Loving Hut - Tampa

Contact 813-977-7888

1905 E Fletcher Ave, Tampa, Florida, USA, 33612

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Menu includes the Loving Hut burger, a club sandwich that's like a BLT with vegan bacon, vegetarian sushi, and Asian cuisine. Also offers a small grocery section and freezer case. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by LennonVC

first vegan restaurant experience - Edit

A couple years ago, this was the first vegan restaurant I explored after going vegan. What a wonderful first experience for me! The food was wonderful and the service was great. Never ever disappointing!

Good asian dishes, everything else stay away - Edit

The singapore noodles were delicious. The wings were awful, couldn't even enjoy 1. And the golden patty with fries was awful as well. The patty was soft and didn't come with vegan cheese like the menu said. The service was incredibly slow as well. The prices were cheap and since there are so few vegan options in the area it was ok, but wouldn't want to go back.

Vegan-tastic! - Edit

It's nice to be able to sit down at a 100% vegan restaurant. No scouring the ingredients ... just being able to order *anything* off of the menu ... awesome! I had the raw vegetable sushi with a strawberry smoothie. The service was great and I felt so good after eating all of my veggies that I didn't even feel a little bit guilty about taking a slice of raw vegan strawberry "cheesecake" with me to go :)

*Lovin'* it! - Edit

This restaurant is pretty small, so if you plan to show up in a group of more than 3 people it's best to call ahead to see how much space they have. It's located in one of the shadier parts of town, but it feels really cozy once you're inside. The food is decent, just don't order one of the "specials". I live further away from them now, and wish they could open another restaurant :( There is a new owner, so it will be interesting to see what the restaurant is like now.

Pros: yummy vegan food

Cons: only certain areas have a/c

Superbly satisfied - Edit

I've been to Loving Huts in different parts of the country, some are great, some not at all, but this one was exceptional! Teriyaki chicken sandwich with potato kale soup was great! An excellent stop!

Pros: Generous service, Great food textures, Variety

Cons: not in the nicest part of town, but not a deterren

Wow What A Difference! - Edit

As someone who has experienced loving huts before and after transformation, wow what a difference! The menu is fresh as they have a variety of raw vegan options as well as tasty sandwiches and stirfrys, the desserts are amazing! My boyfriend and I split the faux Buffalo wins, amazing meal with nuggets, and raw vegan cheesecake, all were excellent! Don't be put off by the TV channel or the fact that Supreme master ching hai is all over the place. The staff are very friendly and I've been several times now, have never had a bad meal.

Pros: Cheapish, Delicious, Friendly Staff

Cons: Location

AMAZING VEGAN FOOD! - Edit

Under New Ownership as of the past 3-4 weeks. Very nice people that make sure you have everything you need.
The food was absolutely on point and came out fast. We had spring rolls, bbq wings, organic beans soup, organic potato kale soup, the harmony sandwich, undon noodle, side of fries, 2 chocolate chip cookies, raw cheese cake, and carrot cake. Safe to say we tried enough items to know if this place was good or not. It was all fantastic!

I will eat here again every time I'm in Tampa and highly recommend this place if you're looking to grub down on great food.

Pros: Under New Ownership, Raw meal options, Amazing vegan food

Under New Ownership. OUTSTANDING VEGAN FOOD!!! - Edit

Yes the New owner is Wonderful and the place looks Great!
The kitchen has been redone and is clean and neat!
I Loved the food before... and yes some of my favorites have gone away, sad... but Thank The Universe Loving Hut has reopened, still Vegan and Better than ever!!!
I am so excited that they now have 3 Raw Vegan Dishes and a Raw Vegan Dessert!!!
The Raw Vegan Sushi is DIVINE!!! As is the Raw Vegan Sheeze Cake!!!
If your missing one of your long time favorites, my best advise is to Thank The Universe that we have a New Loving Hut with a Wonderful owner whom is totally committed to Fabulous Vegan Food!!! And try something new!!!
The BBQ Sandwich with the Corn Chowder Soup I had Rocked!!!!
As does the Chocolate Cake!!
My Husband LOVE the Udon Noodle Dish, and a MUST TRY is the Orange Salad! !! Best Salad EVER!!!
I know it's hard when things change, but let's all give massive support to this great Vegan Restaurant!!!!
Come back out and find a new favorite or two, and say Hello to the new owner. His staff is AWESOME and the Food is AMAZING! !!!

