Loving Hut - Tampa

813-977-7888

1905 E Fletcher Ave, Tampa, Florida, USA, 33612

Part of international vegan restaurant chain inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location s is individually operated. Serves vegan food and non-alcoholic beverages. Has burger, a club sandwich with vegan bacon, sushi, and Asian cuisine. Small grocery section and freezer case. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by LennonVC

A Dream Come True - Edit

just amazing, go now, don't wait!! you will see it is like a vegan dream come true. so many selections all perfectly prepared. the owner and staff, food and service are top notch!!!

Pros: food, service and price

Cons: none

This place has great food! - Edit

The building does not look like much, but the food that comes out of the kitchen is awsome. Really good vegan food!

Food is great, service is poor - Edit

The large number of options is excellent, and the food was well made. We had the Pad Thai, Singapore Noodle, Noble Philly Sub, Glorious Thai Curry, and and I believe a mock beef dish. All we very enjoyable, with generous portions and we'll priced. Cookies aren't the best though. Atmosphere in the restaurant is not very appealing, and is quite dated. Server was very poor, and didn't know how to operate the credit machine so we were forced to pay in cash to much frustration. The cooks seemed very nice but our particular waitress was unattentive and unhelpful. I will return to loving hut, but not this location.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Low cost, Buffet

Cons: Service was poor, Restaurant is dated and decor is unattractive

so good - Edit

Everything was delicious. I couldn't have been happier

first vegan restaurant experience - Edit

A couple years ago, this was the first vegan restaurant I explored after going vegan. What a wonderful first experience for me! The food was wonderful and the service was great. Never ever disappointing!

Good asian dishes, everything else stay away - Edit

The singapore noodles were delicious. The wings were awful, couldn't even enjoy 1. And the golden patty with fries was awful as well. The patty was soft and didn't come with vegan cheese like the menu said. The service was incredibly slow as well. The prices were cheap and since there are so few vegan options in the area it was ok, but wouldn't want to go back.

Vegan-tastic! - Edit

It's nice to be able to sit down at a 100% vegan restaurant. No scouring the ingredients ... just being able to order *anything* off of the menu ... awesome! I had the raw vegetable sushi with a strawberry smoothie. The service was great and I felt so good after eating all of my veggies that I didn't even feel a little bit guilty about taking a slice of raw vegan strawberry "cheesecake" with me to go :)

*Lovin'* it! - Edit

This restaurant is pretty small, so if you plan to show up in a group of more than 3 people it's best to call ahead to see how much space they have. It's located in one of the shadier parts of town, but it feels really cozy once you're inside. The food is decent, just don't order one of the "specials". I live further away from them now, and wish they could open another restaurant :( There is a new owner, so it will be interesting to see what the restaurant is like now.

Pros: yummy vegan food

Cons: only certain areas have a/c

Superbly satisfied - Edit

I've been to Loving Huts in different parts of the country, some are great, some not at all, but this one was exceptional! Teriyaki chicken sandwich with potato kale soup was great! An excellent stop!

Pros: Generous service, Great food textures, Variety

Cons: not in the nicest part of town, but not a deterren

wow! buffet is awesome! - Edit

This place has new owners and we go for the buffet once a month and it's delicious!! Always yummy stuff. Everyone loves it and the staff is super nice.

Wow What A Difference! - Edit

As someone who has experienced loving huts before and after transformation, wow what a difference! The menu is fresh as they have a variety of raw vegan options as well as tasty sandwiches and stirfrys, the desserts are amazing! My boyfriend and I split the faux Buffalo wins, amazing meal with nuggets, and raw vegan cheesecake, all were excellent! Don't be put off by the TV channel or the fact that Supreme master ching hai is all over the place. The staff are very friendly and I've been several times now, have never had a bad meal.

Pros: Cheapish, Delicious, Friendly Staff

Cons: Location

AMAZING VEGAN FOOD! - Edit

Under New Ownership as of the past 3-4 weeks. Very nice people that make sure you have everything you need.
The food was absolutely on point and came out fast. We had spring rolls, bbq wings, organic beans soup, organic potato kale soup, the harmony sandwich, undon noodle, side of fries, 2 chocolate chip cookies, raw cheese cake, and carrot cake. Safe to say we tried enough items to know if this place was good or not. It was all fantastic!

