Loving Hut - San Jose

Contact 408-229-2795

925 Blossom Hill Rd (at Santa Teresa Blvd, inside Westfield Oakridge Mall), San Jose, California, USA, 95123

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Mon-Fri 10:30am-9:00pm, Sat 10:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Alistra

great! - Edit

the food was amazing! i come here often for some good "chicken nuggets". the location is very convenient, the service is fast and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for fast, cheap and good food.

Pros: Convenient, Cheap, Fast

Very good! - Edit

I ordered a patty melt, and a side of fries and of course some dipping sauce. the lady at the counter was very informative, and very nice. she knew what everything was made for and what brand. she was extremely kind and very helpful and very friendly. And the food was very good. ☆☆☆

A go-to for us - Edit

My husband and I have been frequenting this Loving Hut for several years. We've never had any major issues with this place, albeit the noodle dishes can be a bit greasy sometimes. There are a lot of good options, vermicelli combo, fried rice, pad thai, tuno melt, patty melt, hibiscus tea, cheesecake, and the satay bites are so good. Also, their steamed buns are delicious! Definitely recommend people try this place out :)

Pros: Vegan, Inexpensive, Close to my house :)

Cons: Can be greasy sometimes

Tasty - Edit

Have been to Loving Hut two times. The first time we just had the cheesecake. It was fantastic! The second time We tried some of the appetizers and a patty melt. They were all really tasty. The people who work there are nice. Service is extremely quick. Overall, we enjoy eating here.

Pros: tasty food, excellent cheesecake, quick service

REDICULOUS - Shared from Yelp - Edit

I'm just copying and pasting my review from Yelp so other can be aware of how bad this place is. Sad to say it too cause it tasted great...

My first experience here was okay, I just ordered two appetizers to get a taste for what they had to offer. Thought the food tasted great and thought it might be my new place to go.
Now the second time(today) was a totally different story, it first started when I noticed they didn't know what they were doing, as I saw they were switching stuff on and off a tray for someones order like they hadn't a damn clue who ordered what, didn't mind it much and my friend and I continued to place our order, the wait was somewhat long which is expected for fresh food, so no problems there.
I got my sandwich and sat down with my friend, took the first bite and thought, it's incredible how much flavor they can give this vegan food and thought it tasted great.
After a few bites I noticed something shiny slightly sticking out near the end of the sandwich and I went to grab it out... it was a f***ing piece of metal I almost chewed down on, looked like it came from one of those metal dish brushes(http://goo.gl/E8AZQJ something like this) were they making my damn sandwich in the kitchen or what?
I first couldn't believe my eyes nothing like this has ever happened to me.
I approached the lady and gave her the sandwich and piece of metal, and she tried to offer me a new sandwich, and for some odd reason I was too anxious to stand up for myself and simply agreed to take another sandwich.
I stayed close by to keep an eye on every thing, and I noticed the guy in the back making the sandwich touched his face/hair a few times in between making stuff and didn't even change his gloves. Now I have worked in a deli before and that kinda s**t would have gotten me sacked in a millisecond.
I couldn't believe that, I was already thinking *how could this get any worse*.
This horror will make me never come back again, and I'm so shaken up about it I am almost even considering contacting a lawyer because of how disturbing this was, I feel like I wont even be able to sleep tonight or the rest of the week.
Trying to do my body good and almost ingesting something harmful... god this is ridiculous. Who knows what other germs or chemicals could have been on this food!!!!!!!!

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Health Hazard, Dangerous, Filthy and Unprofessional

Excellent Vegan Food - Edit

This Loving Hut is in Oakridge Mall in food-court style -- very casual. You go up to the counter to order, and they call you when your food is ready to pick up. They have asian style dishes (soups, chow mein, etc) and western style sandwiches. Both are delicious. You can add either french fries or a side salad to the sandwich dishes for about $2. Servings are very generous - you won't be hungry when you leave!

Pros: excellent food, fast, casual

Cons: area can get crowded

Awesome - Edit

I've never seen a vegetarian restaurant in a food court before. That's incredible!
The service was extremely friendly and the food was great. Very inexpensive too!
I got the crispy tender and my husband got a patty melt. Both were delicious! The best part was the Pink Nectar drink. It's one of those things you taste and then immediately you're jaw-dropped by how good it is.

Yummy fast food - Edit

If I ever have a craving for some dirty comfort food, I can definitely take comfort in Loving Hut. Best patty melt I've ever tasted! And the pho was awesome too. The fake meat was almost uncomfortably similar to real meat (makes you wonder what they put in that to get it so close...) Gotta say, I wasn't too keen on the fries. But the Asian/Vietnamese food was great and seemed much healthier than the American inspired dishes. I'll be back here for sure, whether to get some fresh healthy spring rolls or some guilty pleasure food.

Best Vegan Food Ever! - Edit

My husband and I were surprised to find out how delicious Loving Hut was! It's located inside a mall and is super casual, so we were completely blown away by the powerful awesome vegan flavors! Seriously, try it. We ate here twice over the weekend and LOVED everything we tried. I recommend the corn chowder and tuna melt. There are other Loving Hut restaurants around, but it seems they each have a distinct menu, so try this location and get some shopping done while you're at it.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 06, 2010
Updated from previous review on Monday September 06, 2010

Pros: cheap, amazing fresh food, fast service

Cons: in a mall

Exquisit Vegan Cuisine - Edit

This is one of the best Vegan restaurants I have ever tried. It's in the mall which provides shoppers an excellent healthy and delicious choices which is very hard to find in the shopping malls. All the dishes i have tried are excellent and the recently added new items like Pesto chik'n Sandwich, Tuno Melt, Pattie Melts are absolutely the best hot sandwiches I have ever had. The menu includes multi-cultrual cuisine, like Vietnamese Pho, spicy noodles, Chinese rice dishes like fried rice combo, and so on. It' definietly worth to make a trip to the mall even if you are not a mall shopper. Yummy!

Pros: delicious, good price, healthy choices

My husband and I just went here for the first time the other day. Food and service are amazing! We look forward to going back very soon!!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great customer service, reasonable prices

Cons: It's in the mall

Yummy, veggie and close to home! - Edit

What a wonderful surprise to find a little vegan place in Oakridge Mall! My husband and I both love eating here - my favorites are pho and won ton noodle soup and he loves the classic burger. Their egg rolls and lemonade are tasty too! Some veggie places seem to use too much sodium and oil in their food. It is tasty, but leaves me feeling a bit ill. I always walk away from this place feeling contented and great! My husband describes Loving Hut as having the perfect comfort food. Love it!!!

Pros: Convenient location, Good value, Generous portions

Cons: Smaller selection, Some tables wobbly

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - San Jose closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5115 times since Apr 2009.