Loving Hut - Quan Thanh

192/4 Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam,

Modern decor, clean space. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages. Need to double check the hours - let happycow know. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Fast food, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by sshssh

Very Good Value Friendly Atmosphere - Edit

Have been coming here for many years now each time I come to Hanoi. Love the Place. The food is delicious and very cheap.
If you are visiting Tran Quoc Pagoda, West Lake or Tru Bach Lake they are very close can walk around 1km from Tran Quoc Pagoda.
Please note they are moving in July 2017

Awesome Buffet - Edit

If you go there when there is Buffet you'll be charged 100k that are totally worth the stay. Tried the whole Buffet and everything was very good. Local food and dining with locals. Located in a side alley so look closely. It's easy to miss.

disappointing hut - Edit

The food here was very affordable
But was not too impressed with taste
Lovely little place to visit
Even though disappointed first time will try again

Pros: cheap

Responding to some negativity - Edit

I have been eating in Loving Huts and other vegan eateries in Ha Noi for over four years. This place would be in the top three. I have walked from the Old Quarter to Quan Thanh numerous times a good twenty minutes walk or get a bus from Hoan Kiem lake to 192 Quan Thanh 10 minutes. All Loving Hut's menus have pictures of the dishes and they are in Vietnamese and English. Maybe the staff don't ALL speak English, but think about it when a Vietnamese visits the west and reads menus in that country. I have lived in EU and can say menus don't have pictures of the dishes. The prices in Ha Noi are extremely affordable, if your going to gripe about the quality and quantity try eating in a five star hotel or KFC and see what you get for the dong. Menu has changed and visited this today. I noticed new chef what i had crock pot shitake mushroom, mixed fresh vegetables and fried rice with mixed vegetables has passionfruit juice. On sale now 45,000d $2 Banh Chung, Tet Rice Cake

Updated from previous review on 2013-12-01

Pros: No animal ingredients, mock meats for the vegetarian, pictues for the people who can't read

Nice - Edit

Pretty nice food, nice atmosphere, would recommend

Wonderful! - Edit

I came here the first night I was in Hà Nội and although it was a little out of the way I really wanted to try it.

I had the Bun Thang and the fried spring rolls and both were delicious and it was super cheap.

The only reason I have it 4 not 5 was that the service wasn't as good as I have had in other places

Pros: Great food , Great Prices

Cons: Service

Delicious variations of Vietnamese dishes - Edit

I came here on a Thursday at midday and it was absolutely packed. I came with the intention of ordering off the menu but was told that they only offer the menu after 2pm and now only had their 100k lunch buffet which I ended up agreeing to. Plenty of dishes were being served such as, deep fried veg, mock meats, tofu, sushi, salads, rice, noodles, spring rolls, omlettes, along with drinks and desserts. All of which were really delicious and authentic tasting.

Pros: Authentic Vietnamese flavours , Good value for money , Filled with locals

Cons: Minimal space, Limited AC

veganvirtues 23 Sep 2016 - You came on the 15th Tet Trung Thu the 1st and 15th of the lunar calendar in Vietnam ppl go vegetarian. It's a ($5) 100,000d and eat all you can buffet. really normal and cheap in Ha Noi. There is seating upstairs. Not sure why u commented minimal seating, there are stairs going up. One of the best Loving Huts in Ha Noi.

Good food - Edit

Small restaurant in a side street. Menu has many options. Our food tasted really good. Prices cheap.

Great Vietnamese food! - Edit

Tucked away in a compound that opens to the street, this restaurant serves a wide variety of vegan dishes. Some are vegan versions of meat or fish, like vegan beef, shrimp or even vegan snails(!). I had the fried spinach with sesame and lime, which was delicious, and some noodles with mixed veggies and some vegan meat, which was fine.

Pros: Purely vegan

Excellent - Edit

My fav place, i come here so often that usually get discounts and bonus :D fruits in potato nest is a must try

Pros: Delicious, Famous, Various

Good food - Edit

good food, large portions, small place, sometimes nice service sometimes not..
Should cut off the MSG (monosodium glutamate) in the food, for protecting our health.. :) (I know in Vietnam I just find out two places that dont use this chemical but we must create a healthy food revolution.. Really :) )

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 14, 2016

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 14, 2016

3 Responses

juliazung 09 Mar 2016 - I have seen their ingredients and confirmed that they don't use MSG at all! What they use is the seasonings made from vegetables. Their religion is very demanding in vegan diet, which told them that MSG contains chemicals and animal products (sometimes)! So, no worries!

VanVeganHanoi 02 May 2016 - dont u know that mock meat contains lots of MSG ?
And because I can read in VNese so I am sure that the selling vegan foods there contain MSG and even the so called *vegetable seasonings* in Vietnam is just another sort of MSG.
Sadness.
;(

VanVeganHanoi 02 May 2016 - in Hanoi by now I just know 2 VEGAN places where they dont use msg. Please check the *Vegans in Vietnam* facebook page for more info. I even created an album named *ADIEU MSG* on it. Not many restaurants dare to confirm there that they dont use MSG or mock meat.

Please dont ask why I*m so serious on this subject. Its simply because MSG and other toxic chemicals are causing too much cancers in Vietnam !!! ;(

I just want to encourage ppl to change their way of cooking ! So Sad..

good lunch set - Edit

I went there today for lunch. the Restaurant is really small with a few tables crammed inside. it might be a Little hard to find. look out for the "home coffee store"; loving hut is in the alley next to it.

the menu is extensive although not too expensive! most dishes were about 35'000-40'000 Dong. everybody around me had a plate with Rice and different things around it so i figured that must be the lunch set. so i ordered the same.
i got 2 soups (one lukewarm, the pumpkin one already cold) plus a plate with Rice topped with sesame and some veggies etc. around it. only one mock meat. there was some Kind of springroll which looked like it had egg as a filling but i guess it must have been Tofu, right?
i paid 30'000 Dong. taste was good! except for the Rice and the mock meat everything was cold. so if you want something hot better go there before 12pm or order something else.

Pros: lunch set for 30'000, good taste

Cons: hidden in an alley, food was served cold

Good Place! - Edit

The first place we went to eat, yummy !!! Advised

Tastiest veggie meal we had in Hanoi - Edit

Loved the sweet and sour pork spare ribs, seafood spring rolls, roast duck and beef salad. Delicious food. generous servings.

Almost entirely fake meats - Edit

Wasn't great, but if you like fake meat go for it.

good - Edit

Been there twice, and food was really good both of the times. They have a vegan 'bird nest' desert which I really liked and overall the food was really tasty.
The staff were sometimes very busy with other things, but friendly. One girl got really scared when I spoke English, so maybe be quiet and point is better:)

One of the best in Hanoi - Edit

Ate here our last night and LOVED it. We walked from the Old Quarter and it took about 30 minutes, with great sights to see on the way, like the big market. We were soaking wet from sweat when we got there. We were the only ones and they shut the doors and turned on the a/c for us, which was incredibly nice. The chef spoke English but no one else did. We got 4 dishes, waters, and it was only $8. Pho was good. Lemon chicken was very good. Sushi good. Definitely recommend. Clean and modernish.

Better than nothing - Edit

There aren't many vegan restaurants in Hanoi, so we were really excited to go to this Loving Hut.

There were a lot of options to choose from, but the food was not really flavourful and there were no desserts.

I guess my expectations were too high. It's a really simple place but, of course, I would go there again, as there aren't many vegan restaurants in Hanoi.

Pros: A lot of options to choose from

Cons: Not clean, Kind of bland food

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Quan Thanh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.