Pros: Great Vegan Food

They've been on Dirty Dining....Twice! - Edit

How can people say this food is good. It's horrible! As I was waiting to order my food, A roach was on the floor to greet me. I said, "Sorry mr. Roach, I am vegan, and roaches are not part of my diet".

There was a sign in the bathroom that read do not flush toilet paper. They've been shut down by the state several times. When you look on the outside of the store, the place is full of knee high weeds and the building is in bad shape. You've been warned.

Pros: None

Cons: Dirty , roaches , not appealing

Nice People - Edit

I visited Loving Hut in Tampa near the University of South Florida. I enjoyed the food and the talking with the people who work there. They come by to talk with each customer and engage them in regard to vegan eating and lifestyle. I enjoyed the entree and took a piece of their cake with me. It was homemade and very tasty. I would suggest this Loving Hut consider painting the outside of the building, as it looks a bit rundown from the outside. Also, adding some fresh, uncooked items to the menu would be a big plus.

Pros: Nice people, Tasty food

Cons: Appearance of the exterior of the build

great staff - Edit

just back from my holidays, and visited the hut while staying nearby.

we went for a lunch and thought it was decent for a lunch. we shared some spring rolls which were good, although the dip was a bit odd. we then shared singapore noodles and golden rice as mains, the rice was delicious. The noodles were poor in all honesty, lacking curry powder and flavour and were a bit burnt.

The waiting staff were fab and made us feel really welcome and appreciated.

Overall this place is a decent option, which could be improved very easily. I think it suffers a bit from being quiet, and therefore having a more limited menu, while we were in it was mainly students and I was surprised how many people were having burgers etc, and not asian cuisine.

Pros: staff, price

Cons: varied quality.

Let down - Edit

My girlfriend and I have been Vegan for 2 years now and have been to many Vegan restaurants in which most of them are very healthful and delicious. This loving hut location however is not one of those.

The taste of the entrees were not flavorful and seemed very oily/watery. My girlfriend and I are now used to eating non-GMO and organic foods and this place didn't advertise those. And we would have probably not eaten there having realized this. This resulted in us having stomach aches and not wanting us to finish our food (giving the remaining food to a homeless guy).

Bottom line, if you are used to healthier foods this will leave you displeased. But if you are new to Veganism and used to standard foods, then you will likely enjoy it. Ordering Vegan at the near by Chipotle is a much better option in my opinion.

Pros: Affordable , Friendly staff, fast

Cons: Non organic/GMO foods, Low quality foods in general

Really, really good - Edit

The food was excellent. The service was excellent. The location and exterior is bellow par, however. A lot of potential in terms of its future. I look forward to visiting again.
- http://LiveMeatFree.com

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent selection, Excellent Service

Cons: Location, Exterior

Beware of Roaches - Edit

As a strict vegan I used to love this restaurant, but each time I visited I noticed roach scurrying across the floor as I ate. Then I learned the establishment had been forced to close for two week in July 2013 for numerous Health Department violations. This can be verified on the 10 News Website. The last time I checked, insects were not considered vegan.

Pros: freindly staff

Cons: dirty, roaches

Vegan food - Edit

I pass by The loving hut on my way to work. I finally decided to stop in and try their food. What I ordered was very good. Large portion size. Would eat there again.

Pros: Large portions, Great price

Cons: Slow to get check from waitress

Love Loving Hut !!! - Edit

This is like my 2nd home. Great vegan food and reasonable prices! The Philly Sub with the spicy cajun sauce is my favorite. It has vegan tvp squares with shredded cabbage, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms coated in Loving Hut's signature spicy cajun sauce.
Their Heavenly Salad is truly heavenly. Their fries are coated with the spicy cajun sauce which puts ketchup to shame. Their smoothies and cappuchinos are excellent. Desserts are brownies, chocolate pie, cheesecake, flan, deepfried bananas - all yummy.
Vegan buffet is the 3rd Saturday of every month! Yeah!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Nice Vibe

YUMMMMMMMY! - Edit

We ordered the drumstick appetizer, Noble Philly, fries, and the veggie burger. Our waitress was really nice and the food came out to order. The drumstick was pure fried goodness! Sooooooo good! The veggie burger had a little too much veganaise but I know next time to say go light. Otherwise is was delicious! The Cajun sauce on the fries and Noble Philly was amazing! My BF really enjoyed the noble Philly but I didn't care for the taste of the "steak". The whole Supreme Master thing wasn't even something we noticed while in there. Love that this place is 100% vegan so no need to worry about any hidden ingredients.

