Loving Hut Southgate

Contact 01293530340

1 Southgate Parade, Southgate Dr, Crawley, England, RH10 6ER

Part of the international group of vegan restaurants; each location is individually operated. Serves a wide range of dishes, from curries and dumplings to burgers, hot dogs, fish & chips. Has cakes and smoothies. Will cater for allergies. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, British

First Review by LauraStone90

yummy yummy - Edit

I love the food in here!! The asian dishes are all so fresh and delicious...and VEGAN!!! Its so cool to have a vegan restaurant in this neck of the woods. Great prices and service too!!

Pros: great asian vegan menue, fresh cooked, cheap prices

Cons: wish was in the centre of town

Vegan cafe - Edit

Vegan eating retreats branch out to local area. It is good to see vegan places getting closer and popping up in the local area. I enjoyed the vegan hot dog and smoothie and it's the first time I've seen the high quality Himalayan salt made available to add. I did not envisage Southgate being the first 100% vegan place in the fairly local area!

Pros: 100% vegan, Hot vegan food/ healthy smoothies, Himalayan salt

Cons: Expensive, Can be hard to find, Cramped

Love it! - Edit

I walk a dog on behalf of someone and have been walking past this cafe since it opened a few months ago. Today I finally went in to try it out and I absolutely loved it! I had the vegan hot dog and chips to go, so I ate it when I got home and was so impressed. The smell was floating around my car on the way and was making me so hungry!
I will be back again very soon, I want to try the nuggets and fish n chips as well as some of the tofu dishes. I think even my meat-eater husband will enjoy!

Pros: Varied menu, Clean, First of it's kind in Crawley

Cons: I have no complaints!

incredible food, friendly staff :) - Edit

Delicious food, nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Came here with my Dad, we had the dim sum platter which was delicious, the satay skewers, v chicken ball and v fish were so similar to the animal version I would be fooled if I didn't know it was a vegan restaurant! Dumplings and spring roll also delicious, as was the cheesecake! Best vegan cheesecake I've ever tasted. Also smoothie was delicious too :) very very impressed! Thank you Loving Hut!

Pros: Food , Atmosphere , Staff

Cons: Please start selling a recipe book!

Allergic and Vegan - Edit

Family group - with varied and complicated allergies/food intolerances profile; age range 6 to 68 - found a vegan food haven in Crawley last night. Food yummy and fresh cooked, wide range catering to all tastes Very clean and attractive cafe style ambiance. Highly recommended.

Wow! - Edit

Live and work locally - popped in for a bit of lunch and to pick up some cakes for work.

Lovely venue, lovely people and amazing food!

I suggest the Vfish and chips - how do they get the tofu to taste like fish? So incredible!

I really hope this place is a success, first of it's kind in Crawley!

Pros: Amazing food, Great staff, Nice and quiet

Cons: None, None, None

A little vegan gem in Crawley - Edit

We were delighted to find this eatery right here in Crawley. Finding vegan food in Crawley is challenging, but having The Loving Hut open here is fantastic. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, the place is small, but clean and comfortable. The selection on offer is great, and we'll certainly come here for breakfast, lunch and dinner quite often.

Vegan Food - Edit

Amazing , at last a Vegan cafe in Crawley, and the food is superb, the lady Pam who runs the cafe , is absolutely lovely, I can't wait to go back.

Pros: Free parking right outside., Inexpensive., First in Crawley.

Fishing for compliments - Edit

Pleasantly surprised to find a Loving Hut here.

Great food. Would recommend the fish, which I tried for the first time not knowing what to expect. Dim Sum Platter was equally good.

Nice staff, quick service, very clean, affordable, tasty etc.

Pros: 100% Vegan. , Friendly staff, good service, Varied menu

Nice Food, Lovely People - Edit

We're over the moon to have a 100% Vegan place within half an hour of us! We tried a few dishes when we visited. It was nice, but the mock meats weren't to our taste, but the other options, including tofu, are great. The staff are friendly, and the cake is divine!

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-19

Pros: 100% Vegan, Vegan Cake, Lots Of Choice

Cons: Lots Of Fake Meat, Location Isn't The Best

Return to Crawley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut Southgate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.