Loving Hut - Na Porici

• Vegan
Contact +420-775999376

Na Porici 25 (at near Biskupska corner), Prague, Czech Republic,

In early-2015 it relocated from Truhlarska 20 to Na Porici. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Individual family owned. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages. Varied menu includes noodles, rice, faux meat dishes, tofu, pasta, soup.

Category: Vegan, International, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Tullio

Lots of food and space - Edit

I really like this Loving Hut. It has a big assortment of dishes, offers vegan sweets and drinks. Black lentis salad here is the tastiest thing ever happened to lentis.

There's rather big assortment of cakes, including peanut cake with amazingly smooth peanut butter cream and crunchy peanut dough, some cheesecakes, chocolate cake with lots of cream and bananas and so on. Loved tiramisu even through it was a bit dry. Good tasting ice tea.

Staff are friendly and speak english. On the floor below there's also really nice vegan shop.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-20

Pros: Lots of space, Tasty food, Sweets

Great food, delicious desserts - Edit

The food here is always good and there are various options to choose from, but only rarely there is some new meal in the buffet. The desserts are great, only the tiramisu was a bit of a disappointment. The staff seems nice. The furniture is like in a cafeteria, but nice. The price is reasonable, not cheap, but ok.

Cheap and filling, but not the best in the city. - Edit

______________________________________
Original review: This is a large restaurant with plenty of seating and simple but nice decor in a very central location - though my husband and I got lost the first time we looked for it; it's the Náměstí Republiky end of the street, furthest from the main train station. The self-service buffet is open at lunchtime, and is completely vegan, whilst a menu of mains and raw desserts is available all day. I am always wary of places that charge by weight, as it is easy to over-spend but this chain does offer very good value for money - 22 CZK per 100g, dropping to 19 per 100g for the last hour of the buffet. After one plateful I was completely full from trying a little of everything, which ranges from breaded vegetables to spring rolls to tofu stir fry to salad, though I must admit that the food was not particularly flavourful and was quite cold despite it being neither being raw cuisine or near to the end of serving time. I would return to this place as it is convenient, filling and cheap, but whilst it's atmosphere is more lively, with regards to food it does lack something in comparison to the nearby Vegan City Fast Food which has a similar menu.

Pros: Location, Vegan, Price

Cons: Quality of food

2 Responses

Amy1274 EDIT post restaurant relocation: quality has improved and the atmosphere is nicer. The new premises are larger and the seating areas are further from the kitchen and buffet, meaning that it is quieter overall. The buffet includes a variety of dishes from salads to battered vegetables, omelettes and noodles, and there is generally less fake-meat than at the previous location. Soup (30 korun) and cakes (around 55 korun) cost extra. Basically it's a welcoming place for reliable, tasty, good-value fare.

Delicious - Edit

We came here for dinner service as well as the lunch buffet. Both were great.

The lunch buffet is great for a quick meal (although you might want to get there a little before noon to beat the rush). They have a huge variety of dishes to choose from, and you can sample a bit of everything since they charge by weight. I loved everything that I had.

For dinner, I had a "schnitzel" dish with potatoes, oyster mushrooms, and cream sauce. It was fantastic. The whole dish was very soulful and hearty, and it left me feeling very satisfied.

Pros: Variety, Interesting dishes

Modestly satisfying - Edit

Don't order their sushi, please. It's awful. Otherwise you get inexpensive satisfying food. Don't expect too much. The people there are nice and at least trying.

Pros: inexpensive, nice staff

Cons: worst sushi ever!, diner atmosphere

Great Restaurant, tasty food and also a shop - Edit

We had tried this restaurant two times in our stay in Prag cos it was very close to our hotel.. always great food and tasty meals for us.
In the main entrance is also a shop for vegan take away items like musli bars etc.
We would love to have such a good vegan restaurant and shop in our hometown..

Pros: Tasty Food, Low price, Shop nearby

cheap, quick, good, spacious - Edit

this loving hut is located near the bus terminal and metro station florenc.
they offer buffet and á la carte, we chose buffet. the food is as expected, some mock meat, some vegetable dishes, rice, salad.
it is very (!) cheap and the seating with view on the street is nicer and cleaner than some other loving huts i've been to.
can easily host groups!
there is also a vegan store in the building.

