Loving Hut - St. Hanshaugen

Contact 23197915

Bjerregaards gate 6, Oslo, Norway, 0172

This outlet opened Apr 2014. Asian vegan fast food cafe that's part of the international chain of restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages. Tue-Fri 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 1:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-8:00pm

Category: Vegan, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by lotsofchickpeas

Tasty food, reasonable prices - Edit

The food was tasty, well made and reasonably priced for Norway. The cuisine is international with a Chinese influence. When talking to the owner, she made it clear that the quality of the ingredients was important to her.

Unfortunately, there seem to be very few vegetarian / vegan places in Oslo, at least in certain neighborhoods. This makes the Loving Hut even more attractive.

The best vegan food in Oslo - Edit

I've eaten at this place twice. The food is great, the staff is friendly, the interior is nice. I am often planning on taking the hour long train trip into Oslo just to get takeaway from here, like the food is that good.

So far I've tasted the BBQ melody (amazing!), and the falafel wrap. I am still dying to try the burgers, the pizza, desserts - everything on the menu really. Just try this place, you won't regret it!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Nice interior, cozy athmosphere

Great place - Edit

I've wanted to eat here for a while now because I like the Loving Hut chain and that everything is vegan, plus I've heard the food there is nice, and finally I had the chance to go there! I ordered the kebab wrap and the spicy burger so I could taste more from the menu. The kebab wrap was awesome!! The best wrap I have ever had!! The burger was good too, but more ordinary, and I didn't really find it spicy (maybe because I'm used to spicier food, or because I ate the kebab wrap first and everything would seem less awesome compared to its awesomeness!) =p The restaurant was nice, with a couple of tables, and friendly workers. The price was nice too. Hope I can go there more times in the future to test out more of the menu and have more kebab wraps, but a bit hard when I live on the other side of Norway =D

Pros: Delicious food, Nice prices, Everything vegan

good food - Edit

We arrived for dinner on our first night in Oslo about an hour before they closed. The service was friendly and fast. The restaurant has sit-down seating and nice décor. We ordered the dumplings and a couple of different noodle dishes. It was all good and filling. We took a chocolate cake to go to have later in our hotel room. It was also easy to get to by bus and to find as they have a sign at the main cross street. Would definitely go again.

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Best option for vegan food in Oslo - Edit

Soo good, and so cheap! (For Norway that is...) My favorite is the kebab, but the spicy burger is really good as well. And the dumplings... And the BBQ Melody... And the cakes! Get everything.

Pros: Great selection, Good prices, Lovely staff

Cons: Not for fine dining

Quality fast food. - Edit

Love this place! Super friendly, reasonable prices and AMAZING food. So far I have had the Spicy Burger (78kr-) and the Loving Rice Noodles (135kr-). Both tasted and looked like they would have come from somewhere charging double the price. The food also comes surprisingly quickly for the quality. Large drinks and tea selection.
Loving Hut also sells vegan snacks including Vego bars (60kr-) which I haven't seen anywhere else in Oslo!
There is vegan literature on the menu and in random spots around the restaurant which is cool if you bring a veggie or carnist friend.

Pros: Price, Speed, Presentation

Cosy place with tasty vegan food - Edit

We had very nice lunch in this small cafe.
We took wonton soup that was very warming and spicy, classic and spicy burgers, bbq melody and chocolate cake.
All the dishes were fine and portions were good also.
The staff was English speaking and very friendly.

Pros: good price, nice staff, big portions

Best in town! - Edit

The spicy burger is the best burger I've ever had. So nice staff, good prices. A bit small restaurant and sometimes a bit to wait to get food. But so worth a visit.

Pros: Good food, Lovely staff, Good prices

Cons: Tiny place

Great food, excellent service, cost-effective - Edit

The food is great! I love the burgers, spring rolls and summer rolls the best. The pizza is delicious, too. The wonton soup is great, because it fills you up without making too much of a dent in your wallet. I wouldn't recommend the taco dish; it's a bit disappointing. l the sweets are delicious!
The service is so wonderful! The people who work there are friendly, helpful, and they remember regulars!
Every restaurant in Oslo is expensive if you're coming from another country, but Loving Hut is very cost-effective by Oslo's standards.

Pros: large selection of good food, friendly service, relatively inexpensive for Oslo

Cons: some dishes are not the best

Awesome pizza! - Edit

So me and my boyfriend came here to try the pizza the other day, and we were utterly shocked to find that there is actually a decent vegan pizza-alternative in Oslo!

We had one pizza each, and shocked the nice waitress by actually finishing all of it.
Really, we had no choice. It was too good.
Couldn't stop.

