Loving Hut - Taishan

• Vegan
Contact 03-9332992

14, Taishan Rd, Yilan, Taiwan, 260

愛家國際連鎖餐飲 is part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family operated. Serves food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages. Menu includes some photos. Rice, noodle, hot pots, faux meat plates. Prices cheap to moderate.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by Chia

Loving Hut, Xinyue Branch, Yilan - Edit

As this was my first time to visit a Loving Hut restaurant I can tell you I was pretty excited. I noticed before entering the restaurant on the left side of the entrance a huge message board with Chinese explanation about Veganism. The restaurant is very spacious, clean and tidy with a choice of rotating dining tables and classic dining tables. I ordered the American Tartar Crisp Steak Rice Set for a mere TWD160. That included a pumpkin soup and a small bowl of guava fruit. The presentation was good and the food was done in a timely matter.
I also had a chance to chat with the friendly staff. They seemed pretty excited about seeing a foreigner I guess. It is nice for a change to order vegan food without a hassle. I wanted to try other foods but I can only eat that much food. It took me about 15 min to walk from the Yilan train station with the help of two junior high school students. The restaurant is closed on Wednesdays.
The menu has six main sections, 1/ Chef's Selected Dishes 2/ Stir Fry 3/ Specialty Set Meal with Soup 4/ LH Fast Food 5/ Hot Pot 6/ A La Carte

Pros: clean, tidy, spacious, great choice of food, inexpensive, English menu

Cons: no English spoken

Yilan Loving Hut - Edit

Was here in November 2010 an am pleased to review this Loving Hut on HappyCow. Our friend who lives in Yilan brought us here for dinner. We ordered food to share: pumpkin hot pot, vege eel rice set, stir fry spinach (seasonal veg option), fried burdock. Grain rice or white rice option. Overall the food was good. Very tasty fried burdock dish.

We also bought a bag of Loving Hut brand cookies (available at most Loving Huts in Taiwan) and a small bag of chocolate cookes made at this location. Both yummy.

My only complaint is that the restroom could be cleaner.

Return to Yilan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Taishan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 759 times since Oct 2010.