Loving Hut - Heping Branch

• ( 41 reviews )

No. 7, Lane 175, Section 2, Heping E. Rd, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan

愛家, at 大安區光復南路280巷30號, is part of vegan restaurant chain inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually operated. Serves vegan food, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages. This one specializes in hot pots and soups. Relocated from 30, Lane 280, Guangfu South Rd. Open Mon 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-8:30pm, Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-8:30pm. Closed on 2nd Sunday of the month. Last orders: 2pm and 8:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by Annakin

PrayforWorldVegan

Points +43

10 Oct 2020

Feel safe

The Laksa is my recommendation if you prefer strongly flavored dishes. It is a little bit hot, but extremely fragrant and creamy.
You can have the option of adding protein, such as organic tofu or vegan mock meat (made in their own factory) or handmade fried tofu balls.
I feel quite safe eating here during the Covid-19 pandemic crisis because it is spacecy enough for social distancing.

Updated from previous review on 2020-10-10

Pros: Large space, Good food and drinks, Multilingual chat

a7c

Points +488

31 Aug 2020

Excellent

Everything was vegan and delicious.

滄海一粟

lumuku

Points +2202

01 Nov 2019

great meals

we went for lunch and left very full. Everything was delicious and everyone was very nice. Inside there is also a small store selling cookies, vegan dog food, spices and various drinks.

IrisWang

Points +13

Mostly Veg
24 Aug 2019

Great vegan restaurant.

Delicious tomato hot pot . Nice staff.

emg1212

Points +58

02 Apr 2019

Good food, friendly staff

The kimchi bibimbap was really good, the staff speak English and are very friendly. Lots of options to choose from. Place was easy to find and not busy at all when I went during dinner time.

CarlieMaddie

Points +150

14 Dec 2018

Fun and interesting flavors!

I am a huge supporter of the Loving Hut franchise, and this location didn’t disappoint. I tried a spicy tofu dish (I can’t remember the technical name) and also got a bean curd skewer. Both were quite yummy (though next time I’ll get the tofu dish without cilantro). There are so many options for all flavor palettes though! I ate so well and only spent 11 USD on everything. I would definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Cheap , English speaking staff, Not too hard to find

Dragonking

Points +215

Vegetarian
01 Dec 2018

Good moderate price vegan food

I have visited here many times over the Years visiting Taipei.Sampled many of their dishes.Most of them were tasty and satisfying.Fairly easy to find.The price is reasonable,portion size good.1 of several places I visit often for dinner.

Pros: Moderate price, no 10% VAT tax, Always a few tables available

楊婷軻

Points +18

07 Nov 2018

Recommend

If you are fed up with something so-called ”fake meat or vegan meat”, try tofu burger in Loving Hut. My favourite dish. Yummy! Crispy tofu + the black paper sauce = perfect burger. Sending 5 stars to the idea maker :)

Updated from previous review on 2018-11-07

Pros: Good food , Reasonable price, Good service

WanChunHuang

Points +16

07 Nov 2018

Delicious Foods & Reasonable Price.

I love their spicy garlic pasta. It might be spicy for Westerner, but it satisfies my taste. Highly recommend (may request less spicy).
Also, special salty coffee which named ”Coffee Ocean” make me impressed. Creamy foam with sea salt and lemon zest topping. Perfect combination.
Good food, good drinks.
The staff are very helpful and kind.

Updated from previous review on 2018-11-06

DuongPham

Points +18

06 Nov 2018

Fusion cuisine

Just coming in this Loving Hut, I can experience variety food from difference countries from Western to Eastern: with Laksa (Singapore ), Bibimbap (Korean), summer rolls (Vietnamese), Bak kut teh (Malaysia), Thai curry, Indian curry, lots of Western food and traditional Taiwanese food. Yummy! Yummy!

Pros: Friendly staff, , The staffs can speak many languages., The best burger!

ChenElisea

Points +27

03 Nov 2018

Vegan heaven!

All the LovingHut restaurants are vegan!
So great! And a lot of options. Especially their vegan coffee, soy milk tea, soy milk shake......so good. Must try.

Pros: Reasonable prices, Delicious foods, Comfortable environment

nahee97

Points +2

02 Nov 2018

very nice

고기 냄새도 안나고 공기가 너무 깨끗해서 너무 좋고 분위기도 고요하고 편안합니다. 스텝들이 너무 친절했고 영어 중국어 한국어 베트남 등 다양한 언어를 할줄 알아서 메뉴 고를때 도움이 되었다. 와~ 그리고 메뉴가 너무 다양해서 정말 좋았다 특히 두부 햄버거와 썸머롤 락사는 최고! 정말 맛있었습니다. 베트남 학생들이 9명 정도가 왔었는데 모두가 한국 돌솥 비빔밥을 주문하는것을 보았는데 정말 인상적이었습니다. 이곳은 타이 말레이시아 한국요리 등등 음식까지 인터네셔널 거듭거듭 최고최고라고 칭찬하고 싶네요 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

sunnykorea

Points +63

30 Oct 2018

Vegan Heaven

Best Vegan restaurant ever in my Life! Vegan heaven!♥ There are English explains and photos on the menu so easy to order. I ordered Korean Bibimbob and Tofu burger. I have to say their Bibimbob is fantastic♥♥♥ even to real Korean like me! And To fu burger was so nice. Bread was yummy and the special sauce was Sooo GOOD 👍 The price are reasonable. I also had a mint icecream pie, I love it!! They have many other dessert. I want to try All the menu♥

Pros: Vegan Heaven

CemNY

Points +68

28 Jun 2018

Good Food, Good Price

Personally I really enjoyed the food, the spicy tofu and rice was delicious. I wasn’t a massive fan of the summer rolls, one of the herbs was particularly strong and me and my girlfriend were not massive fans. My girlfriend also felt her noodle soup was a little bland and the noodles were slimey. Despite this, the food was a good price and still enjoyable.

