Loving Hut - Sunset District

• Friend
415-731-1957

524 Irving St (at Sunset District), San Francisco, California, USA, 94122

Vegan restaurant created with a vision that all beings can live in peace and harmony with each other and the planet. It is an invitation to plant cuisine made with wholesome ingredients, and it offers an accessible starting point for those making the transition to a plant-based diet. Awarded "Best vegan restaurant of San Francisco" in 2014 and 2015 by Best Business. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by SynthVegan

Loving Hut never dissapoints - Edit

As usual, LH tends to be really nice everywhere you try it. I got a spicy soup and it was delicious. Also got some wonton and BBQ buns, I'm not the greatest fan but they tasted nice.

Delivery service on time, no complains.

Good for a casual bite - Edit

Found this on Happycow. Here's my Loving Hut Sunset location review.

It's a deep space with plenty of seating. At the front of the restaurant is a counter with glass case display of some cooked dishes (for their lunch specials - rice + one entree) and another display of colorful cakes and other snacks. Overall it's very relaxed.

The menu is extensive and most dishes come with a photo image so you can see what you might like to get. I always like to get the pho noodle soup, so I did. It arrive piping hot with a aromatic cinnamon scent. Taste was all right. I also ordered a side of potstickers (pan fried dumplings), and that was tasty, too.

The prices are inexpensive, and the food is fresh and all vegan. Our waiter was very friendly and courteous. A good stop to get a quick bite when in the Sunset area of San Francisco.

Delicious, well priced, great variety! - Edit

We were craving soup, and we're disappointed by the other Phö restaurants around--nearly no veggie options! So glad to find this vegan haven!! Restaurant was clean and staff welcoming. The wonton soup was delicious, but R3 Mushroom clay pot was an unexpected favorite--comforting, great flavor, hot! Wish I could eat there everyday.

didn't expect that - Edit

The staff is very friendly and the prices are totally ok. But unfortunately the main dish wasn't tasty:/ neither mine nor the one of my friend. But I can recommend the summer rolls! They were great.

Love the Loving Hut - Edit

we visited San Francisco in January and enjoyed eating at the Loving Hut multiple times on our visit. The portions were very fair and the flavors were excellent. The pricing seemed very reasonable for the portions and being in San Francisco. We will certainly be back when we visit San Francisco again.

Pros: good value, good flavors, good selection

Cons: located in a food court so noisey

Freshly made food. - Edit

We were there on a Saturday evening. There were a few tables full: families with children, couples, groups of friends.
Their menu is 100% vegan, mostly Asian (Chinese, Vietnamese) with a few Western options (burgers, pasta, pizza) featuring pictures of most items. Most dishes use tofu and soy protein.
They say they don't use MSG and also use some organic ingredients.
The place also sells vegan dog food and some vegan snacks.
The service was good and prompt, the waitress is very nice and fast.
We ordered clay pot rice and stir fried veggies with house sauce. They were fresh, made on the spot, but they were nothing special.
The mocha cake was old and tasteless, a great disappointment.

Pros: 100% vegan, Good service, No MSG

Cons: cake

Great first visit - Edit

We used happy cow to find Living Hut while driving through SF.
We loved the menu and ordered 5 separate dishes to sample all we could.
Service was very quick and attentive. It was early afternoon so we had the place to ourselves.
All the dishes were tasty and arrived in order and good temperature.
The staff was very friendly and enthused about vegan cuisine.
This could be a tough place to park at times but the muni train stops right there so it's great for locals.

delish! - Edit

Very good vegetables and sandwiches. However, few soy free options.

Cons: nothing without soy :(

Wow! - Edit

My girlfriend and I have really been wanting to come here ever since we tried Loving Hut in Phoenix. We went in on a Wednesday around 2:30PM and had a really awesome experience.

Food - 5/5, loved everything we ordered! Guru's Curry was our favorite, we even tried the pizza and it was pretty good.