Pros: Fast, good value, 100% vegan

I Love Loving Hut! - Edit

I have been a vegan for about a year now, and I just started a new job close to the Loving Hut restaurant. I was very excited to find out that it was in the area, and I finally got the chance to stop by today. The building doesn't look like much from the outside (and is ironically across from a place called "House of Meat"), but inside is a small but clean restaurant. I was there between 2-3pm, and there were 8 customers, including me, three of whom arrived at the same time I did. The owners/staff were pleasant and accomodating. They brought out water very quickly and took orders in the order that we came in. I had the Spring Rolls and a Coconut Smoothie. The orders came out fairly quickly. The food was delicious, especially with the dipping sauce! The staff was very attentive and made sure that everyone's order was right and that the water was refilled.

As for the cult claims, Supreme Master TV was playing, but the volume was very low (it had subtitles), so it's easy to ignore. The owners are not preachy or pushy about their religious beliefs. They have some of Ching Hai's writings and pamphlets, some for sale and some free, but they don't push it on you. Their religion is one that preaches kindness, so don't worry.

Just a note: the restaurant is in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood, but it should be fairly safe in the daytime. I'd recommend visiting for lunch.

In short, I'm very glad that I have discovered Loving Hut and hope to have the opportunity to go back again many times.

Pros: Clean, Friendly, Delicious

Cons: Not the best neighborhood at night.

good inexpensive food - Edit

Nothing on the menu is over ten dollars. the prices are very reasonable. The food was very good, I had the pad thai and I thought that the fake meat was awesome. It is in a bad part of town but once inside the restaurant, the people are very inviting. It took ten minutes for our food to come out.
Like someone else mention they do have vegan propaganda playing in the background on 4 TVs but that didn't really bother me.

Pros: Cheap , good food, fast

Cons: bad part of town

Delightful Dining - Edit

This restaurant reminded me of a favorite local Chinese carry-out establishment with one huge difference - everything on the menu is vegan! The entrees, desserts, and beverages were enjoyable, service was friendly and fast, and prices were very economical. They also have a freezer of unique fake-meat products you can purchase. I would definitely visit again next time I'm in Tampa.

Pros: 100% vegan, Economical, Fast & Friendly Service

Amazing food! - Edit

I was in the area and used the "Veg Out" iPhone app powered by HappyCow and this was the first place it brought up, and close by since I was visiting Bush Gardens. The food and service was outstanding, and what a variety as well. My sister and I were very pleased, and full.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, excellant food

Cons: limited parking, Amex not accepted

Best I'n Tampa - Edit

This is the best vegan restaurant in the Tampa area. The staff are great, the food is awesome and the prices are the best! They even sell vegan frozen foods. I go there very often and I have never had a bad meal.

Pros: Price, Menu, Staff

Cons: Location, Hours

Great food! - Edit

I learned about the Loving Hut from the Natural Awakenings magazine and stopped by for an early dinner. I had a veggie burger which was the absolute best I've ever had! Also a smoothie with kale which I wasn't sure would be good, and it turned out to be fabulous. I would prefer to have a section of the restaurant without TV, and may choose to get carry-out in the future due to the TV. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and accommodating, and I will definitely return.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Cons: TV

not what i expected at all.... - Edit

I have eaten before in restaurants run by people who support the 'supreme master' or whatever it's called and they have offered amazing vegan food. This place was a huge disappointment. I went there with three other people and we all agreed to sample each other's food. The hummus was dry and grainy. The pad thai was also grainy and flavorless, which was surprising to me. I ordered the ocean alfredo pasta, which was not terrible but it wasn't good enough to finish. After dinner, none of us felt all that great.

