Loving Hut - Pittsburgh

Contact 412-787-2727

5474 Campbells Run Rd (at Stuebenville Pike), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15205

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan dessert. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by DC Vegan

In LOVE With Loving Hut - Edit

Loving Hut Pittsburgh is one of 120 family owned all-vegan restaurants that span the United States and beyond.

The primary goal of Loving Hut is to share the vegan diet in multi-faceted forms and flavors, showing the masses that plant-based food is a deep and fulfilling culinary experience.

ecoRDN breaks down of some of the amazing foods we had during our visit to the epic Saturday Buffet!

Lucky Lemongrass: a plant-based take on the Vietnamese dish with thin coins of breaded deep-fried soy protein seasoned with lemongrass! Crispy crunchy citrusy awesome.

Lucky Lo Mein: total Umami bomb! Taste the seasoned wok. Wheat noodles and carrot simply stirred to perfection. Take a wok on the wild side.

Kung Pao Tofu: without peanuts the Kung Pao is similar to General Tso’s. Sweet and mildly spicy.

Pittsburgh Charm: sautéed pepper meaty-balls with fried onion, a warming comfort quality like vegan salisbury steak.

Crispy Tofu: holy cheese-like angelic perfection. These breaded deep fried planks took on the flavor and texture of deep fried cheese. Provolone sticks! ecoRDN racked their brains to crack the code, an herby ranch-like seasoning in the breading coupled with the softness of the tofu then deep fried turned these morsels into a golden comfort of carnival delight.

Fabulous Mongolian: a vegan take on Mongolian Steak, ecoRDN went bonkers over this selection. Sautéed strips of seitan and onion in a lush brown gravy bursting with a bouquet of 5-Spice awesomeness. The melange of star-anise, cloves, cinnamon, pepper and fennel provide a rocket of umami flavor to shoot mouths to the gastronomical moon.

Guru Curry: spicy coconut and potato green curry, mellow honest flavors. A humble, soulful curry that walks softly but packs a piquant punch.

The Creamy Broccoli made ecoRDN‘s head spin and mouth water, simply the best broccoli soup ever! A deep buttery flavor helped make this luscious, creamy soup into a perfect bowl of fresh amazing, forever. Who knew broccoli soup could be so inspiring?

Pandan cake: a brand-new treat! Pandan has its origins in Malaysia and Indonesia. Traditionally flavored with Pandanus amaryllifolius leaves which share the smooth flavor of coconut and mildly biting citrus. The chlorophyl from the leaves give the cake it’s distinctive green color traditionally, but it’s not uncommon for cake makers to use food coloring to pop the intense green tone.

ecoRDN.com

Pros: All-Vegan, All-Vegan Saturday Buffet, (See 1 & 2)

delicious - Edit

The food is simply delicious, you should really try the childcare cake (of course everything is vegan), the cake was fluffy and creamy! The soy chicken was sweet and spicy, well cooked and completed with brown rice, just great. Also the crispy rolls were perfectly flavored. The personnel is really nice. My boyfriend tried the pasta and it was very good too.

Make this your first stop - Edit

Landing in Pittsburgh after 9 hours of flying, I was famished. I immediately searched for nearby vegetarian restaurants and was pleased to find the Loving Hut only minutes away. Score! Everything I had was absolutely delicious...I think my server, who was very friendly and attentive, was amazed at how much I ate. Unlike some of the other reviewers here, I'm a big fan of fake meats, so I really appreciated those options. There was only one other couple who came in while I was there, so I sure hope they're able to stay in business -- this place is a keeper. This will always be my first stop in Pittsburgh. Highly recommended!

Pros: Excellent food, Good-sized portions, Near the airport

Cons: Needs better signage

MUST GO in Pittsburgh - Edit

I really loved this place in Pittsburgh. Huge variety of food. Check the details. If you love any kind of asian food or a burger, please visit them. It was surprising and nice to find such a warm clean place to eat in Pittsburgh! All vegan! I loved the won ton with noodles, spring rolls and pho.

Pros: all vegan, really nice people, super clean

Great vegan gourmet food - Edit

I am not a gourmet but there are so many subtle flavors and textures in the food at this restaurant that I feel I must spread the word. I like buffets and their all-you-can-eat $15 buffet on Saturdays is remarkable. It is clean and well-maintained. I don't know how it survives in the suburbs and I wish it were in the City, but I'm pleased it's there at all and I encourage Pittsburgh vegetarians to patronize it.

