Loving Hut - Na Porici

Na Porici 25 (at near Biskupska corner), Prague, Czech Republic,

Chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Varied menu includes noodles, rice, faux meat dishes, tofu, pasta, soup. Moved here in 2015 from Truhlarska 20. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Tullio

One of the best! - Edit

This is the second time I went to Loving Hut and as before the experience was great. They have very nice and spacious premises and the overall atmosphere was quite calm for such a big place. Most of the food I´ve tried ( and I had 800 grams :D ) was really delicious with one or two exceptions, but nothing serious. Excellent spring rolls, yummy deep-fried califlower, and almost disturbingly truthful mock prawns. And the desserts! Tiramisu missesed some coffee in it but Marlenka was amazing. I couldn´t beleive it was vegan.
When I´m in Prague I´ll always visit this place!

Pros: delicious food and desserts, cosy and spacious interior, wide selection

Nice meal - Edit

Part of a vegan market with a shop and coffee shop downstairs. Offers a buffet but went for the menu and had a good value and pleasant meal. Main came out before we'd finished starters which was a bit of a no no, but service was friendly and efficient.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly service, English menu

Cons: Felt slightly rushed

Vietnamese buffet with amazing cakes - Edit

The food is good, but the best, in my opinion, are the cakes.

A lot of variety. Though if you go there everyday, it feels like they have more or less the same things.

I strongly recommend the meatballs. It is a shame that they don't have them more often.

If you don't want the food from the buffet, you can always order from the menu.

Pros: Cakes, Price, Opening hours

Cons: Menu does not change much

Would visit again - Edit

You can order from menu or just go to buffet section and pick what you want for price/grams. Delicious food, very friendly staff, spacy restaurant but at the same time very cozy. They also have drink bar, you can order young coconut... It was heaven. Good prices too. We ate dinner there and then even took some food with us to train - it's great you can take out.

Pros: food, price, staff

Cheap, tasty, and relaxing - Edit

As I was in Florenc, I saw this Loving Hut. I've saw it on Happy Cow already, but to my surprise, this had been renovated. Now, there is a beautiful vegan complex here, with a vegan shop (the person here is very nice), a coffee shop (smoothies, lattes etc, all vegan), one vegan buffet and one vegan restaurant, totalizing two floors.

I've chosen the vegan buffet. It's quite cheap: 25CZK for 100 grams. You put the food on the plate yourself, and I was surprised about it being so good quality and great tasting for a buffer. Textured Vegetable Protein, veggies, vegan rolls, you have it all. I've had a huge plate for less than 4 euros.

Pros: Nice ambiance, relaxing, The staff was nice, Cheap, great tasting, and very filling

Cons: Not sure if there is any !

Not Usually My First - Edit

I have eaten at many Loving Huts and they are rarely my first choice for a restaurant. However, the food at this restaurant was great. Buffet with lots of choice and taste. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. We managed to get seats by the window and it was pleasant to view the street from 2 floors up.

Pros: 1. Good food, 2. Positive staff and atmosphere, 3. Not expensive

Cons: 1. No alcohol

definitelly my #1 - Edit

After only one visit. This place is definitelly my number 1 favourite restaurant. It is in the style of a buffet, where you plate what you like and pay for weight.
The food is amazing and really cheap as well. You can also get water for free.
The building has a wonderfull view and also holds a fully vegan store and vegan desserts + icecream.

Pros: cheap, all vegan , great food

wow! no worlds - Edit

this was amazing. a great place where you don't have to think about if the dish has any milk or eggs. and the wrap was delicious!

Lots of food and space - Edit

I really like this Loving Hut. It has a big assortment of dishes, offers vegan sweets and drinks. Black lentis salad here is the tastiest thing ever happened to lentis.

There's rather big assortment of cakes, including peanut cake with amazingly smooth peanut butter cream and crunchy peanut dough, some cheesecakes, chocolate cake with lots of cream and bananas and so on. Loved tiramisu even through it was a bit dry. Good tasting ice tea.

Staff are friendly and speak english. On the floor below there's also really nice vegan shop.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-20

Pros: Lots of space, Tasty food, Sweets

Great food, delicious desserts - Edit

The food here is always good and there are various options to choose from, but only rarely there is some new meal in the buffet. The desserts are great, only the tiramisu was a bit of a disappointment. The staff seems nice. The furniture is like in a cafeteria, but nice. The price is reasonable, not cheap, but ok.

