Loving Hut

Contact 70631502

Gosposvetska cesta 43a (at Kosarjeva ulica), Maribor, Slovenia, 2000

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family operated. Serves all vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Small place, opened 2013. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by bvigec

Not so Loving hut - Edit

I was a regular customer but with time, i saw the people who work there, are not organised and are forgetful. I must remind them each time to bring me next dish or dessert otherwise i could wait a lot of time and when they would see me waiting, they wont remember even if the place is crowded or not. The food sometimes comes cold or made wrong, otherwise the desserts are A .

Pros: The food

Cons: Service, Space

Hummus heaven :) - Edit

I'm so happy to have this place in my hometown as they serve really good food and the portions are big enough. Love their guru curry rice, vegbab and house-made hummus- it's the best I've ever had. They also sell vegan cheese and faux meat, raw chocolates and protein bars. I wish the place was a bit bigger and that they would work longer hours, especially over the weekends. Also, they could expand their offer a bit, but overall it's a great place to go and if they have their chocolate cake you win. :)

Pros: big portions , great food, house made hummus and chocolate cake

Cons: small place, closes too soon

Worth it - Edit

Stayed for a couple of days in Maribor, it was really difficult to eat vegan (especially after 8 p.m. when everything closes). However, I had to visit this place, and it was definitely worth it. Took the Seitan kebab, a brownie and an ice-cream. Very tasty! Plus, it's vegan. Love the humanity of this restaurant =)

p.s. A bit further away from the center, maybe a 15-minute walk. Too bad they are not closer, so that they can veganize the center

Pros: various dishes, not too expensive, good staff

Cons: a bit further away from the center

Excellent! - Edit

We were in the city for a couple of days. This place is definitively a good one. It is inexpensive, everything is vegan and the portions are large, beware! We are used to our local Loving Hut in Belgium and we ordered too much food at first (two seitan pita with fries and one house salad for two guys, it was too much). We didn't try their deserts, we were stuffed...

Well worth it though. It's more on the fast food side of the Loving Hut (a bit junk foodish) but they use fresh ingredients, falafel was home made, seitan was a bit over salted but once in a while it's fine!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious, Fast

Cons: Sometimes overcrowded, Not so fluent in english, Large portions

Delicious vegan fast food - Edit

We love the Lovin hut in Ljubljana so we decided on our trip to Maribor to try this one as well.
The restaurant offers vegan fast food, chinese food and deserts. As I love fast food and my boyfriend doesn't we ordered a burger that comes with a side dish of french fries and vegannaise and Chow mein. Both dishes were delicious and freshly made.

Pros: Delicous food, Friendly staff

A fast food-focused Loving Hut - Edit

I am a BIG fan of Loving Hut in general. Loving Huts in different locations can be pretty different from each other, but I've never been to one that wasn't awesome.

This one focuses mostly on fast food, and you order at a counter, after which they bring your food to you. Then you pay at the end. It's cash only, they don't take credit cards. They had what looked like a credit card machine, so we asked, but they said no.

We tried the seitan doner, which was very good. They have a special that changes everyday. We went twice, the first day they had a lentil stew and the second day they had goulash with polenta or bread. We got the goulash, and it was really good. I'd never had goulash before, but my (non-vegetarian) husband told me it tasted like other goulash and competed very well with meat-based versions.

Be warned, the menu is only in Slovenian! The staff was able to help us by telling us orally in English what options were on the menu. There is a menu in English on their website, but we actually found that it didn't match the paper menu when we got there. The online menu has "fried soy steak," but that wasn't on the actual menu. The real menu has the doner options plus some of the Asian inspired options like chow mein.

We also tried the desserts, which were really good!

There isn't a ton of seating inside. Most of the seating available is outdoors and covered.

It's not right in the city center, but it's definitely walkable. It was fairly busy for lunch, which is a good sign.

Pros: Delicious- of course, it's Loving Hut!

Cons: Menu only in Slovenian

Return to Maribor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1633 times since Nov 2013.