Ambience - 4/5 Nice and clean, cute minimal decor, the only thing I'm not crazy about is the TV with the Supreme Master lady's variety show playing. I guess this is a consistent theme at Loving Huts, but I prefer no TV's in restaurants.

Service - 5/5 Our waitress was SO insanely nice. Came and took our order quickly, came to check on us but didn't overdo it. Food came out pretty fast.

I don't understand all the crappy reviews I've seen of this location. We were totally blown away. Love it.

Pros: food!, nice people!, affordable!

one of the best. - Edit

Loving hut is one of the best vegan food chains out there. I usually always give then four stars but I was sad to see that this location did not have my favorite soup which is the royal noodle soup that they carry at some of their other locations. Anyway, you really can't go wrong with pretty much everything on their menu. I recommend trying the phone, and trying the crispy rolls. Soo good. I also love that they have vegan candy bars. always a bonus! oh another thing, their service is always fast. I usually get my good within minutes.

Pros: fast. , cheap!, delcious

Cons: parking , no royal soup

amazing coffee - Edit

I'm not vegan but all the food here is
Had the pho noodle which was good but the vegan coffee she brought me was insanely tasty!!

Nice Place - Edit

Nice extensive menu and tasty food, however service was a bit slow and they brought out the rice well before the main dishes so the rice went cold. Otherwise a good place.

Pros: Menu, Food Tasty

Great dessert, some organics - Edit

This Loving Hut is good for a meal or dessert if you're in the Golden Gate Park area. The food is typical Loving Hut fare, but they distinguish themselves by using some organic ingredients, including salads, which we appreciate. They also have an enticing dessert menu, and the pumpkin "cheesecake" is lovely.

Pros: Some organics, good desserts, near the park

slow service, adequate food - Edit

We had to wait so long for a takeout lunch menu. The lunch menu was OK. Pretty typical veggies and grain type thing. If we were in some location that doesn't have a lot of vegan choices, it's one thing. But in San Francisco there are so many choices.

Pros: All vegan

Fine for takeout and has vegan dog food - Edit

Came here for takeout for a picnic lunch in Golden Gate park. Worked really nicely for that, near enough for an easy walk to eat in a grassy field. Compared to other Loving Hut locations in SF, the dishes I had here were not the most exciting but met the general standards of Loving Huts around the world. They had some cakes that looked really good but were $4-6 for a slice, pretty expensive considering most dishes are $8-11 and the weekday lunch special is $5.95 (great deal)!

The atmosphere in the restaurant was pretty sterile, not the most fun to eat inside; think cafeteria.

The most interesting thing was that they offer a "Loving Hut" brand vegan dog food, which I've never seen before. It's very convenient to pick some up here, the only other location for vegan dog food in SF that I've seen being Rainbow Grocery which sells V-Dog (with a good markup over the online price). My dog normally eats V-Dog kibble and he seemed to like Loving Hut kibble about the same (we tried a $1 sample bag). They seem similar in ingredients also.

Pros: Perfect location for park picnics, Offers variety of human and canine food

Cons: Dishes I tried were one-dimensional, Lack of ambience in restaurant

Love Loving Hut - Edit

We ate here on Valentine's Day - luckily, they weren't too busy and it wasn't too loud. Our servers were nice and the food was good. As always, at every loving hut. The menu has gf options listed - including a tasty minty chocolate cheesecake! For appetizer we shared "Spicy Lemongrass Tofu". I ate the "Chow Fun" with thick rice noodles and broccoli. Alex ate the "Mongolian Delight". It was a lot of food!

Pros: Good service, Tasty food, Plenty on the plate

food was okay - Edit

We went there for dinner this week and were surprised at the price of the food. It was 37 and change for two plates, soup and rice. The food was okay.

Love in the Sunset - Edit

I loved my meal at Loving Hut. The place was clean, the service was good and everything we ordered was delicious. Loved the seaweed tofu soup and the orange tofu (very similar to orange chicken). Lots of healthy dishes, many gluten-free. Mostly vegan Chinese, but some "western" dishes as well.

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Sunset District closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.