We are so coming back for more!
And now we know where to spend our 2-year-anniversary!

Pros: Amazing pizza! And orange juice!, Friendly staff, Not too pricey!

this place was really amazing - Edit

I wasn't quite sure what to expect coming here, but I was amazed at how delicious the food was. This place defiantly sets the standard for vegan food. If you want to inspire a friend to go vegan, this is a great place to take them to introduce them to veggie yumminess. The staff were really friendly and the food came quickly.

Pros: diverse menu, fast service, friendly staff

Not envoriment friendly - Edit

How could they save the world if they transport frozen meat without any spices to norway and then cook it in the microwave? Cant belive that anyone like this place.. Probably beacuse its one of the few vegan resturant in town.

Pros: vegan resturant, they had ketchup to cover the taste

Cons: frozen tastless food, Expensive, barley any vegtables

Awesome - Edit

I've went here twice, and it was fantastic. The first time, I ordered the 'BBQ Melody' (including rice noodles, A M A Z I N G soy protein/meat substitute - and I don't even like meat substitutes - and some spring rolls), and for dessert I chose 'nice cream', which - suprisingly - wasn't banana ice cream, but actually an ice cream made of superfood. It was heavenly.
The second time, I ordered the pizza with homemade cheese. The weirdo I am, I've never been into cheese, really, but this cheese wasn't NEARLY as 'heavy' and sickening as dairy cheese. I almost didn't notice it, which was really good. It tasted like pizza with a slight hint of cheese. I loved it. This time, I chose 'Walnut and chocolate ball' (or something like that) for dessert. AMAZING. Simply delicious.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone, meat eater or vegan (it's great that I don't even have to examine the ingredients in every single meal, because EVERYTHING IS VEGAN).

Pros: Excellent food, nice portions, friendly staff

Cons: Maybe a little pricy: understandable, doesn't have all the 'menu meals'

Pretty decent - Edit

Unlike another Loving Hut not far away from here this one was not closed. Small menu, quite decently priced. We had the summer rolls as starters which were really good. The mains were OK. Nice asian style and not too westernized. My BBQ soy steak tasted mostly like soyprotein without much other flavor.

Decent service. I'm really not into their weird sect vibe, but the woman working there was nice enough, and at least they didn't have the Supreme master tv blaring somewhere. Would visit again.

OPEN & GREAT - Edit

They sell great and inexpensive vegan food and are definitely NOT closed, in contrast to what a previous reviewer said. They're also very friendly - and flexible for those of us who don't want onion and garlic.

My favorite restaurant - Edit

I have yet to visit another Loving Hut restaurant that can compare with Loving Hut Bjerregaards gate. The favorite meal is the "Spicy Burger". I simply love it! But all of the dishes I have tried here is so good! "BBQ melody" is also delicious.
The restaurant staff is so nice and welcoming. I always feel welcome. I never get disappointed with the food from Loving Hut Bjerregaards gate. I will recommend this restaurant 100% =)You will not regret it!

Pros: Spicy Burger, The Staff, Board games

Cons: Can't think of any..!

Good sized portions of tasty vegan food - Edit

While I was in Oslo on a recent trip, I came here and to the other Loving Hut in Fredenborgsveien for a meal out. I preferred the style of food in the other location, but I still very much enjoyed my meal of harmony soy protein with pineapple, which came in a huge serving (more than I could eat!). The main advantage of this restaurant over the other one is that it is larger and has more sit-down seating spaces.

Pros: Nice vegan food, Plenty of sit-down seating, Bright, airy space

Cons: Slightly on the expensive side, even for Oslo!

This and the other Loving Hut are the only 100% vegan restaurants in Oslo, as far as I am aware. So breathe easy and settle in. Super friendly staff will serve you a variety of tasty dishes. I've tried the noodles, a couple of rice dishes, all the desserts (yum!), one of the raw organic offerings, and both the burgers. All scrumptious. Always served with a smile. Very reasonable prices for Oslo too. I highly recommend this place and urge you to get to know the staff who always want to get your dish just the way you like it. Bravo!

Pros: Tasty food, Good variety of dishes, Friendly service

Cons: Slow service when busy, understandably!, Not a cosy romantic dinner place, fine., Slow coffee machine for now.

Great food, decent prices, nice staff - Edit

Went after having found it on HappyCow, turns out they just opened! Had a spicy burger (65) and a muffin (20). Both were really good and filling. Will absolutely recommend! Staff is also friendly and welcoming.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly, Tasty

Cons: Indoors only

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - St. Hanshaugen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6111 times since Mar 2014.