Our waitress saw that we were unhappy with our food so she took some money off of our bill and gave a couple free cookies, which was really nice of her. Also I enjoyed the jade green smoothie I ordered. Otherwise, I did not enjoy my experience there.

I do not plan on returning to this place.

Pros: nice people, clean restaurant, good prices

Cons: bad food

Great Food! - Edit

I was so happy when Loving Hut opened in Tampa. I ate at one while in San Francisco and was wowed. Loving Hut has all vegan food with no animal products. The Tampa Loving Hut is located on East Fletcher Avenue in an area which some may consider daunting. The building doesn't look like a restaurant from the outside, where there are no visible windows or doors in front. Once you pull into the parking lot, on the side of the building, you see one windowless door and next to that, two small windows with bars on them. The entrance door is not exactly welcoming, but it's obvious it is the only entrance to the inside. But once inside, it is clean, nicely painted yellow and has a roomy dining area. There are three flat screen tv's playing Supreme Master TV, which is a satellite 24 hour broadcast consisting basically of programs "that bring nobility and spirituality to your life" I didn't mind and it's obviously a way of life for the owners of this restaurant. A friendly woman greeted us and let us pick wherever we wanted to sit (we were the only ones in there on a Friday at 12:15 and no one else came in). I ordered the Melody Wrap with seaweed, cucumber, cilantro, carrot, tomato, apple, avocado and "mayo" which I think was made from potato mash(?). My sister had the Energy Wrap with hummus, avocado, tomatoes, sprouts and carrots. They were both outstanding in taste and expertly prepared. I will definitely come here again, my only fear is that they won't get enough business to stay open. Please, if you live in Tampa, patronize this place with company!

Pros: All Vegan, Delicious Food, Nicely prepared

Cons: unwelcoming facade, location

Good food, weird atmosphere - Edit

The food here is very good... The restaurant though, kind of strange. There is some weird culty religious stuff on the TV's in the restaurant, and the employees are kind of awkward. The place itself is pretty ugly, if you care about that sort of thing. Also, if you order a sandwich, it does not come with any sides, so if you want a decent-sized meal, you have to order more than one thing.

Pros: great food, reasonably priced

Cons: weird atmosphere, ugly restaurant, small portions

Love the Loving Hut - Edit

I have never ordered a dish here and not loved it! The flavours are amazing and there are always friendly smiles from the staff. You cannot go wrong for a great meal!

Pros: excellent food, nice portions, 100% vegan

Wonderful people, delicious food! - Edit

I have been to Loving Hut several times now with my husband, and we've been happy every visit. They have such a nice selection of items, it's always easy to find something you're in the mood for. Their Philly was good, their sub was better! I'm also fond of their curried "chicken." The only time I had an issue (forgot part of the order, no biggie!), the staff came over and apologized profusely before giving us a dessert sample on the house. Wow! I hadn't even been upset in the first place, but it was nice of them to go beyond my expectations. Definitely into customer satisfaction. I hope they stay for a long time!

Pros: friendly staff, affordable food

Delicious vegan food at great prices! - Edit

I was nervous to try this new restaurant which replaced the now closed but popular "Lai Thai." Wow were we in for a treat! The portions are substantial, the flavors were amazing, and the meat substitutes were impressive. We had the vegan balls and spaghetti, vegan philly sub, vegan shrimp sushi, soy latte, and 2 vegan chocolate chunk cookies. You will be very pleased with both the dine-in meals and the frozen food section. We purchased the vegan bacon and half chicken and both have a great taste.

There are 2 TVs on the far wall with www.suprememastertv.com airing with vegetarian news in English with over 20 subtitle languages.

All in all this was a great dining experience & we will return often. ^_^

Pros: Completely vegan, Caring staff, Inexpensive

Cons: Needs more business, The interior is more austere than before

Awesome Food - Edit

Very close to USF. I had the Philly cheese steak and it was amazing. One of the best dishes I have ever eaten. I also had a Smoothie that was average, but the Philly was mind blowing. Staff was nice, and inside was very clean and friendly. However the outside looks like a 70's bar. Over all great.

Pros: excellent food, Clean, friendly staff

Cons: Outside looks aweful

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Tampa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12886 times since May 2010.