Pros: Excellent food, Beautiful and clean

My favorite! - Edit

This has to be my favorite vegan restaurant of all! The place is cute with a lot of motivational quotes on the wall and pictures of famous vegans. Everything I've ever had has been delicious and tastes authentic. They even have desserts (score!) And, to top it off, they have a buffet every Saturday, which I always leave overly-bloated but highly satisfied (a vegan's paradise!) It's so nice to go somewhere where every single menu item is vegan.

Pros: Vegan's paradise buffet, Dessert, All vegan

Cons: Somewhat pricey

Absolutely Delicious! - Edit

I went for the Saturday buffet (not knowing that they had a Saturday buffet) and it was amazing! Food was very tasty while not being too greasy/oily. Buffet was replete with, rice, noodles, soups, a variety of delicious faux meats, differently prepared tofu, and a good selection of fruit. It's a Pittsburgh must-go and is a place that both vegans and omnivores would enjoy!

Pros: Very friendly staff, Super Clean, Delicious food and a good variety of it

Cons: Buffet a bit pricey..worth it, though

All Vegan! - Edit

If you like Vietnamese food then this is the place to go. They do have some other food like burgers and everything is vegan. Get that green cake. It's yum.

Pros: Large Selection, Friendly Staff, Lots Of Clean Dining Space

Cons: Maybe A Little Pricey

Great Restaurant! - Edit

I can't believe there are no reviews for this restaurant. My 1st visit. Staff very friendly. I had Guru Curry. Just wonderful. Prices very reasonable. Will return again the next time I am in Pittsburgh.

Pros: great food, good prices, friendly staff

Cons: none

Nice Hidden Surprise - Edit

Let me begin by saying that it is located well outside of the city of Pittsburgh. In fact, it is not far from the Pittsburgh International Airport.

Early last month, I dined with a friend of mine. We shared spring rolls, a salad, a lo mien dish and a barbecued seitan dish. For dessert, we shared a very decadent choclate cake and with specialty coffees. Our food was served hot, and it was delicious. The service was attentive and very educating.

From what I learned, the Loving Hut is a chain restaurant and is found in many diiferent places in the US and abraod. The ambience was Zen-like and I initially thought that the owner was Buddhist, but the philosophical/religious overtones of the framed quotations on the wall was more of a fusion between Buddhism and Christianity. The "founder" is Ching Hai, a Twainese guru spritiual leader and business woman.

Pros: extensive menu, good food, inexpensive

Cons: outside of the city

Love to Love the Loving Hut! - Edit

Really cute place with friendly staff who recommended great dishes. I had International Soup, which was really velvety and delicious. But I ate half of my sister's burger, which was out of this world....
Too bad about the out of the way location, I hope this place does well! It's the only vegan restaurant in town.

Pros: healthy, friendly place, Awesome food

Cons: remote location

A Vegan's Dream - Edit

As everyone else has stated, this restaurant is a vegan's delight and happens to be on OUR side of town though, unfortunately, our current financial situation will not allow us to get here as often as we would like. We, too, are worried that slow business may close this place, as it is definitely off the beaten path and patronship shows this. Crossing my fingers that they will stay afloat because they're the best game in town for vegans -- and their food is great!

Small complaint: The oil used to fry my "shrimp" seemed like it may have been used a few times too many (though I finished every morsel on my plate). Also, the cheesecake was a bit TOO creamy for my preference but still tasted good.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Fantastic! Only all vegan place in Pittsburgh - Edit

We love their food and the care with which they prepare it. Never had anything that was not fantastic. Try their rasberry cheesecake. Unfortunately they are not in the city which is the only drawback and makes me a little concerened if they have enought guests out there. So let's support our only all cegan place in the Pittsburgh area!

Pros: very good food, best fake meat, wonderful deserts

Cons: location

Loving Hut Pittsburgh - Edit

Possibly the only fully vegan restaurant in Pittsburgh, this Loving Hut (LH) does not disappoint. Although it appears to be in the middle of nowhere, it's located near a mall and the airport, so there are things to do after your meal if you so desire. I can vouch for the Pho, its great - but I can always do with less faux meats. The atmosphere is the same as all of the other LH's. I definitely recommend this LH if you're in the area.

LOVING the LOVING HUT! - Edit

This is a fabulous all-vegan restaurant. It's amazing how rare it is to be able to eat everything on the menu. It was slightly overwhelming at first!

We got the fresh rolls for a starter - fabulous.
I got the orange crispy tofu and it was unbelievable. My husband got a veggie lo mein dish and it was also to die for.

Having vegan dessert options was even more of a treat, so I splurged with the cherry cheesecake and was THRILLED!

Definitely going to make a habit of supporting the Loving Hut.

Pros: All Vegan, Healthy cuisine, Inexpensive

Cons: No wine nor BYOB

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Pittsburgh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.