CLOSED: Loving Hut Thien Dang

• Vegan

Dongjak-gu, Seoul 218 Sadang, Seoul, South Korea, 156-090

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan ice cream. Uses organic vegetables and non-GMO products. Party of 5 or party should book ahead. Namseong subway stop exit 3 forward 500m. AUG 2015 REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Korean

First Review by smithintaiwan

Cosy, good menu...no toilet - Edit

cosy place a bit far from Westin hotel....cost 20,000 in taxi. Wait staff no English but lady in kitchen fluent and very nice. was able to customise meal to ensure no soy/tofu. Had an excellent phố. Really tasty and the large size was filling. Well displayed menu. Customers jumped in to help....very friendly neighbour place on main street so easy to find.

Pros: Decent menu...lots of phố dishes., Price

Cons: Far from city, No toilet...there is one 15 feet down the street b

Probably the Best Vegan Food in Seoul - Edit

I went to Thiendang every chance I got during the two years that I lived in Seoul, because it's not only delicious, but serves large portions that are quite cheap.

The woman who owns the cafe and does most of the cooking is very kind and friendly. If you go regularly she'll remember you and what you like, and is happy to make adjustments to include additional dietary restrictions or most anything else you might ask for.

Pros: Excellent, fresh food, Low prices, Friendly family-owned business

No desserts, but good food - Edit

They don´t have the famous ice cream anymore, but they do still have good food (predominately very classic Vietnamese dishes). Their spring rolls are so good! Many of the dishes can be ordered as take away, but I wish this restaurant had more dessert options.

This Loving Hut also has a freezer and a shop aisle where you can buy several vegan products (not only foods but also body products, energy bars. Good selection). This restaurant is very clean, has a cozy atmosphere and offers a variety of dishes. Owner speaks a bit English, so no communication problems.

It´s easy to find. Namseong station exit 3 or 4 and walk straight ahead from the exit until you find it.

Pros: Easy to find., Nice family, owner speaks English

Cons: No desserts, No wifi

No Longer Serves Ice Cream... - Edit

This was my favourite restaurant in Seoul for a long time, especially because of their homemade ice creams and milkshakes (their mint chocolate chip milkshake was the best!). I live outside of Seoul, so I can't go often, and was very disappointed to see they no longer have ice cream. :(
However, they do have such delicious food that I will certainly be back, just probably not as often...

Pros: Frozen, canned and dry goods for purchase , Friendly and helpful staff, Delicious food

Cons: Not many dessert choices, No ice cream :(

Good food, easy to find - Edit

We ordered a pho soup and enjoyed it. We also ordered a cold noodle salad which we didn't enjoy as much - that was partly our fault though because we didn't pay that much attention to the description and were expecting more vegetables and less noodles. They had free coffee and tea.

Pros: Vegan Vietnamese food, Easy to find

Great Place - Edit

The pair of ladies who run the place are very sweet and welcoming. As it is a Loving Hut franchise, one can dine in the comfort of knowing that it's 100% vegan — a thing not be taken for granted in a country where even the most well-meaning local doesn't know where milk and eggs come from.

They have recently updated their menu and style to a more Vietnamese persuasion.

Fantastic Food - Edit

If you are a vegan, well, Thien Dang is the place visit for great vegan food. The place is clean. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. I found out today (by chance) that it is within walking distance to where I live! I wish I would have known that two years ago, when it first opened. I intend to eat there almost everyday (except Monday, when it's closed) to make up for lost time.

Cons: None whatsoever.

Too bad it's far off - Edit

Has some (great) alternatives to the normal Loving Hut fare. The first time I visited, I had to wait for a long time to get my food, even though there were hardly any customers.

Pros: Price, Menu

Cons: Location

Fabulous for vegans! - Edit

This is my favourite place to eat in Seoul - the ice cream shakes are delicious and there is a good variety of salads, vegan burgers and hot dogs, fries, rice and noodle dishes and waffles. The owner speaks English and provides good customer service.

Pros: excellent food, good variety, friendly staff

I love the Loving Hut!! - Edit

Loving hut makes being vegan so much better, even the work friends don't mind going! Drinks are bomb and the food is amazing! It's Thursday, and I went to the Loving Hut for the first time to have lunch with a friend. The service, the food, the place... all fantastic. I am not a vegan. I just wanted something for lunch today that was healthier and Happycow reviews said this place was good. Man, oh man, was it ever good. Loving Hut?
I heart you. And I will be back!

Pros: useful, cool, value

amazing food - Edit

As a vegan, I really appreciate the delicious food and sweet staff who seem to actually care about the customers. The menu selection is amazing and everything is well made. i love this place, been here the first time today. i ordered pho and pho is so good and tasty too. The soup and everything else are all home made. Rush over to check out this affordable meal!

no msg, no artificial flavoring etc.. on all the food, woohoo,
This place is always spotless. It has a very relaxing energy. The whole time I was there, I thoroughly enjoyed my food and felt really great! I would totally come back here again! Oh and they got vegan cakes too!

Now you know why it deserves 5 stars

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Heaven - Edit

If Thien Dang was a bit closer to my home, I'd be a regular. Like all Loving Huts, Thien Dang serves good vegan fare at reasonable prices. This one is actually quite cheap - a meal costs between 5000 and 10,000. The owner is a friendly Ao Lac (Vietnamese) woman and makes a lot of Vietnamese dishes - I really enjoyed my pineapple-fried rice with 'steak.' She also sells the standard vegan protein that you can cook up at home, as well as vegan ice cream and cookies.
The ubiquitous Loving Hut design is far from charming. I hope the LH people start to get more creative, however, I'm glad that's all I have to complain about. It's great to have more vegan restaurants in Seoul.
PS: Thien Dang is Vietnamese for 'heaven.'

Pros: cheap, tasty, friendly

Cons: Loving Hut decor

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut Thien Dang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3708 times since Apr 2011.