Pros: cheap, nice food, all vegan

Cons: nothing special

Nice buffet options - Edit

I've visited this place a few times already and the experience has never been the same. The location is pretty fine, 5 minutes walk from the closest underground station, close to the city centre. There's a nice street view from the restaurant, the interior has a clean, cozy feeling.

First time I arrived on Saturday around 2:30 pm and the kitchen staff was having a lunch break, so it wasn't possible to order anything from the menu but soup. The waiters weren't very attentive as well because they were having the lunch break as well. The Pho soup was good, but the overall feeling of the place was awkward.

During my second visit on Monday evening the meal from the menu was average, I was expecting a bit more for the price, and when I wanted to order a dessert, there was just 1 option, the rest was sold out. The staff was nice though.

On my third visit on Wednesday I decided to skip the restaurant menu and go for buffet. The food was delicious and a good value for the money. The desserts have been ressuplied so I was leaving the place sated and feeling satisfied. The same applied for my fourth visit.

In conclusion, I'll be coming back but for the buffet, not for the restaurant menu.

Pros: Location, Good value for buffet, Friendly staff

Nice stuff, nice food - Edit

There is no need to write an article about LH restaurants, the food is nearly always the same, always tasty (IMHO).
The stuff in this one is really friendly, usually polite young people. I did not like interior so much, it was to spacious, but I sat next to the window so I was watching the rush on the street during eating.
Edit: Beijing speciality is as delicious as I expected! :D

Pros: Sit near the window, still the same quality of food

very poor loving hut.. - Edit

I love loving hut. I've been to a few and I have enjoyed the foods. The mock meats and the variety of choice.

The general canteen style doesn't bother me. As long as the quality of the good is good and staff efficient.

I have to say this by far the worst loving hut I have visited.... So bad I pledged and created this my first review.

I visited 2 times.. First time I was part of a large group of 8 people. We were refused as it was 19:30 & they closed at 20:00...

I thought this was both bad for image and there business... The location is not so near the centre of Prague.. The building and the interior is very new... They have a lot of space and tables available...

So I returned the next day at 17:00... The place was empty.. One other person eating in a place that can seat about 75.

The food was very disappointing..
I like the canteen approach normally as it gives lots of choice. No waiting and can be very fresh with a high turn over..

This loving hut was awful... Not much choice.. The hot choices were both cold.. Which I don't mind.. But also clearly had been there all day... This is clearly a big issue for food hygiene.. Keeping food at a temperature that bacteria would love..

The salad options bowls were mainly empty. Not even refilled or removed.. Just left overs in bowls...

The staff were many, but not actually doing anything. And as I say the night before we were refused entry. This is clearly a bad business choice for a loving hut that is clearly not attracting customers to turn away 8 customers because the staff are more concerned about leaving work..

Very bad customer experience.
The next day I got a bad stomach from this food..

I've never got ill from other loving huts.. As other loving huts have a high turn over of the food as they are popular and the food doesn't sit there all day.

I would avoid this loving hut at all costs..
I got a bad feeling about it and the food is also very bad even compared to other loving huts in Prague..

Go to another loving hut in Prague and get a better choice in food. More hygienic food. Fresher food. Healthier food and no bad stomach the next day....

Avoid this new loving hut that clearly does not love its customers..

Remarkable - Edit

I've attended this affiliate for more than 5 times.
It is spaceous and cosy. It was never noisy in there.
The stuff is friendly, once they consulted me about ingredients and even recipe.
Food is delicious; there is a rich plethora of options.
Loving Hut is worth visiting, for sure.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 03, 2015

Cheap, yum, GREAT service - Edit

I was AMAZED at the service here! Usually Loving Huts are pretty standard but we had a waiter who just seemed so excited to serve us and this (along with the great food) made this the best Loving Hut I have been to yet.
I had the cheeseburger and it tasted all junkey and saucey: exactly what I was after ;)
The do a buffet, too, but it is worth choosing off the menu just for the service!

Pros: service

Amazing - Edit

So delicious- visited while I was backpacking around Europe. Ate the best gluten free vegan spring rolls ever, and some of the best sushi in Europe. Loved it!

