Loving Hut - Milpitas

408-943-0250

516 Barber Lane, Milpitas, California, USA, 95035

Milpitas vegan restaurant providing fast food meals for lunch and sit-down a la carte dinner. Uses organic and non-GMO ingredients. Also serving cakes, non-alchoholic beer and wine, and other beverages. It's part of the Loving Hut international chain of vegan food restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by jimcklo

So Delicious! - Edit

The food here is amazing, it's a must try if you are in town!

Pros: Excellent food, Large portions, Friendly Staff

Cons: Busy shopping center (but still worth it)

Even Omnivores... - Edit

I have taken several omnivores here and they all enjoyed the dishes. They have even asked to go back, not remembering the location.

Pros: Full vegan menu. Great, friendly staff. Excellen

Cons: Tucked in a corner of an off the beaten path strip

Excellent all-vegan - Edit

Started with the Saigon rolls with peanut sauce, which were excellent. I had the Walnut Cha Cha and my dining partner went with the Rolling Tango. Both dishes were very good - flavorful and fulfilling. We split a slice of the Mango Cake for dessert, which was very light.

Pros: Good food, Very friendly service

Chinese Vegan excellent choice - Edit

The staffs are cheerful and happy to serve all vegan menu. I had green juice with out orange juice and dates to avoid sugar, they prepared with other green ingredients, very yam and healthy, thank you. Bun Hui noodles were great but next time I will try so many better items I saw people were served around me. Very good ambience and clean atmosphere, good energy too. Overall, I like this place and recommend to all for trying for a delightful lunches (I will come back for dinner too). FYI: alacarte menu only.

Pros: staff is amazingly friendly and genuinely nice, food choices are tremendous for different taste & , flexible to tweaking to your suggestion, willingly

Cons: Vegetarian inside Vegan described outside!

Lifesaver if stuck at Crowne Plaza Hotel - Edit

I attended a weekend convention at Crowne Plaza Hotel, which is about a 3 block walk from this Loving Hut. The proximity of a Loving Hut was the deciding factor for me, in even attending the Con (the hotel has a hopelessly overpriced, pseudo-nouvelle, meat & dairy intensive restaurant). I got my dinner at Loving Hut on Friday night, and the portion ("Broccoli Lovers") was so huge, that I was able to take it back to my room and get my Saturday lunch & dinner out of it. I enjoyed the flavor, although I did find it rather oilier than I like my food. There was a LOT of broccoli - I never did manage to finish all of it. It was a bit too undercooked for me (I find most Asian restaurants hardly cook the broccoli). Having got through Saturday on that one dinner entree, I went back for lunch on Sunday. This time I got the curry fried rice (veg in that dish were cabbage, peas & carrots). It was very tasty, spicy but not painful, and not noticeably oily. I would order that again. Again, it was a very generous portion, and I was glad I brought my own secure-lidded plastic container to take the rest with me. I ate a lot more of it for my dinner, at the Amtrak station, and on the train, and there was still some left. Beside those entrees, I had two other items. With dinner, I got the Thai iced tea, even though I was told that it was made with brown sugar, which of course is usually white sugar with molasses added. (It was delicious.) Normally I don't eat refined sugar, since the origin of white sugar may not be vegan. However, when traveling, I personally find it's easier - even necessary - to be a bit flexible on sugar issues. But I was surprised to realize that a Loving Hut was not so aware. If I were not trapped at a horrible hotel, and really needed some strong tea to get through the conference program that night, I would have passed on the sugar. Similarly, on Sunday I got a vegan flan to go, after lunch. It was incredibly delicious, but probably also made with white or brown sugar. This time I didn't event bother to ask, because again, I needed a bit of a sugar rush to get through the afternoon Con program, and the train trip home. Bottom line: if I find myself in Milpitas again, I would try this Loving Hut again.

