Loving Hut

407-894-5673

2101 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32803

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan dessert. Sunday is buffet. Conducts free vegan cooking classes. Open Mon 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wed 11:00am-3:00pm, Wed 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 3:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Buffet, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by Radient Love

Loving Hut - Edit

The food is good at Loving Hut, Orlando..BUT...they stopped doing Buffet two years ago.

Pros: Food was excellent

Cons: No matter wNo matter what the advertising here say

great place - Edit

I'm so happy to have found this place! I love Asian food and I'm just glad to have a new place that is 100% vegan and not have to worry about anything! I got bun hue which is a spicy noodle soup, it's pretty spicy. So if you like a level 4 out of 5 I would get it. Overall the service is great and the place is pretty easy to find.

Overall super yummy! - Edit

My husband and I stopped by here because we had just flown in and had to drive all the way to Sebring Florida. So we grabbed a dinner since it is nice to have an all vegan menu. We had a hard time picking the food since there were so many different dishes. We started with the Happy Half Moon wontons, which I would say were the best wontons I had in a very long time (vegan or otherwise)

For the main dishes we got the King Spice Cha Cha and Lemongrass Noodles. We loved both dishes and we stuffed by the end of the dinner. We also grabbed the avocado shake and rose cappuccino. I found the avocado shake a little light on flavor, and the rose cappuccino was a little too sweet. But overall everything we yummy.

I would love to come back. The service was slow but our server was super sweet and loved talking to the customers.

Pros: Great food, Excellent servers

Cons: Slow service, Annoying Ching Hai videos playing

Good Asian cuisine. - Edit

I didn't really like what I ordered, but loved what my boyfriend got! We enjoyed the meal but aren't in a super rush to go back. Place is clean and staff is friendly.

Great place! - Edit

The food was very tasty and filling. Service was good. Don't miss the shakes, they are excellent.

Great service, amazing variety of Vegan dishes! - Edit

The service is really excellent, the food very good and the variety of Vegan dishes is outstanding. Very recommended restaurant.

Pros: Huge variety of Vegan dishes (the place is 100% Ve, The service is excellent and very caring, Inexpensive

Cons: Too many options in the menu, it's really hard to

my least favorite vegan place - Edit

I was very excited to try this place but literally everything I tried was dripping in grease and not even tasty. Highly disappointed and feeling sick now!

Disappointed - Edit

Two years ago I had a great experience with them.It turned to a totally disappointment when I went back last month.The menu has been changed. The pho came out super fast with a layer of oil on top, very greasy( by deep fried onion in it). Summer rolls were cold and not fresh made; Dumplings were warmed up unevenly with some tough edge(probably by using a microwave).Asked green tea but came out with a thick mocha powder drink, water was too hot and super bitter! I ended up walking out with a half full stomach.

Pros: Very friendly staff with pretty smile, Easy parking

service - Edit

The food was good yesterday, but service was extremely slow! I would expect that if they were busy, but they weren't. Also, I constantly heard the microwave dinging! Was there any true cooking going on?

Love this place! - Edit

I've been to lots of different Loving Huts, and I just LOVE them! And I love that there is one in Orlando, since I live here :) They've got a great selection and really yummy desserts. It's nice to be able to order anything from the menu and not worry if it's vegan or not.

Pros: Great food, Friendly service

Excellent! - Edit

When we saw it from the outside we thought it looked small and it would not have many choices, but we were so wrong!

The menu is extensive and everything we ordered was amazing! I had the chocolate cake for dessert, it came with some ice-cream and it was delicious.

Everything was great, service was nice and timely, and the place was clean. We will definitely go again.

Pros: many choices, good food, good service

Tasty Asian grub - Edit

Loving Huts can be rather hit or miss, so it's always an adventure to try one that's new to us. The emphasis on fake meats make it something the Omnivore likes, so we popped in on our way back from failing to see a rocket launch.

