Loving Hut

678-421-9191

6385 Spalding Dr Ste E, Norcross, Georgia, USA, 30092

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serves a mix of Asian and American dishes plus vegan desserts and non-alcoholic beverages. Has weekday lunch specials. Hosts buffets from time to time--check its webpage. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by fuzzyfacegang

Loving Hut is lit!! - Edit

The buffet was awesome! The staff was very friendly and helpful!!!

Pros: 100% vegan

Cons: none

so many choices - Edit

They were out of pizza, so I got the Singaporean noodles and it was a huge serving and very delicious. Don't bother with the miso soup though, there was spinach instead of seaweed and it was overall mediocre. I'm looking forward to try their other options, this is the first NOT Asian-forward loving hut I've been to, and I love the variety of options!

Excellent food and excellent service! - Edit

I just love going to the Loving Hut in Norcross! The food is always wonderful - fresh, the temperature is spot on, and it's very tasty! The service has been nothing but wonderful as well! Very quick and friendly. :) I drive an hour - from Canton - to go to the Loving Hut. I would recommend you do the same! Oh, and get a piece of the coconut cake!

Best Vegan Food In Atlanta - Edit

Very cute relaxing venue. Friendly staff. Delicious food. Lots of options.

I LOVE this place!! - Edit

The food is amazing, the selection is fabulous, and the atmosphere is very warm and friendly. If there is anything at all that I would recommend a bit of improvement it would only be that sometimes the service is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's just a little...uhm...well...not as great!! BUT I LOVE this place and I HIGHLY recommend it! For Vegan, Vegetarian, and Conventional eaters alike! The Buffet is Out Of This World!

Wonderful experience! - Edit

What a wonderful experience to be able to get any item off the extensive menu they offer bc EVERYTHING is vegan! We had wonderful, friendly and quick service, and the food surprised us bc it was so good. We had the nachos, the spring rolls, cha cha cha, seafood soup, panini, hummingbird cake and coconut cake. We really loved it all (except the panini was just ok) and were very happy with our food! We will definitely make it a go to place when we are in town! It is not a fancy place, rather down to earth but friendly, come as you are, which we prefer

Pros: extensive choices, all food is vegan!, delicious food! value prices

Cons: water was served w/out ice

Love The Loving Hut - Edit

Everything I have had there so far has been very good. I usually fall back on their nachos as my go to meal.

Pros: Price

Contributions +394

Not that great - Edit

I went to another Loving Hut location on the West Coast and loved the place so definitely wanted to go here. I got there went to find a seat and noticed old food and crumbs messed on the tables. I then found a somewhat clean table and waited about 10 minutes before a waiter even gave me a menu. While I was waiting, there was a club meeting for nano writing going on next to me which was kind of weird and annoying. As I went through the menu I noticed half the menu was American food like a chili dog or hamburger. I decided to try some basil rolls and a dish that was supposed to be a fake fish dish. The basil rolls were pretty good but the fake fish dish was terrible. It was basically a large boca patty drenched in sauce with a side of rice. I guess not all the loving hut locations are the same sadly.

Cons: Unfriendly Staff, Food didn't taste good

Most dishes are delicious to taste - Edit

I have taken several cooking classes there too. It is a great go to restauran if we have friends who have never tried vegan because everything is tasty and there are many dishes that you would swear have meat.

Pros: superb intro to vegan for non-vegans, sharing size portions, amazing coconut cake

Cons: service can be too slow , not "health food", but tasty vegan, mood is a little "fast foodish"

slow but awesome - Edit

I love everything about it except service...can be slow. I overcome by ordering at the front and then sitting down.they also do not have the art of the leisurely meal down.appetizers soup and entree can come at the same time...if you do courses, order first course at the desk...them your entree at the table.

Pros: location, taste, value

Cons: not s friendly service...cultural differences, speed of meal, very bright interior

Great! - Edit

Everything was delicious and the service was good as well.

Pros: Options, Taste, Price

great! - Edit

Great food! All vegan. Very friendly staff. I visit here almost weekly.

