CLOSED: Loving Hut

Contact 02-5762158

(at 35, Gaepo-ro 22-gil, Gangnam-gu), Seoul, South Korea,

Part of chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan western-Korean fusion food, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Versions of Korean recipes done veg-style (soups, stews, sushi, kimbop, dumplings). Sells packaged faux meats like veggicken. 2015 relocated from Gangnam-gu, Gaepo 4(sa)-dong 1229-10. Reported closed to HappyCow, Oct 2015.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, Fusion, Korean

First Review by Terry B.

Vegan Buffet and Store - Edit

I brought my carnivore family with me and they all thought it was meat in the dishes beacaus of all the soy protein. The buffet was ok, a little cold, but with lots of options. The store was really nice and they have some amazing vegan cakes and vegan ice-cream! Here you can also buy almond milk, which isn´t very easy to find in Korea.

Pros: The store, The outdoor seating area, The large range of food in the buffet

Cons: Way too much soy protein

The Supreme Master Does It Again! - Edit

So we got into Seoul late because of traffic. Happy Cow said the closest LH was here. When we arrived we discovered it was a nice buffet with some very friendly folks. Many loving huts close a little earlier. If you're in the neighborhood, give this one a shot. 13k for the dinner buffet.

Vegan Buffet - Edit

This is a very well prepared buffet selection with an extensive choice of vegetable dishes to choose from.

The food is fresh, the premises is clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly. One or two there speak English.

There is a vegan grocery area with quite a good range of products to buy to take home.

My only criticism of this particular Loving Hut outlet was that they didn't offer more mock meat dishes.

For a vegan restaurant though which serves greens, potato and other Korean vegetable delights, you really can't expect a better effort.

I'm Jeff Wattson. I can be contacted on [email protected] or you can follow me on [email protected]

Updated from previous review on Friday March 28, 2014

korean food with faux meats - Edit

Workers were really nice and the atmosphere was very calming. There was a lot of fake meat in the dishes and the food tasted a bit like organic food store air... if you know what I mean. The little store on the side was great, so far the only place I've been able to buy veggie meat, and their vegan oatmeal cookies were good. On the whole: too many fake meats, nice people, calm atmosphere.

Wonderful food, great atmosphere - Edit

The restaurant's all-you-can-eat buffet style was diverse, and each dish was delicious. Many dishes incorporated mock-meats, and brown rice is available. Great dukboki, and veggie kimbop! The place is tidy, and usually bustling. The staff is very, very warm and friendly.

It's a bit of work to get there, but really worth it. I twice took a cab from the subway, directing the driver to go to Poi-Dong / Samhomulsan, which was a short, easy drive away. Once you are on Poi-Dong, you will see a Starbucks. Contrary to what the website seems to suggest, SM is not across from the Starbucks, but is on the SAME side of the street. If you are facing the Starbucks, go to your right a little ways. SM is across the street from a Paris Baguette. It is set back slightly from the street and has a little porch area and some bushes / trees around it.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, buffet style

Cons: not near the subway

SM retaurant - Edit

The food is ok, but the price is high for a meal.
The reason I often go there because you can buy frozen veggie food such as vegetarian bulgogi and other wheat and soy meats. These are really good and they add to my cooking at home.

Pros: Sells frozen foods to take home. , Decent dine-in food, Friendly staff

Cons: expensive

My favorite restarrant in Seoul - Edit

My family and I have eaten here ~20 times and have always enjoyed it, as have both meat and non-meat eating friends who have joined us.

Pros: excellent food, small store, price

Cons: location

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4633 times since Aug 2007.