Pros: Extremely helpful waitstaff

Vegan fast food - Edit

For a loving hut, this was a disappointment. When you've been to a few of these establishments, you expect a certain standards, especially from their burgers. This shack left more of an impression of a hospital cantine, the service (and the food) was fast and cheap, but there seemed to be no love behind the cooking, or the service. The atmosphere seemed dead, the cutlery was dirty, and considering all the other vegan options that exist in Prague, this would be the last place I'd recommend.

Pros: Cheap food

Cons: cantine atmosphere, hard to find

amazing vegan food, cheap! - Edit

Went to loving hut for dinner (will definitely go back for their lunch buffet though) and it was perfect!! Everything on the menu is vegan and there's so many different dishes to choose from! I had the vegan sushi, side salad and steamed vegetables! Perfect choice for HCLF vegans like me. Mum had the rice and vegetable plate which was also really great. And it was so cheap!! Just a really great experience with loads of options which works even for hclf!
Will be coming back here before I leave in a couple of days!

Pros: Everything's vegan on the menu, Suitable for hclf vegans , Cheap

Cons: not very cosy interior

Went 3 nights in a row - Edit

We loved it so much we kept coming back...my partner is a picky eater (doesn't like vegetables or noodles, loves tofu/seitan), so it was perfect for us. Probably one of the cheapest vegan places we've ever been to. We just loved everything we got. I think their menu is mostly based on MayWah frozen mock meats. My partner's favorite by far was the seitan steaks with mashed potato. On the third evening, we opted for the buffet, which had a lot to pick from, but was only warm, not hot, which was a turn off to my partner. Not too much by way of cult/religious stuff in this store, but some Ching Hai stuff was definitely for sale. They also make you sit in the back of the restaurant during dinner hours, so you can't see out on the street while you eat. Tried one of the raw cake/pie things and it was scrumptious, and I usually don't like those kinds of things.

Pros: Delicious food, Variety, Affordable

Cons: Buffet not hot, Expensive drinks, Cult

Love it! - Edit

This is just awesome. I was here twice in one day because I loved the food so much. The staff is the most service minded I have ever experienced here in Prague. They remember you and ask how your day is. You feel SO welcome! And here in Prague, that is not the norm. Service here sucks. But not in Loving Hut.

Pros: The nicest staff in the city, The best food ever, Very Nice prices

Cons: The toilet could use serious cleaning, The raw cakes taste too much coconut, Too few "real" cakes (too much raw)

Satisfying, convenient - good! - Edit

The Loving Hut folks make being a vegetarian in Prague quite easy. There isn't much variation in their daily menu but that doesn't really matter. It's sort of a keep-things-simple kind of veggie place. That's a good thing!

I work nearby so I eat here at least a couple of days a week. I love that you can get a big pile of steamed veggies and noodles, and that you don't have to get any mockmeat if you don't want it. Fresh, hot, inexpensive, good. Can't beat that.

Just a note to the wise - make sure to count your change. I've been shorted 15+ crowns more than once.

Pros: Relatively inexpensive, Convenient

Very good and affordable vegan food! - Edit

Tasty vegan, mostly Asian-style, food at affordable prices (especially during the lunchtime when there is a "pay by the weight"-type buffet). Lots of things to choose from so everyone will find something for themselves - be it fake-meats from soy and seitan, cooked veggies or just salads... Went there a few times and always left filled and satisfied. Free tap water, nice selection of non-alcoholic drinks and raw desserts. Plus a nice setting in the very center of Prague. Will surely come back.

Pros: tasty food, cheap

Cheap and tasty in Prague - Edit

The food is Chinese style mostly. There are many options, so it is a good idea to ask for info if you are not sure. I didn't do this and picked things I didn't know what they were (so good to have lunch in a vegan place! :P) but everything was taaaasty.

It is incredibly cheap, payed around 180 CZK for over 600g of tasty food. This is a self-service restaurant: you put as much food as you want and pay for the weight. One of the staff members spoke english and was very helpful, so we had no problem with language at all. Place is easy to find.