Slow Service, but worth the wait - Edit

The service continues to be painfully slow. I truely like their food so I just get over it. Great desserts and appetizers. My husband loves the veggie burgers. My non vegan family and friends give the food two thumbs up as well. Definely worth eating hear but be prepared to WAIT.

***I've been to this place several times. The first time was the grand opening. Now it is hard to please me because I've live in California where the vegan food is out of this world. That being said this food is just okay to me, but I can see how others would REALLY like it. It is a good place for a first time vegetarian/vegan to go also. The food is not highly seasoned or heavily salted like I feel Harmony Resturaunt serves their food. It is a worth while place to go to and the prices are reasonable.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 13, 2010

Pros: Most choice are very good, All Vegan, Desserts are a must

Cons: Slow Service, Spring Rolls not always exactly same, Did I say Slow Service

WarnerRobins 22 Feb 2013 - update: My sister stopped by Loving Hut to buy my birthday gift. She bought me one slice of every dessert cake they made that day. Six slices total. She also bought herself the fried rice. She shared the fried rice with me and I don't know what they did on May 8th, but they need to do it forever! The rice was very good. We both thought so. As for the desserts...cake 1 was a german chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse top half. Now I'm not a chocolate lover and this was soooo very delicious. My sister liked it too. Cake #2 Humming Bird or Carrot Cake. Now we both agreed it tasted more like a banana creme cake, but we still thougt it was okay. Cake #3 Orange Cake. Now the Orange Cake was sooo very light and tasty!!! It would make an excellent wedding cake! Cake #4 Cheese Cake. Tasty. The other two 5, chocolate and 6, coconut are in the freezer for later. I wonder if the fried rice recipe changed from the couple of times I've had it before to May 8th? Well the May 8th version is a winner or I was just happy it was my birthday!

Yum Yum - Edit

I got the Au Lac sandwich and my friend got the Nachos. Both dishes were super delicious(I definitely tasted hers too!) The food was great and well priced but the service wasn't stellar. It won't keep me from giving them my business though because vegan restaurants in the south eastern united states are not easy to come by!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 21, 2013

Pros: Prices, Selection, Flavor

Cons: Service

Refreshing and Delicious! - Edit

I visited the Loving Hut in Norcross. The server was knowledgeable and friendly, and made recommendations which were excellent. I tried the basil roll and sushi, and had the bok choy for an entree. Finished up with a fabulous slice of coconut cake. I had enough food left for another meal!

The prices were quite reasonable, and the dining area was clean and well-lit. I look forward to visiting this restaurant again and again.

Good food, Good People - Edit

This is a restaurant run entirely by volunteers - hence the atmosphere and service of a school cafeteria. But the food is delicious and the people running the restaurant are really sweet and loving. The Vegan cooking classes that they offer here are really good too. Check this place out! It is pretty awesome!

Pros: excellent food

Cons: service lacks lustre

Love, love, love :) - Edit

Yes, it is true that the "chain" (loosely franchised, different menus at each) was started by a somewhat kooky "Supreme Master" in China, but god bless the kooks that try to help our planet. I'm all for anyone that helps get the word out about vegan food.

The place itself is lovely, peaceful, sweet and friendly. The food is great, but vegans, be prepared for menu shock... I have never had so many choices. It was very hard to pick one! My fave so far is the Loving Hut Roll, which is a little tough to cut with a fork but is divine. My son's friend had the Pho and said it reminded her of her mother's meat based Pho - said it was fabulous and very authentic tasting.

The cakes - omg, yum. The chocolate mousse cake is currently my favorite.

My office is just 2 miles from here so this is a lunch twice a week place :)

Pros: all vegan, all non-gmo, great taste

Great restaurant! - Edit

My local writing group visits this place once a week in November, and the food has been great every time we've gone! One of the servers isn't the most welcoming of men, but other than that, the people have been nice and friendly, and I would highly recommend this place to people. My boyfriend loves eating meat (I'm working on changing that!), and even he couldn't get over how delicious the food was. I haven't been back there since I became a vegetarian, but I will definitely be going back soon!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, decent price

Cons: one unfriendly staff member

Return to Norcross Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.