Loving Hut - Mira Mesa

858-578-8885

9928 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, California, USA, 92131

Part of international chain of vegan food restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually owned. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Tue-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by nuna

I eat here 5 times a week! - Edit

Must try the Spicy Cha Cha or Cali Burrito, it taste's like actual shrimp and and carne asada burrito. Thank me later.

I eat here so often and I love it even though mostly everything is soy. They also have gluten-free options.

Pros: everything Vegan, everything organic, gluten free option

Cons: mostly Soy product

Best Loving Hut - Edit

Out of all the Loving Huts I've been to, I have to say this is my fave. Their portions are great and have a variety of selections. Everything is tasty.

Vegan, Non-GMO, MSG-free, and a Discount! - Edit

I like that they publish coupons in the Get1Free book and every once in awhile they offer a Groupon deal. I'm usually not fast enough to get one because they sell out so fast before I even know that they are available, but finally I scored! Even better, I got an extra $5 off because I purchased a Groupon gift code through https://shopseashells.com. You, too, can get $5; just use my Referral Code: PEW1Ny+r

Pros: Everything's VEGAN, Non-GMO, MSG-free!, Groupon deals and Get1Free coupons!, The only vegan restaurant for miles!

Cons: Too small and gets too crowded due to popularity., Parking lot is too small!, Closed 1 day of the week (but they change the day)

huge menu, friendly staff - Edit

When I'm in San Diego I make it a point to have a meal here. Their menu is huge! Their staff is very friendly. And the food... vegan bliss :)
Only downside- we over eat!

Pros: huge menu, friendly staff, nice vibe

Love Loving Hut - Edit

This is the best looking Loving Hut location that I visited, but that is eclipsed by the food and service. We enjoyed Lettuce Cups and Crispy Chow Mein. The Pho was less spectacular but still good! Service was attentive and friendly.

Pros: Good food, Friendly service

Love Loving Hut! - Edit

I've been to a few Loving Huts, and this location was our "usual" spot when we lived in the area. I haven't been able to find my favorite Heavenly Salad at any other locations. It's been a while since I've been to this one, I hope they still have it. The won ton soup was a favorite, and the desserts are amazing!

Pros: all vegan, good prices, clean

Wonderful food and service - Edit

Our family loves this place, but admittedly not on the first try. We had to explore the menu a bit before we found the outstanding dishes. Texas Fries are awesome! Spicy Udon Noodle Soup is terrific. Spicy Cha Cha is great. Clay Pot with Eggplant is delicious. Burritos, California and Breakfast are also great. The burgers are great, too. If you have the patty melt, tell them to put it on the rye bread instead of a bun, which is really silly. Start with these and you will love this place, too.

worst vegan restaurant I've ever been to - Edit

food is NOT even good here

My absolute favorite Vegan Restaurant - Edit

I've lost count on how many times I've eaten here. This is the place that introduced veganism to me four years ago when I was a vegetarian and boy did it get the ball rolling. I've brought so many non-vegs with me to try this place out and not one of them has disliked it. Out of all the vegan places I've tried in San Diego all the way up to LA, Loving Hut Mira Mesa will always be my home. Although I haven't tried EVERYTHING on the menu yet, everything I have tried has been amazing. It's across the way from the Edward's theatre in Mira Mesa and is the perfect place to go before or after catching a film. Also has very kid-friendly options including fries, tater tots, chicken tenders and much more! You HAVE to check this place out and when you do, you MUST order the Texas Fries, it's what this location is famous for. I always order them without jalapenos but to each his own! Enjoy!

Pros: So many options!, everything is delicious!, cheap!

Cons: No cons whatsoever

Great vegan restaurant in area (the ONLY one!) - Edit

update (2016): Now that I manage to go there every few weeks, I can write that the service is fantastic! They usually greet you at the door (in a friendly, non-intimidating way), and their Loving Hut android app makes it really easy to order (in or take out), including bonus points. (You DO have to order carefully, tho, for really healthy meals!)
(orig. review) Great variety in menu. Disappointed that organic ingredients & healthy options are not the focus. I am often in area early evening & restaurant is always closed then.

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 17, 2014

Pros: Vegan, many menu items, great service

Cons: Not Organic (I need to verify), closed early evenings, turn into parking lot awkward

This is our goto place - Edit

We live less than 10 minutes away and get take out at least twice a week. When my wife broke her leg and didn't cook we were going 3-4 times a week and never ran out of great meals. Fish tacos are the best, better than Veggie Grill or Native Foods. We used to lament the fact that there was no good vegan food near us, now we are thankful that we have the best in San Diego.

Pros: Great food, Owners are great, Wait staff is helpful

Love this Place! - Edit

The staff is very friendly and welcoming and there are many options from different categories to choose from. I always feel healthy when I leave this place and crave it when I haven't had it recently!

Pros: Variety, Vegan, Staff

Cons: Discontinued dishes

Vegan options abound - Edit

We enjoyed our meal here, although healthy and organic is not the focus for sure! It is a fun and peaceful restaurant for a meal focused on fun and flavor rather than healthy eating. Fake meat, non organic soy dominates the menu.

Pros: variety, service was helpful, clean

Cons: non-organic soy only offered , fake meat is focus

Food Was Excellent - Edit

The food was great. Some of the best vegan meals I have ever had.

Wonderful - Edit

This was outstanding bold flavors excellent service peaceful atmosphere..
My family and I will be back.

Pros: quality, taste, atmosphere

Cons: none, none, none

Excellent! - Edit

We ate here while visiting from out of town and it was excellent. We got an eggplant tofu dish, healthy fried rice, lemon grass veggie meat type dish, and some chef's special rolls. Everything was delicious and even our toddler enjoyed the fried rice.

One of the Better Loving Huts - Edit

I have been to a couple of Loving Huts but this one seemed to be the best so far. When I went to Loving Huts in the past I found the portions too small, especially for the price. As a result I would spend too much and not fill myself up. Here, one entree and a shared order of egg rolls was satisfactory. The location is great in a nice part of San Diego just off the 15 Fwy. My only complaint was that the men's room appeared to be out-of-order but there was no sign on the door to inform you of this. As I result, I ended up waiting a long time to get in thinking it was occupied.

Pros: Great Location, Delicious Food , Good-Sized Portions

Cons: Small , Somewhat Expensive, Men's room was out of order but no sign.

Awesome family place! - Edit

My son is severely allergic to dairy and egg so instead of fighting with staff to check if his food might kill him, we went to this vegan place instead (we are total carnivores!) And we brought our carnivore friends with us (a family of 4). Total of 4 kids, 2x 6 year old and 2x 2 year old. We all had a blast. The food was not only edible, it was great! The kids were eating off each others plates and nobody complained about having to eat their vegetables! Then they dug into the dessert! A huge slice of chocolate peanut butter cake (great!) and another of coconut cake (so, so), plenty for the 7 of us. Lots of non-dairy milk shakes on the menu too. What a fabulous experience! Coming back as soon as we can!

Pros: Great food, Great for families, Reasonable pricing

Cons: The fake flowers gotta go!

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Mira Mesa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.