Pros: bright & clean premises, Friendly staff, generous portions at good prices

Cons: one dish was very oily, waiter didn't bring check when I asked, seems to use refined sugar

Love the Loving Hut - Edit

My husband and I go here after we volunteer at the Humane Society. Their menu is much more expansive than the one at Oakridge mall. I always get the hibiscus tea, always. Their cakes are amazing, especially the mango. I really like the vermicelli delicacy, spicy cha cha, pad thai, fried rice, curry fried rice. They have a lot of options from soups to salads, asian noodles, curries, and American food like a pesto sandwich, burger, etc. This place gets really busy especially during lunch time. But the food is good and the portions are large (family style).

Pros: Vegan, Big portions, Great selection

Cons: Busy during rush hours

Great food! - Edit

Very good food. Tons of different Asian dishes, and a few American ones. I had summer rolls and fried mushrooms. Both dishes were tasty and fresh, and the portions would have easily fed two or more.

My only quibbles are that they use a lot of iceberg lettuce and the server was rather rude. Efficient, but rude.

Pros: selection, vegan, quality

Cons: service, iceberg lettuce

Love the variety here! - Edit

Let me just say that this Loving Hut location already gets points for having a MUCH more diverse & extensive menu than its tiny Palo Alto location. Plus they offer well-known vegan products for purchase in their freezer case, which is pretty cool.

I had the Gourmet Fried Rice and Malaysia Curry Chow Mein, which was a little bit spicy, but really quite good and extremely filling. I reeeeally wanted a Thai Tea (which, I might add, have not had in years since going vegan) but it hadn't been prepared yet. I'm also little sad I didn't have room for dessert. Next time I'm totally ordering some stuff to go.

The only problem for me was the location. It's not merely that I live 12 miles west, but that Loving Hut - Milpitas is kind of tucked away in an a strip mall, which in turn is tucked away behind an office park. There's not really a chance for a lot of foot-traffic, patronage from those passing by, and you cannot spot it from the road. In short, you pretty much have to specifically be going to Loving Hut. Which is too bad, because this one kinda rocks and I want more people to come here.

That being said, the staff was courteous, the location was spacious and clean and inviting (although my opinions/taste as far as interior design differ--BUT, this is kind of irrelevant)and all-in-all I had a really good experience here.

Pros: Plenty of menu items, Reasonably priced, Good food

Cons: Somewhat obscure location

Love it!! Top 5 favorites!! - Edit

If you take people to eat with you, he/she will never tell it's vegan unless you tell him/her. They have anything and more you can think of. It's just delicious, healthy and the whole decoration is so elegant and clean and bright. I simply LOVE it!

Pros: Delicious, excellent healthy food, clean, birhgt, elegant place, friendly staff

Cons: huge variety vegan food, great coffee/drinks, delicious dessert

Great food, great staff - Edit

Spouse and I got to Loving Hut shortly after they closed for lunch. They were willing to make some "to go" food for us, but after we explained we had driven over 100 miles to get there for my birthday lunch, they graciously seated us. The food was very good, the menu selections abundant, the interior of the restaurant pleasant, and the restrooms were tidy and well supplied. Even though they were preparing for the dinner hour, they never once tried to hurry us up. At the end of our meal, two of the staff came to our table with a flan with a lit candle in it for my birthday. Give Loving Hut a try...I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, pleasant interior and exterior

Loving Hut - Edit

I have been here several times, a vegan food restaurant featuring delicious vegetarian foods, great deserts and beverages. Unique setting of the elegant colors and decoration bring a heavenly peace and love atmosphere. My non-vegetarian friends, colleagues were very impressed to find soy-based vegetarian foods were so delicious and tasty. The taro pearl drink, Thai pearl ice tea, the vegan cakes, and other deserts ended the meals with a great satisfaction. We definitely enjoyed everything we have ordered so far and will go back again and again.

Pros: Delicious food, drink, desert, excellent atmosphere and decoration, friendly personnels

Excellent food for vegetarians and everyone! - Edit

The food is excellent not only for vegetarians (vegans) like me but also for EVERYONE like many of my friends who enjoy the meal together.

This is because Loving Hut offers a very accessible starting point for those who try to make a noble transition toward plant-based diets.

Taking Loving Hut's barbecue dish as an example, if someone were served it, she or he wouldn't even know it was vegetarian. It is just similar to the actual barbecur pork!

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent for vegans and everyone, Great atmophere

Return to Milpitas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Milpitas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.