Loving Hut - Mira Mesa

Contact 858-578-8885

9928 Mira Mesa Blvd (at Scripps Ranch Blvd), San Diego, California, USA, 92131

Part of international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan dessert. Each location is individually family owned and operated.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Catering, Vietnamese

First Review by nuna

Wonderful food and service - Edit

Our family loves this place, but admittedly not on the first try. We had to explore the menu a bit before we found the outstanding dishes. Texas Fries are awesome! Spicy Udon Noodle Soup is terrific. Spicy Cha Cha is great. Clay Pot with Eggplant is delicious. Burritos, California and Breakfast are also great. The burgers are great, too. If you have the patty melt, tell them to put it on the rye bread instead of a bun, which is really silly. Start with these and you will love this place, too.

My absolute favorite Vegan Restaurant - Edit

I've lost count on how many times I've eaten here. This is the place that introduced veganism to me four years ago when I was a vegetarian and boy did it get the ball rolling. I've brought so many non-vegs with me to try this place out and not one of them has disliked it. Out of all the vegan places I've tried in San Diego all the way up to LA, Loving Hut Mira Mesa will always be my home. Although I haven't tried EVERYTHING on the menu yet, everything I have tried has been amazing. It's across the way from the Edward's theatre in Mira Mesa and is the perfect place to go before or after catching a film. Also has very kid-friendly options including fries, tater tots, chicken tenders and much more! You HAVE to check this place out and when you do, you MUST order the Texas Fries, it's what this location is famous for. I always order them without jalapenos but to each his own! Enjoy!

Pros: So many options!, everything is delicious!, cheap!

Cons: No cons whatsoever

Great vegan restaurant in area (the ONLY one!) - Edit

update (2016): Now that I manage to go there every few weeks, I can write that the service is fantastic! They usually greet you at the door (in a friendly, non-intimidating way), and their Loving Hut android app makes it really easy to order (in or take out), including bonus points. (You DO have to order carefully, tho, for really healthy meals!)
(orig. review) Great variety in menu. Disappointed that organic ingredients & healthy options are not the focus. I am often in area early evening & restaurant is always closed then.

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 17, 2014

Pros: Vegan, many menu items, great service

Cons: Not Organic (I need to verify), closed early evenings, turn into parking lot awkward

This is our goto place - Edit

We live less than 10 minutes away and get take out at least twice a week. When my wife broke her leg and didn't cook we were going 3-4 times a week and never ran out of great meals. Fish tacos are the best, better than Veggie Grill or Native Foods. We used to lament the fact that there was no good vegan food near us, now we are thankful that we have the best in San Diego.

Pros: Great food, Owners are great, Wait staff is helpful

Love this Place! - Edit

The staff is very friendly and welcoming and there are many options from different categories to choose from. I always feel healthy when I leave this place and crave it when I haven't had it recently!

Pros: Variety, Vegan, Staff

Cons: Discontinued dishes

Vegan options abound - Edit

We enjoyed our meal here, although healthy and organic is not the focus for sure! It is a fun and peaceful restaurant for a meal focused on fun and flavor rather than healthy eating. Fake meat, non organic soy dominates the menu.

Pros: variety, service was helpful, clean

Cons: non-organic soy only offered , fake meat is focus

Excellent! - Edit

We ate here while visiting from out of town and it was excellent. We got an eggplant tofu dish, healthy fried rice, lemon grass veggie meat type dish, and some chef's special rolls. Everything was delicious and even our toddler enjoyed the fried rice.

One of the Better Loving Huts - Edit

I have been to a couple of Loving Huts but this one seemed to be the best so far. When I went to Loving Huts in the past I found the portions too small, especially for the price. As a result I would spend too much and not fill myself up. Here, one entree and a shared order of egg rolls was satisfactory. The location is great in a nice part of San Diego just off the 15 Fwy. My only complaint was that the men's room appeared to be out-of-order but there was no sign on the door to inform you of this. As I result, I ended up waiting a long time to get in thinking it was occupied.

Pros: Great Location, Delicious Food , Good-Sized Portions

Cons: Small , Somewhat Expensive, Men's room was out of order but no sign.

Awesome family place! - Edit

My son is severely allergic to dairy and egg so instead of fighting with staff to check if his food might kill him, we went to this vegan place instead (we are total carnivores!) And we brought our carnivore friends with us (a family of 4). Total of 4 kids, 2x 6 year old and 2x 2 year old. We all had a blast. The food was not only edible, it was great! The kids were eating off each others plates and nobody complained about having to eat their vegetables! Then they dug into the dessert! A huge slice of chocolate peanut butter cake (great!) and another of coconut cake (so, so), plenty for the 7 of us. Lots of non-dairy milk shakes on the menu too. What a fabulous experience! Coming back as soon as we can!

Pros: Great food, Great for families, Reasonable pricing

Cons: The fake flowers gotta go!

Tasty food and uplifting dining experience - Edit

This restaurant has delicious food - for both seasoned vegans as well as people just testing the waters -- and also has the most cheerful and friendly staff which really increases the positive experience of dining. The greens are fresh, and I'm told that a lot of the produce is organic, which is amazing, considering the reasonable prices. And the tofu is also organic, which is great to know.
Creative and appealing menu, and a philosophy of compassion for all life and environmental sustainability, which makes going there and buying dinner practically a tax-deductible donation to a worthy cause!

Pros: innovative menu, Organic ingredients, high ethical foundation

worth a visit - Edit

I have been several times with my husband and friends and not been disappointed with the food. The service is a bit funky like getting your entree before your appetizer (happened twice now), but the food is great and the price is very affordable. We definitely will go again.

Pros: affordable, variety of choices, clean

Cons: service could be more streamlinedZ

Very good - Edit

There is very few if any, vegan restaurants in Mira Mesa. Glad that this one opened here. Good service and great food. I totally recommend loving hut in Mira Mesa. Only issue is parking. Overall it's great.

Pros: food, service

Cons: umm...parking?

Good food, but where is the service - Edit

Good food, but lacking in good service; I hope this is only due to the newness of the establishment. As well, the staff needs to learn that baby seal clubbing on the television is not conducive to enjoyment of a meal.

Pros: Good food, vegan

Cons: Poor service, Seal Clubbing

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Mira Mesa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8171 times since Feb 2011.