The service was a bit odd. We were quickly seated, but then left to study the menu for a little too long. I was the more hungry, so we shared a big platter of starters, and I had a bowl of spicy soup in addition.

The starters were your standard battered and deep-fried fare. Not at all good for you, but very satisfying. The Omnivore pronounced themselves pleased, despite the green beans (which I ate). The soup was fabulous, deep rich and spicy, most closely resembling the vegan Assam Fish I had in Kuala Lumpur last year. And the bowl was deceptive. I couldn't finish it because there was so much. I'd say this is one of the good Loving Huts in terms of the food.

As we were paying and preparing to leave, the waiter felt it important to tell us that MH370 had been taken by the people who live inside the hollow earth and that no-one had died.

Pros: tasty food, huge portions

Cons: interesting service

delicous - Edit

First vegan restaurant I've ever been to and I was very impressed! Their food is so delicious and the staff is so friendly there!

Best Loving Hut - Edit

I've been to 4 or 5 different Loving Huts and this is my favorite! Great food, and amazing vegan cheesecake!

Pros: taste, price, friendly staff

Love It - Edit

We have eaten at Loving Hut several times, mostly at the Sunday Buffet. It is a great deal and delicious food. Service can be an issue but understandable with the small staff and often jammed tables. Prices are reasonable and the food delicious.

Pros: Great Buffet, Delicious Vegan Selection, Nice Variety

Cons: Table service is often slow

I'd Really Like To Give A 3.5 - Edit

The food was tasty. My vegan family of 4 was satisfied for the most part (my non-picky kids weren't too fond of the sauce that the tofu was cooked in).

We all ordered different combos and while they were tasty, they were small for the price. My husband was still hungry after finishing off his meal. I was satisfied but still feel as though the price is a bit steep. My youngest son, who is a light eater, only had a little bit of leftovers.

Despite all of that, I can see us visiting them again. I REALLY liked their summer rolls and sauce for dipping! Plus the service was quick and friendly. The restaurant was neat and clean.

Oh and the program playing on TV that people keep mentioning wasn't in while we were there. Don't let that hold you back anyway. It's worth trying at least once.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 01, 2013

Pros: Friendly, All Vegan, Easy Parking

Cons: Spendy

Loving Hut in Norcross, GA is MUCH better - Edit

My husband couldn't wait to eat here while we were recently on vacation. Why? Because we love the food at Loving Hut in Norcross, GA. The building is just okay. The inside is just okay. The service is GREAT. The food is just okay to not very tasty. I love the summer rolls in Norcross, but didn't like them here. I love the fried rice in Norcross, but found the yellow fried rice sticky, over cooked and not very tasty at all. The springs rolls were just okay. My husband said the veggie burger can't tough the one in Norcross which is his favorite. So overall my family would not return to this place unless we didn't have any other options. At least it is vegan should be the best part of eating here, but it is. My group ordered a total of 4 smoothies which they said were GREAT.

Pros: Fast Service/Accurate Service, Friendly Service, Tasty fruit smoothies

Cons: Nothing special about the food, Some foods over cooked, Leftovers of this won't be good

you have to be in the right mood - Edit

What do I mean by the "right mood?" Well, let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? The Loving Hut is owned and operated by a religion headed up by the Supreme Master, which is totally fine by me. You'll see the TV's on the wall with scrolling subtitles in various languages translating the Supreme Master's message to her followers worldwide. There's also information available on the Supreme Master, etc. That said, it's a pretty good restaurant if ambiance isn't your thing...you'll just have to deal with all of that going on in the background. Probably not the place for a business meeting. I'm a vegan who doesn't mind mock meat, so Loving Hut presents no salient concerns for me. I know some don't particularly like it, so that limits your options slightly. I consider Loving Hut to be an experience, if nothing more. The staff is pretty friendly and the service is quite fast. I never figured out whether you order at the table or at the register, though. It varies.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 26, 2013

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 20819 times.