit

I have been here several times during my stay in UB.
I was accompanied by three meat eaters who were very enthusiastic as well. I have tried almost everything on their menu and everything tasted fresh and delightful. Therefore, you will wait for a while because preparing the dishes fresh takes some time. I like this, because it is worth the waiting for sure!
The staff is extremely friendly and everything is made a la minute.
There is a lot of choice, so it is quite difficult to chose..
In almost every meal there is soy, but that is an UB-thing I guess..
I have tried the cake once and I was not very convinced, it was quite dry and industrial.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious meals and fresh juices, Everything made fresh

Cons: Too much choice, Industrial deserts

Very mixed quality of food. - Edit

I went to this Loving Hut twice during my stay in UB, with mixed results. The first time there we ordered a potato salad, an apple salad (I can't remember what else was in it), a walnut and ginger cake and some tea. All of this was nice, however, there was quite an excessive amount of mayonnaise on both salads.

The second time in, we ordered some deep fried vegetable pockets, I got the burger and my partner got a rice dish with broccoli and tofu. The pockets were delicious and were extremely big. My partners dish was also amazing, while mine was something else entirely. After 20 minutes of picking at my partners dish, I figured my burger had been forgotten. After ordering it again I received it promptly. It had what appeared to be an entire jar of mayonnaise on it, leaving the whole thing soggy and cold. It came with chips, which were nice.

Overall, I'd probably go back here if I found myself in UB again. The staff were friendly, the restaurant itself was nice and in a central location, and some of the dishes were really good. I'd just avoid anything with mayo in it and stick to the Mongolian/Russian dishes, as all of those were great.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Big portions , Tasty food

Cons: Extreme use of mayonnaise, Forgot my food :(

Return to Ulaanbaatar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Juulchin St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.