Pros: Inexpensive, Excellent food, Friendly staff

Cons: Food could have descriptions

tasty food nice staff and cheap! - Edit

ive been there already twice. central location and a great choice (also almost everything is GF!). i had a curry soup sushi some raw cakes (delicious!) and a fried rice noodles with fake soy meat and veggies. the portions and generous and the prices low. fast service and friendly. interior isnt very nice but its big and quite welcoming for a lunch. all in all i can recommend this loving hut. for both locals and tourists.

Pros: good value, big portions , big place

Cons: place isnt very nice , religious

Good, filling food. - Edit

I'm currently in Prague with The Husband. As is our way, we've made finding good vegan food our top priority.

We were pretty happy browsing the menu of Loving Hut - loads of fake meats (which we happen to be fond of, though I know it's not for everyone) served in a variety of styles.

We shared a plate of wontons between us. I had "Sweet Delight" which is some sort of fake meat (I think it's seitan-based, but I could be wrong) served with pineapple and vegetables in an orange sauce with a generous helping of rice. The Husband had breaded soya(/seitan?) steaks with the lightest, fluffiest mashed potato I've ever sampled and a big leafy salad on the side. We were both very happy with our meals, though I think next time I'll try something a little more savoury.

We shared a huge slice of cake for dessert. It was a chocolate crumb cake topped with light strawberry mousse and it really stole the show. Really, really good.

Service was quick and the portions were very generous. We found the prices to be fairly good considering it's an all-vegan establishment. It's not the most elegant food out there but it's extremely satisfying. We'll be back for more.

Pros: Generous portions, Loads of variety, Delicious cake

Gotta love the manager - Edit

Loving Hut in Truhlarska street near The Republic Square is on my way from home to my office so I go there almost every day. I've been doing this for the last couple of yours and all those delicious meals never get old. Also, the manager, a lovely young Vietnamese girl named Nhu, is always a pleasure to meet. She speaks fluent Czech, Vietnamese and English and is always ready to help you in case you get lost in the menu coz of not being able to decide what to eat. That happens a lot coz everything they have on the menu is very nice indeed.

Pros: 100% vegan, the cakes!, friendly

Cons: religious, language barrier sometimes, crowded during lunch time

Deserving of your custom - Edit

Perhaps Monday nights are the nights to stay in for the Prague locals or maybe they just have not heard about this place yet. This Loving Hut is warm and welcoming, with very pleasant, English-speaking staff and a very long and delicious-sounding menu.

The food is not cheap, but my main meal was generous and the ingredients were clearly fresh. Best of all, the food was not overly oily. The cake was not very exciting, but Asian restaurants are not meant to be serving up that sort of dessert anyway, and I felt lucky by simply having it on offer.

There are now five Loving Huts in Prague, and I wish them all the very best. Even those who are not inspired by the Supreme Master, who is the reason for this chain, must pay respect to someone who is providing nutritious and delicious vegan food all over the world.

Thank you, Loving Hut!

Pros: Atmosphere, Large portions, Taste

Cons: Price

Head to the Hut - Edit

For a cheap, filling and super tasty feed head here if you have time in Prague. Not very central but worth the walk. You could get a Metro to Florenc and walk. Lots of seating, great oriental type food and refreshing drinks in a modern well laid out environment.

Pros: tasty food, cheap

Delicious and affordable - Edit

I was in Prague on tour and had just chosen to go vegan. Our tour manager was absolutely stricken because all the catering riders had been sent out previously when I was still an omnivore. So I decided to make it may daily adventure to discover vegan places where I could have a decent lunch. In Prague I was richly rewarded. Not far from the Roxy Club where we had our concert was the Loving Hut Restaurant and I was surprised that a "meat and dumpling" city like Prague offered so many vegan options. I off course had the mock duck to sink my ex-carnivore teeth in and a mushroom soup as a starter. It was delicious. I decided to take back some fresh summer rolls back for breakfast the next day on the nightliner. Cool. Since my command of the czech language is virtually nonexistant I was happy that everyone there spoke English.