Cheap and filling, but not the best in the city. - Edit

______________________________________
Original review: This is a large restaurant with plenty of seating and simple but nice decor in a very central location - though my husband and I got lost the first time we looked for it; it's the Náměstí Republiky end of the street, furthest from the main train station. The self-service buffet is open at lunchtime, and is completely vegan, whilst a menu of mains and raw desserts is available all day. I am always wary of places that charge by weight, as it is easy to over-spend but this chain does offer very good value for money - 22 CZK per 100g, dropping to 19 per 100g for the last hour of the buffet. After one plateful I was completely full from trying a little of everything, which ranges from breaded vegetables to spring rolls to tofu stir fry to salad, though I must admit that the food was not particularly flavourful and was quite cold despite it being neither being raw cuisine or near to the end of serving time. I would return to this place as it is convenient, filling and cheap, but whilst it's atmosphere is more lively, with regards to food it does lack something in comparison to the nearby Vegan City Fast Food which has a similar menu.

Pros: Location, Vegan, Price

Cons: Quality of food

2 Responses

Amy1274 27 Jun 2016 - EDIT post restaurant relocation: quality has improved and the atmosphere is nicer. The new premises are larger and the seating areas are further from the kitchen and buffet, meaning that it is quieter overall. The buffet includes a variety of dishes from salads to battered vegetables, omelettes and noodles, and there is generally less fake-meat than at the previous location. Soup (30 korun) and cakes (around 55 korun) cost extra. Basically it's a welcoming place for reliable, tasty, good-value fare.

Delicious - Edit

We came here for dinner service as well as the lunch buffet. Both were great.

The lunch buffet is great for a quick meal (although you might want to get there a little before noon to beat the rush). They have a huge variety of dishes to choose from, and you can sample a bit of everything since they charge by weight. I loved everything that I had.

For dinner, I had a "schnitzel" dish with potatoes, oyster mushrooms, and cream sauce. It was fantastic. The whole dish was very soulful and hearty, and it left me feeling very satisfied.

Pros: Variety, Interesting dishes

Loved it - Edit

Really enjoyed lunch here, just what was needed and a really reasonable price. Bright, spacious and clean too.

Modestly satisfying - Edit

Don't order their sushi, please. It's awful. Otherwise you get inexpensive satisfying food. Don't expect too much. The people there are nice and at least trying.

Pros: inexpensive, nice staff

Cons: worst sushi ever!, diner atmosphere

Visited multiple times - Edit

Lots of options, a bit confusing setup with buffet or a la carte.

Great Restaurant, tasty food and also a shop - Edit

We had tried this restaurant two times in our stay in Prag cos it was very close to our hotel.. always great food and tasty meals for us.
In the main entrance is also a shop for vegan take away items like musli bars etc.
We would love to have such a good vegan restaurant and shop in our hometown..

Pros: Tasty Food, Low price, Shop nearby

cheap, quick, good, spacious - Edit

this loving hut is located near the bus terminal and metro station florenc.
they offer buffet and á la carte, we chose buffet. the food is as expected, some mock meat, some vegetable dishes, rice, salad.
it is very (!) cheap and the seating with view on the street is nicer and cleaner than some other loving huts i've been to.
can easily host groups!
there is also a vegan store in the building.

Pros: cheap, nice food, all vegan

Cons: nothing special

Nice buffet options - Edit

I've visited this place a few times already and the experience has never been the same. The location is pretty fine, 5 minutes walk from the closest underground station, close to the city centre. There's a nice street view from the restaurant, the interior has a clean, cozy feeling.

First time I arrived on Saturday around 2:30 pm and the kitchen staff was having a lunch break, so it wasn't possible to order anything from the menu but soup. The waiters weren't very attentive as well because they were having the lunch break as well. The Pho soup was good, but the overall feeling of the place was awkward.

During my second visit on Monday evening the meal from the menu was average, I was expecting a bit more for the price, and when I wanted to order a dessert, there was just 1 option, the rest was sold out. The staff was nice though.

On my third visit on Wednesday I decided to skip the restaurant menu and go for buffet. The food was delicious and a good value for the money. The desserts have been ressuplied so I was leaving the place sated and feeling satisfied. The same applied for my fourth visit.

In conclusion, I'll be coming back but for the buffet, not for the restaurant menu.

Pros: Location, Good value for buffet, Friendly staff

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Na Porici closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.