I will eat here again every time I'm in Tampa and highly recommend this place if you're looking to grub down on great food.

Pros: Under New Ownership, Raw meal options, Amazing vegan food

Under New Ownership. OUTSTANDING VEGAN FOOD!!! - Edit

Yes the New owner is Wonderful and the place looks Great!
The kitchen has been redone and is clean and neat!
I Loved the food before... and yes some of my favorites have gone away, sad... but Thank The Universe Loving Hut has reopened, still Vegan and Better than ever!!!
I am so excited that they now have 3 Raw Vegan Dishes and a Raw Vegan Dessert!!!
The Raw Vegan Sushi is DIVINE!!! As is the Raw Vegan Sheeze Cake!!!
If your missing one of your long time favorites, my best advise is to Thank The Universe that we have a New Loving Hut with a Wonderful owner whom is totally committed to Fabulous Vegan Food!!! And try something new!!!
The BBQ Sandwich with the Corn Chowder Soup I had Rocked!!!!
As does the Chocolate Cake!!
My Husband LOVE the Udon Noodle Dish, and a MUST TRY is the Orange Salad! !! Best Salad EVER!!!
I know it's hard when things change, but let's all give massive support to this great Vegan Restaurant!!!!
Come back out and find a new favorite or two, and say Hello to the new owner. His staff is AWESOME and the Food is AMAZING! !!!

Pros: Great Vegan Food

They've been on Dirty Dining....Twice! - Edit

How can people say this food is good. It's horrible! As I was waiting to order my food, A roach was on the floor to greet me. I said, "Sorry mr. Roach, I am vegan, and roaches are not part of my diet".

There was a sign in the bathroom that read do not flush toilet paper. They've been shut down by the state several times. When you look on the outside of the store, the place is full of knee high weeds and the building is in bad shape. You've been warned.

Pros: None

Cons: Dirty , roaches , not appealing

Nice People - Edit

I visited Loving Hut in Tampa near the University of South Florida. I enjoyed the food and the talking with the people who work there. They come by to talk with each customer and engage them in regard to vegan eating and lifestyle. I enjoyed the entree and took a piece of their cake with me. It was homemade and very tasty. I would suggest this Loving Hut consider painting the outside of the building, as it looks a bit rundown from the outside. Also, adding some fresh, uncooked items to the menu would be a big plus.

Pros: Nice people, Tasty food

Cons: Appearance of the exterior of the build

great staff - Edit

just back from my holidays, and visited the hut while staying nearby.

we went for a lunch and thought it was decent for a lunch. we shared some spring rolls which were good, although the dip was a bit odd. we then shared singapore noodles and golden rice as mains, the rice was delicious. The noodles were poor in all honesty, lacking curry powder and flavour and were a bit burnt.

The waiting staff were fab and made us feel really welcome and appreciated.

Overall this place is a decent option, which could be improved very easily. I think it suffers a bit from being quiet, and therefore having a more limited menu, while we were in it was mainly students and I was surprised how many people were having burgers etc, and not asian cuisine.

Pros: staff, price

Cons: varied quality.

Let down - Edit

My girlfriend and I have been Vegan for 2 years now and have been to many Vegan restaurants in which most of them are very healthful and delicious. This loving hut location however is not one of those.

The taste of the entrees were not flavorful and seemed very oily/watery. My girlfriend and I are now used to eating non-GMO and organic foods and this place didn't advertise those. And we would have probably not eaten there having realized this. This resulted in us having stomach aches and not wanting us to finish our food (giving the remaining food to a homeless guy).

Bottom line, if you are used to healthier foods this will leave you displeased. But if you are new to Veganism and used to standard foods, then you will likely enjoy it. Ordering Vegan at the near by Chipotle is a much better option in my opinion.

Pros: Affordable , Friendly staff, fast

Cons: Non organic/GMO foods, Low quality foods in general

Delicious - Edit

I love this place. True, its odd with it's cultish undertones, but I don't care. Food is some of the best vegan around.

Pros: convenient, delicious, not overly priced

Cons: strange videos

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Tampa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.