Pros: 100% vegan, okay prices, English spoken

Best Loving Hut in Prague - Edit

Always delicious and never disappointing. My favourite Loving Hut it Prague. My partner, who tried Loving Hut in Madrid, prefers this one as well. Been there many times and never got anything on my plate that would be non-fresh, bland or leave my stomach half empty. Mostly Asian dishes are served. The burger, dark veg meat with rice noodles and sesame, veg seafood with pineapple, tofu wrapped in seaweed with curry sauce are highlights of the menu for me. When you go there, sit at the back, that part of the restaurant is much nicer and you won't be "studied" by unruly passers-by ;-)

Pros: portion, taste, close to the city center

Larger than other locations but not as good - Edit

This location is in the center of Prague and easy to reach from the yellow metro line. The inside is very modern and clean. Unlike the other Ching Hai restaurants, this one will not allow you to order off of the menu during lunch; you must use the self-serve buffet. The choices were very limited and several were empty. The faux beef dish was extremely salty.
Even though it was well past 1pm, there was a very long line of young people so most of the tables were filled. The staff were helpful and spoke English.
We recommend the Londynska location even though it is not in the town center.

Pros: no smoking, vegan

Cons: buffet only at lunch, not very tasty, very crowded

Nice and filling - Edit

Had lunch in LH and went home satisfied :) The dishes were fresh, delicious and filling. Self service means you can choose your favourites and eat a lot :D The place was immaculate, staff friendly and english-speaking.

Pros: good food, clean restaurant, friendly staff

Cons: closed on Sundays

Amazing - Edit

The food is outstanding and cheap. It's less than a mile walk from the old town so nice and handy. Free water on tap and pay by weight on the buffet.

Pros: Cheap, Eat is much or as little as you like, Free water

Cons: None, apart from it's not in glasgow

In love! - Edit

An amazing selection, mostly Asian but some Western style dishes too, and amazing food! I wish I lived near a Loving Hut!
(The only, minor problem I had was the stuff about saving the planet on the wall, then you go into the toilet and they have paper toilet seat covers, a completely wasteful and unnecessary product, in my opinion.)

So happy to find this place - Edit

I went on holidays to Praha for a couple of days and I was really disppointed by the food we could find in town even if it was just some fallafel in center.
So when for our last diner , we met a lot of friend at Loving Hut , it was such a joy to spend almost 2 hours , tasting appetizers, drinks , dishes and even desserts.
We were a big group ( almost 15 people) and I found the waitress really nice , patient and always smilly .

The food was looking good in the menu and i was hard to decide so we almost all took different stuffs and we were sharing a fork of this against a spoon of that .

My best souvenir is the pinapple creamy cake which was one of the best vegan cake I ever ate .

When the bill came , it was a nice suprise to see that a drink , appetizer , a dish and a dessert cost me 12 euros .

We had a really good time , just sad that they are closing at 21h and so we couldn t stay for the evening there .
5 cows for this great place :)))

Pros: lots of choices , tasty and healthy, unexpensive

Cons: closing at 21h

Heavy on the meat subs - Edit

I popped my Loving Hut cherry in Brighton this summer and on a recent trip to Prague I couldn't resist going back. It's located approximately a 10 minute walk from the Astronomical Clock area.

It was really busy at lunchtime when we arrived, but there are plenty of tables and because it also does takeaway boxes, it didn't end up too crowded.

The food is pay by weight, alternatively you can order set dishes from the board. The one thing I don't like about the Loving Huts is their over-reliance on meat substitutes. My food was good but my meat-eating other half had to finish my meat-sub patty because it was just *too* meaty and heavy. Each to their own :)

Probably the best thing was the selection of vegan puddings. They had banana chocolate cake and some sort of vanilla sponge with soya cream. I didn't feel left out in a city where meat is practically a way of life!

Overall, I like Loving Huts, and they're usually in cities where it's hard to find other vegan restaurants, but I couldn't eat here every day.

Pros: Well known chain, 100% vegan, English-speaking staff

Cons: Heavy meat subs, A little expensive

JOY and HAPPINESS found @ Loving Hut! - Edit

i finally got to Loving Hut this past week. though it exists in toronto, my home-town, i'd never heard of it before seeing its listing here on happycow.net for prague. i am soooooooo happy to have finally made it there. the atmosphere is SO wonderful - clean, calm, peaceful and positive. and the food is AMAZING. the most affordable veg. meal in all of praha (much cheaper than country life or veggie dhaba) and the people that work there are very pleasant. the first time i went there was just after 4 pm, and it was just me and a few other people. i had some of the buffet food before it was put away.
but the second time i went, two days ago, it was happily packed @ lunch-time. i was there around 1:30 and there was a constant stream of hungry customers. my meal was amazing - rice, eggplant in black bean sauce, an array of cooked green veggies, and some salad. i even took some food to-go to eat for dinner later on. i basically plan to eat there every day if i can....it's so peaceful - and positive. and very affordable. thank you LOVING HUT!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Pros: amazing food, peaceful, positive atmosphere, very affordable

