Loving Hut - Plzenska

Contact +420-773904988

Plzenska 8 (at Praha 5), Prague, Czech Republic,

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, International, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by BartekBondzior

An Okay Meal -- Disappointed - Edit

I went to the Loving Hut at Anděl this evening and had just an okay experience.

The last time I was here, almost 3 years ago, it was a great experience.

The difference? The signs at the buffet were all wrong and it was impossible to know what was on offer.

Plus, although many of the buffet signs are printed in both Czech and English, several tonight were handwritten in Czech only, so again, impossible to know for sure what the food was.

The only person on duty tonight who spoke English was the Cashier, and it was difficult to get him at a free moment to answer questions about the food (or even to notify him that all the food signs were in the wrong places).

When I asked him about the dishes with Czech-only signs, he couldn't tell me everything because he didn't know the English translation for a couple of the ingredients.

Additionally, I am a Gluten-Free Vegan, and since their signage was so inconsistent, and the Cashier didn't sound very confident when asked if their "soy meat" had any gluten in it, my choices were limited to just a couple of things that appeared to be "safe" for me to eat.

They also had a lengthy, numbered list of "food allergens" written in Czech prominently on display, but none of the food signs seemed to be using this list as a guide to help people know which menu offerings contained which allergens.

I don't expect every restaurant in the world to have a menu in my language. But, they did have many signs with "English Subtitles", so some consistency in this area could be expected.

Not sure if I will bother going back to the Loving Hut at Anděl this trip...

Pros: Wide variety of Vegan food. , Self-Serve Buffet allows you to choose how much, Inexpensive

Cons: Inconsistent signage, not all have English, Buffet labels were all mixed-up, Allergens not clearly identified

Vegan at the food court! - Edit

It felt great to see a dedicated vegan place in the food court of a modern shopping centre. It seemed that a lot of the people there wouldn't usually be found at a dedicated vegan place so it was nice to see organism getting mainstream here.
We arrived late in the day and loaded our plates up full of tasty food from the buffet for a great price!

Pros: Amazingly cheap, Vegan gone mainstream

Refreshing take on a mall fast-food - Edit

In the food court of Novy Smichov mall. Self-service, offers a nice variety of vegan meals and soups plus non-alcoholic drinks (Fritz-kola!). Medium price range (with a discount in the evening), payment is cash-only. Recommended for a quick meal on the go.

Pros: fast, clear labelling of ingredients, varied, colourful, enjoyable food

Cons: none

Nothing to complain about. - Edit

Offering mainly Asian-style dishes, fairly cheap, conveniently located. The staff were nice and helpful, the food fresh and tasty. I had fried tofu with chips, since I was in a mood for something fast-food like, and I was satisfied. Even my carnivorous friends I went there with liked their meals ;)

All in all - I can recommend this place with no negative remarks :)

Pros: price, good food, friendly waiters

Cons: maybe decor

Friendly staff, good food - Edit

What this Loving Hut lacks in atmosphere, being in a noisy food court, it makes up in convenience (within a half-hour walk from the city centre, and one of the only restaurants of this chain open on Sundays), good quality food, and friendly helpful staff. I tried the buffet, which consisted of piping-hot battered vegetables, imitation meat dishes, spring rolls, rice etc, which is priced by weight, a salad, which is also buffet-style but priced at 40 CZK per bowl, and a piece of cake, available to take-away or eat-in for 70CZK. Everything is completely vegan and very fresh and high quality. I would say that the cash only policy is the only downside, as the per-weight pricing makes it hard to predict what the cost of the meal will be.

Pros: quality, choice, fully vegan

Cons: can be noisy

Nice hut - Edit

Conveniently located inside a mall with a huge Tesco inside, it was really good to spot it while desperate to find vegan food.
They have a lot of mock-meats and a huge buffet, which seems to be the best choice. The "shrimp" was a good experience.

Consistent and reliable. - Edit

As with 90% of Loving Huts I've been too, this one serves fairly Westernised pan-Asian mock-meats and stir fries. It was what I wanted and what I needed in my stay in Prague.

The cake was pretty good, too, and the service was fine, with an English speaker on staff who gave us a discount as we turned up close to closing time.

Pros: Good location., Good prices., Reliable food.

Cons: Hours were shorter than I expected.

Make your way here for a very tasty oriental style buffet experience or choose from a good selection of fake meat dishes in tasty sauces. The spring rolls are delicious and there is always a nice atmosphere here. I always try to go to Loving Hut if there happens to be one in a city.

Pros: fresh food, lots of seating

tasty, quick and convenient location! - Edit

This Loving Hut is in a mall near Tesco and the movies. Very convenient to the metro and the Ibis Hotel (where we were staying). Had couple meals there. We did buffet since it is quick but you can also order off the menu.
They also have wonderful desserts! Loved the chocolate torte.
Friendly staff and they spoke English

Vegan Fast Food... Great !!! - Edit

Je n'aime pas le fast-food par principe, mais la : j'adore...
Situé dans une galerie commerciale, il ne faut pas etre gené par les autres fast food "standards" qui cohabitent, avec leur cortege de souffrance animale dans la cuisine... Des familles entieres viennent se restaurer vegan... alors chapeau !!!
Pour un repas vegan, un peu simplifié mais délicieux et de la meme facture que dans les autres Loving Hut de la ville : il y en a 4 a Prague, bravo!!!

Végane Alice au pays des merveilles !!!

no-frills fast food - Edit

Located in Novy Smichov shopping mall Loving Hut has extended opening hours. Self service for buffet means literally fast food, as I was going to watch a movie right after lunch. Good food, although some of the dishes were lukewarm. Doesn't serve alcohol.

Pros: open until late, fast service, moderate prices

Cons: not a romantic place to eat :), no wine or beer

vegan and vietnamese - Edit

very tasty food with many asian spices, english speaking staff, good place to eat you first (vegan) sushi that you can order without any explanations about what you eat and what not;) reasonable prices. you can order either from english menu or compose your own meal with self-service.

Pros: tasty food, english speaking staff, enough big portions

Vegan Fast Food but not junk food. - Edit

One of the best vegan restaurant in Prague. English speaking staff, very friendly and helpful, at first we were a bit disoriented because of the self-service section, but one of the workers gave us english menu and we ordered from the menu. The food was really good quality considering the price. They were also open till 11pm.

Pros: Opening hours, Prices and quality of food, English speaking staff

Cons: none

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Plzenska closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3764 times since May 2011.