Naschi86

Points +104

25 May 2018

Loved everything

The food was delicious and the staff very helpful and nice. They have non-alcoholic swiss beer!

RongWu

Points +30

Vegetarian
01 May 2018

Various delicious vegan dishes

There areany loving hut restaurants on Taipei, withe different styles. I love this one as it's clean, with warm service, and has various food. I love the soybean hot pot(but it is not in service now😥), and the rice dishes.

Andrea1966

07 May 2018

Halo, the soy milk hot pot is still there, just the menu rearranged the layout, as wee the rice dishes, we even have fried rice now~~^_^

Charlie.

Points +812

22 Apr 2018

Bimbimbap!

Must try their bimbimbap ~ it's delicious!! A cozy restaurant with friendly staff.

Fugupuffer

Points +41

Mostly Veg
14 Apr 2018

Loving Hut is Amazing

This particular branch is the only one I go to and its menu is wide enough to fit anyone's taste from sichuan hot pots to fresh salads, everything is beautiful and delicious. I love the way my body feels after. There is so much care in the food.

Pros: A hop, skip and jump from the subway, Peaceful environment, Great price point

CamilaSilvaL

Points +1776

06 Apr 2018

ohhhh myyyy

You HAVE to try their bibimbap, is freaking amazing! I eat bibimbap all the time (my bf is korean) but this one is the best one ever. I got the kimchi one.
I also tried the pumpkin noodle soup, it was good but the amazing bibimbap didn’t let me enjoy this other dish that much. The lemonade is sweet and yummy and I had a really good hazelnut soy tea.
I’m definitely coming back tomorrow.

Update: the summer rolls are meh, don’t get them. The desserts (the mint cake and the apple one) are yummyyyyy

V-for-Vegan

Points +876

20 Mar 2018

Good

I ordered their curry bimbimbap, didn't expect it turned out to be that delicious. I guess the only thing I dislike the most is the mock meats/sausage used in the dishes, I'd have asked them to remove them if only I had know so. The hazelnut soy milk tea was average. Only regret is I didn't manage to try their cakes, they receive such high reviews! I shall try it next time ~

JustineCass

Points +106

30 Jan 2018

Close to Taipei 101 and SO DELICIOUS

Highly recommend having a meal here. I had the soy milk hot pot (Which tasted more like coconut milk tbh), and it was INCREDIBLE. I was so full as I had it to myself. Great place for vegan hot pot experience in Taipei.

FlokiTheCat

Points +870

29 Jul 2017

Much better than the typical Loving Hut

The Guangfu Loving Hut sets a really high standard for this chain of vegan restaurants. The restaurant is located in one of the most fashionable neighboorhoods of Taipei and the local is nice, decorated mainly in wood.

The staff was very friendly and spoke really good english. The food was better than the food in other Loving Huts I have been to. The bibimbap was delicious and the rice noodles salad was refreshing and tasty. The dessert and the cranberry milkshake deserve a special mention, I would reccomend at least ordering one to try it and enjoy its high quality.

In my opinion, it is an obligatory step to every vegan that goes to Taipei due to its location, being very close from the touristicals Taipei 101 and Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food, Location

MauriceH

Points +16

17 Jul 2017

I'm Lovin' It !

The Loving Hut near the San Yat Sen MRT is a favorite for me, because they consistently serve quality food that always leaves me happy.
I've tried everything on their menu over the last couple of years, and it's all good. Really !

From their salads, to their wraps, to their bibimbaps, to their burgers, to their hot pots, to their laksa, to their curries, to their roti, to their bbq, and even all their desserts and hot or cold drinks -- everything has been perfected and leaves you satisfied.

And this Loving Hut does it all efficiently, and happily.
I must say, no matter how busy they are, they get your dishes to you quickly,
I will always go back to Loving Hut -- Guangfu
I'm in love with them.

Pros: Friendly, Fast, Quality

HaileyPoLa

Points +1118

25 Jun 2017

Loved the food

My boyfriend and I ordered the tofu & vegan steak with spaghetti, curry rice, soymilk tea and strawberry pie. We loved everything! The strawberry pie tasted a bit artificial probably because of the strawberry jam inside, but it wasn't bad after all. It's located in a quiet alley with lots of greens outside. There were a plethora of options on the menu. Price was also pretty good, we spent $20 (NT 610) in total and we were both super full. Will definitely go again to try other stuff!

Pros: food, location, staff

darkrabbit

Points +240

05 Nov 2016

try the Bibimbap ... my favorite! :)

The speciality in this Loving Hut is hot pot and various versions of Korean Bibimbap, as well as various cakes and even ice cream.
Super delicious and very friendly service. The price is reasonable.

Pros: very delicious, friendly staff

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Heping Branch closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.