CLOSED: Loving Hut - Huaining

Contact 02-2311-9399

44, Huaining Street, Jhongjheng District, Taipei, Taiwan, 100

Chinese name 愛家國際連鎖餐飲, address 100 台北市中正區懷寧街44號. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned. Serves cooked food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, afternoon tea and cake. Prices around NT50 for each dish. Photo menu. 3 levels of seating. DEC 2014 REPORTED LEASE EXPIRED, MIGHT RE-OPEN ELSEWHERE.

Category: Vegan, Juice bar, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by comida

it will be permanently closed from the 31.12.2014! - Edit

I went there today (29.12.2014) and the food was delicious as usual. But I was informed that they will stop operating from the 31st of December. So TOMORROW IS THEIR LAST DAY! If you are planning a visit just go and enjoy!

Okay so it was my first time in a vegan restaurant, but I was BLOWN AWAY. The food was soooo good, too good actually. The only thing I didn't like was the soup they give as a side to your meal. It was tasteless really and there was some type of seaweed in there, I genuenly don't enjoy seaweed. But the people there were super nice, spoke ok english. Me and my friend ordered in the ground floor, sat upstairs and they sent the food up to us in a mini elevator. So cool. All food was done in 10 minutes. We got the spaghetti bolognese, the steak, some other plane I can't remember the name of, the rose cappuccino (delicious, but don't eat the dried pedals on top, they are NOT edible, I had to learn the hard way haha) and the strawberry cheese cake!!! I mean, that was the star of the night. I was actually tempted to go ask if all the food really is vegan. It was that good. Specially the cheesecake tasted real, and my friend who is a vegetarian because she said she couldnt give up milk in her coffee actually told me that this one tasted just like pretty much a normal coffee. So an amazing night

Pros: unbelievebly delicious food, nice place, nice english speaking people

Cons: tasteless soup

Average - Edit

I had the mock New York steak, which was really good (see picture). As mentioned by previous reviewers your order comes with rice and soup among other side dishes. While I found the mock steak to be delicious, the rest of the food was average, and just bland for my taste.
The staff was nice and they have menus in various languages.

Pros: Price

Cons: Bland food

Great for Everyday Eating - Edit

This is a great Loving Hut, with the standard decor and videos (which I actually find quite entertaining). The food is very reasonably priced, well-prepared, and has generous portion sizes. I paid 100 TWD for mock New York steak, rice, soup, a tofu side, and a side of veggies. The meal was satisfying, especially for the price.

It's not a fancy place by any means, but if I lived nearby I'm sure I would frequent the place regularly and work my way through the menu. It's a solid choice for everyday eating or for backpackers looking to fill up on a small amount of money.

The people working there don't seem to speak English, but everything is self explanatory. The menu is a picture menu and if you know even basic Chinese characters you can read it. Still, as soon as they saw me they rushed to find the English menu, so I can confirm they have one of those too!

Pros: Price, Friendly Service

Straightforward & cheap food, central location - Edit

Situated between Taipei Main Station and 2-28 Memorial Park. If walking, carry on for a few blocks along Huaining Street. We got sidetracked and found it on the 2nd attempt. Order your food (English menu available) at the till. Get your number and if it's crowded, try going upstairs. They will send the food upstairs using a dumbwaiter. Collect it on your floor when your number flashes up on the wall.

Pros: Cheap, Centrally located

Vegtastic! (I need to enter some title :)) - Edit

I really liked this place. The food was tasty and cheap, the surroundings were comfortable and clean, and the staff were very nice. I'll be coming back.

Like it! - Edit

Went there with a friend, kind of late, close to 9:00pm. They were closing, so they say just take away at that time. Not many options at that time so we take curry vegetables and fried noodles, it was very good, and impressive they did not use so much plastic as I see in all Asia. They use paper plates which I really like it.

Great quick food in a central location - Edit

This is a great family destination for us as our kids love the drinks and desserts and spaghetti and there is lots of vegan groceries we can buy here and get a great value meal too. They can get Earth balance and any loving hut product in for you if you ask, there is usually someone on staff who speaks English and there are tons of tables and seats on 3 levels. They have some great value meals and some delicious (if not especially healthy) food, the 'steak' meal with coriander pesto sauce is really really good as are the deep fried crumbed mushrooms.

Pros: Great value, Central location, Lots of space

Cons: Some food not so healthy

Fast food style - Edit

Was here in November 2010 and am pleased to review this Loving Hut here on happycow.net. It's a small shop on the ground floor but has upstairs seating with air conditioning (upstairs) as well as a basement area for seating. The menu is simple and each dish is shown with a photo image.

Each dish is quite cheap, only around NT50-60. Food is served quickly, taste is average. Good enough for a cheap quick bite. My husband and I shared a rice noodle stir fry, a spicy wonton bowl, and red sauce faux meat with rice dish.

They make coffee drinks with soy. NOTE: Most items contain either soy and/or gluten, so special diet people can have only salad here.

Delicious food, clean and bright environment - Edit

Three of us went for an early lunch here today. The staff were warm and welcoming, and they were happy to explain the ingredients in their dishes. Most dishes had a no onion/garlic option, although we did want our scallions! We were told that none of their food contained any cow's milk, butter, cheese, or alcohol. Forgot to ask about yoghurt though, but I would assume they wouldn't use that either, but can't say for sure.

We had some wonderful wonton noodle soup and good solid fried rice with a small side of stir fried vegetables. We also had a side dish of tonkatsu-fried style shiitake mushrooms. The batter was divine, tasted like it had a bit of curry powder in it, and we could see some sesame seeds as well. A bowl of miso soup (with cilantro in it, they've made miso soup more Chinese than Japanese!) came with our orders. We also had a lovely chocolate soy shake and a cranberry soy shake. The friendly girl we ordered our food from explained that they used organic soy milk in all their drinks. By the time it was 11,50am, the place was packed with office workers from nearby buildings.

Quite cheap, too. This is a great place that's relatively easy to find, near the Taipei Main Station.

Pros: Modern premises, Clean environment, Great food

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Huaining closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2644 times since May 2008.