Cons: not open sundays

Nice variety - Edit

The restaurant had a large variety of vegan choices. Most were Asian but there were some other ethinic choices. The atmosphere was clean and boring. We had a waiter who spoke some English. The menu was in English, which was helpful. The food wasn't outstanding but good enough. We ate here twice. One night I had an Asian dish, which was pretty boring. I had to add losts of soy sauce. The second night I had the "schnitzel," which was pretty tasty. So I think the meals were hit and miss. We had tasty tofu appetizer. It was open late (later than other vegan restaurants in the area), so that was good. It was conveniently located. All in all, it wasn't the most fantastic place but it was good enough.

Pros: large variety, English menu, clean

Cons: sterile atmosphere

You can always rely on LH for good food. - Edit

I had a horrible dining experience in Prague, so much so that I gave up on the veggie restaurants and opted to eat fries and salads at random other places. I later found Loving Hut and knew that I would have a decent meal. Generally I go for the western stuff on the menu, but this time I decided to try the Pho. The Pho was really good; it was a huge soup with lots of rice noodles and veggie meats. I also decided to order some mashed potatoes (in case the Pho wasn't good) and thought they were pretty tasty too. Overall LH has never failed me, be sure to check them out.

Wonderful! - Edit

When staying in Prague, I ate here almost every day (twice in one day!). The food was delicious Asian style fair. It was not traditional Buddhist, because dishes did include leeks and onion, but everything on the menu was vegan and well prepared. My meat eater travel companion loved this place as well and we were both thankful to be staying so close to it.

Pros: great food, affordable, excellent service

Cons: none

Great vegan option - Edit

Went here for lunch last week and hadn't booked. We managed to get a table but some others behind us had to wait or were turned away because it was too busy - great news for getting them to open a second branch! After 1pm it quietened down a lot so presume it was work day lunch rush. We'd been to the San Francisco branch before so knew what to expect - this branch is actually better though as you haven't got the Supreme Master strange stuff blaring out of the TV (for those who don't know the Supreme Master is an Asian woman promoting veggie lifestyles across the world, however, her message is, at best, poorly delivered and it does appear she wants to gather lots of followers in some strange mock-religion type style. She promotes vegan lifestyle (fine) but doesn't back up with good scientific knowledge - and then flies around the world spreading her message, hardly good for the environment. Anyway have a look at some of the "claims" she makes in the literature around the restaurant whilst you're waiting for your food and judge for yourself!!)

Anyway enough of that - the food is great, hot, large portions (we only had a main each as it was lunch) but wouldn't say overly healthy as it was mock meat and white rice or white noodles. With a Diet Coke! No complaints from me but wasn't balanced with many vegetables and would have preferred wholegrains for the carbs. So treat it as a vegan treat and yummy if you miss crispy duck from your carnivore days. Very reasonable prices and great atmosphere in there - highly recomended for lunch, and there are some tables outside. Service charge is included on the bill (i think it was 10%). Bit of a walk from the old town square but worth finding for vegans as you can have everything on the menu - vary rare indeed!

Pros: large portions, cheap, great meat substitutes

Cons: dubious religious connotations, bit of a walk from centre, prob need to book a table

Nice restaurant - Edit

I went here for dinner. There weren't many people inside. This is probably good if you want a quiet place. The menu is similar to the one of Veg restaurant in Prague. Only Asian food. If you don't like this kind of food don't go there. Vegetarian sushi is tasty and the faux meat is good. I thought it was a self-service kind of restaurant but at least during dinner it is not. Everything in the menu is vegan. They don't serve alcohol. Water is free and they don't accept tips. No smoke allowed inside.

Pros: vegan only, clean, cheap

Cons: only asian food

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Na Porici closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8958 times since Nov 2009.