Loving Hut - Fredenborgsveien

• Vegan
Contact +47-22202040

Fredenborgsveien 29, Oslo, Norway, 0177

Asian vegan fast food cafe that's part of the international chain of restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages. has vegan dog food for those who bring their dogs. Originally at Parkveien 6.a which had shut in 2013 and re-opened at here Jan 2014.

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by ItalianChick

Killer Asian food. - Edit

I ate at their other Oslo location last night and was impressed. The menu is larger here and available in English. I had #31 which is Eggplant and Tofu. So tasty.

Pros: All vegan., English menu., Delicious!

Cons: Oslo prices., No alcohol.

Delicious fast food - Edit

The place is just like a typical "kebab shop" in Oslo, with a counter and some bar chairs along two walls. The staff was a really nice vietnamese man and another woman in the kitchen. We were craving fast food so we went with the small burger, the BBQ pizza and a kebab.

They had put broccoli in the kebab which was a nice touch. On the pizza they had artichokes and olives and the cheese tasted very good though the consistency was a bit "gluey". The burger patty tasted not so "burgery", but rather exotic. It came with lettuce and tomato, nothing special.

The food was really nice and with interesting spices, next time I definitely want to try out some of the noodle soups and fried rice dishes, as I am sure they would be even more delicious. They also have vegan sushi which I haven't tried yet. The menu is large and comes with pictures which is really good for reference. Only thing I would like is if they could get a bigger place and have more of a restaurant setting.

Pros: Good value for money, Big menu, Friendly staff

Cons: Place feels like a fast food joint

extensive menu - Edit

We ate here having left the queue for the vegan Christmas market which was too long. I had the tofu whilst my partner had the burger. Both were tasty. There is limited seating. They had a book that contained photos of each dish which was handy as I don't speak any Norwegian.

Tasty food for good price - Edit

This is a very small vegan cafe with take away option.
We took 2 big burgers with fried potato, noodles with seitan and ice cream. Everything was tasty!
It's better to say staff the number of dish in menu (the all dishes are numbered) to make it clear what you want.

Pros: big portions, tasty food, good price

Boring substitutes of meat - Edit

I can't stand a vegan restaurant when the names on the menu are like "vegan chicken", "vegan beef", "vegan pork", "vegan fish"... Vegan food is beautiful and tasty, I don't like to have anything that resembles a meaty dish.
Since I was already there, and it's a bit difficult to find vegan food at oslo, I had a dish with tofu, wich was ok, but not that good.

Pros: friendly staff, all vegan

Cons: fake meat on almost every dish

I can recommend this place! - Edit

Friendly faces, good service and one of the best burgers in Oslo!

The raw spaghetti dish is a bit weird, but the rest is quite good. The raw lasagne is delicious!

One of my favourite place to eat out in Oslo.

Cons: Good to fantastic food, Friendly , They sell Nocciolato!!!

Just Right! - Edit

Standard Loving Hut fare. Definitely good for return visits. Chinese food - fried rice, noodles, etc., with tofu or fake meat.

The tofu / avocado maki is fantastic!

Vegan ice cream. All around great resource.

Pros: good food, tofu, tofu / avocado sushi

Cons: not that cheap

Very good!!!! - Edit

Ordered some crispy, deep fried tempura tofu (Nr.24)
Best vegan meal I've ever had!
Go for it everybody - buy it - and not a shabby price either. But most of all - the owner is a real cutie, he has genuine hospitality, good service and passion for veganism and how it affects the world and shares freely with a huge smile!

Only four-five barstools in a sweaty little kitchen to eat in, so if not caught up in a deep chat - eat outside.
This little gem makes food with restaurant quality for (norwegian!) street-food prices.

Would have given every score possible if location was a bit better, and if there were more places to sit and eat
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 24, 2014

Pros: Excellent food! Nice prices!, Very nice, friendly staff!, Quick serving.

Cons: All the way up in Fredensborgveien, Little space for eating at the diner

The best meal out I ate in Oslo - Edit

I came here one evening during my recent trip to Oslo, and it was far and away the best meal that I ate out while I was there. I had the crispy tofu with lemon on salad leaves with rice, and it was totally delicious, a good sized serving and very filling! It was also very good value for Oslo, which is a very expensive city to eat out in.

Pros: Delicious all-vegan food, Good sized servings, Friendly, helpful staff

Cons: Take-away place with limited seating

Great place in Oslo, very friendly! - Edit

Went to the Loving Hut - Fredensborgsveien after hearing much about it. This place must have Oslo´s cheapest vegan sushi - I bought an eight piece avocado maki for only 39NOK.

The staff is very friendly and food came fast. This is a great vegan take-away place, but does have a few places to sit inside (maybe room for eight persons at the same time). The menu consist of a great deal of things from sushi to curries. Check out their website www.veganlovinghut.no
I hope vegans continue supporting this place as it is one of two Loving Hut cafes in Oslo.

Pros: Food and service, Inexpensive, Food came very fast.

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Fredenborgsveien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8011 times since Jul 2010.