Loving Hut - Madrid

• Vegan
Contact 915590217

Calle de los Reyes, 11 (at Plaza de España), Madrid, Spain, 28015

Cocina natural vegana. Part of international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Offers a menu of the day - ask for it.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Western, Asian

First Review by JohanHWB

In the vegan prophet house - Edit

Part of the omonimous international franchise, they have a mission: bringing people on the vegan side.
So, expect the most of the food to be a vegan imitation of traditional meat and fish dishes, mostly from the Oriental cuisine.
Food is tasty. No alcohol is served. Daily menu available.
Open 7 days a week, for lunch and dinner. Usually closes in August.
Don't miss their egg-free spanish tortilla and share the generous portion of their chocolate cake.

Pros: Always open

Cons: Cold atmosphere, Scary decoration, No alcoholic drinks

not so good - Edit

A Vegan restaurant in the heart of the city - sounds great. But I was not so happy about my experience - the place has no atmosphere, frankly is unwelcoming with its decor. The offer is not so cheap so I ordered the menu of the day (3-course meal for 10,5e - that's a fair price!) but the creme-soup was really disappointing and the waitress forgot about the bread though I asked for it. Curry was delicious (amazing tempeh), but the juice was artificially sweetened and not organic and I expect an organic juice in vegan restaurant.

Pros: location, english speaking waitress, short waiting for food

Cons: ugly place, not tasty soup

okay - Edit

I got the miso soup and an empanada here. The empanada was good but barely warm and seemed like it had been sitting around for awhile. Still tasty though. The miso soup was good as well but overall the food was just okay. I would go again to try something else maybe. Most of the dishes have mushrooms or pineapple in them which I wasn't a fan of

Pros: nice staff , English menu

Great food! - Edit

Very friendly staff and great food. We ordered daily special, With soup, main course, drinks and dessert for 13,50 euros. There were 2 or 3options for each and they were all very flavourful and tasty. Loved it.

Loving loving hut - Edit

A fully vegan place. That's enough to give the place some stars.

The food is good but neither creative nor impressive. Other than that, the staff is awesome and the place clean and well decorated.

They have daily menu which offers a couple of main courses. Overall, recommended.

Pros: Vegan, Staff

Cons: Nice but not outstanding

Average food with no atmosphere - Edit

Found the food boring and average but at quite a high price compared to other nearby restaurants. The veggie burger was dull ad felt like something you could pick up in a supermarket.
We stayed nearby and opted for dinner here as we are both vegetarian and like to support veggie-only restaurants. However, our visit was a disappointment. Staff are very nice and polite, but the whole restaurant is very dull. The interior is dull and too bright with zero atmosphere. It's NOT a place to go for a date, but maybe ok for lunch.
Main dishes are around €8-11 - and for that price you can get much better veggie food in the nearby mixed cuisine restaurants in Malasaña.
The whole place feels very cut and paste, with little passion or homemade items.

Pros: Vegan food, Nice staff

Cons: No atmosphere, Low value for money, Average food

i love it - Edit

love this place.

De la mejor comida vegana que he probado en Madrid, muy hogareña, precios asequibles, el menú esta super bien de opciones y precio y los postres riquísimos. Lo único extraño es una de sus camareras que hay que armarse de paciencia, pero cuando la conoces hasta la coges afecto!

Pros: Todo vegan, sin sorpresas , Céntrico , Aceptan todo tipo de cheques

Cons: Si no reservas posiblemente te tocará esperar, El servicio a vecea puede ser un poco caótico

Absolutely loved it!! - Edit

Seitan balls, salad, courgettes and stuffed zucchini were all very good however the best part was the chocolate cake which was hands down the best chocolate cake I have ever had. Staff were super friendly and the place had a beautiful atmosphere.

Pros: Excellent food , Lovely staff , great atmosphere

Cons: May be a bit hard to find

Enjoyable Dinner - Edit

This was one of the nicer Loving Hut restaurants we have visited. We went for dinner one night, and had the veggie burger & fires, and seitan balls & rice. Servers were helpful and friendly, price was inexpensive and the food was very tasty. The food isn't going to blow your mind, but it is good, and sometimes you just need a good veggie burger!

Pros: Good food, Inexpensive, Friendly staff

Tasty and Loving Hut - Edit

We had been there twice and tried set-lunches and both times we left full, happy and relaxed.
They serve international cuisine so we tried variety of soups (cream of corn, japanese wakame&tofu clear soup, cream of tomato, cream of spinach&patato) every single one was full of flavour and perfectly spiced. Our personal favourites: corn and tomato creams. Main were seitan&tofu curry (a MUST try), fake fish and veg, soy meat with aubergine, peas and peppers, all served with brown rice. Fake fish was absolutely delicious, curry stole our tastebuds, especially deep fried tofu in curry dish was exquisite. For dessert we had warm apple strudel again perfectly spiced with a dash of cinnamon. Staff very nice and polite, spoke good English which is not often found in restaurants. The best Loving Hut we were in. Definitely for regular eats! Set lunch price 10,5 euro/person.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staffr, good portions

I would go back if there was no other choice. - Edit

The waitresses are very friendly, but the interior decor was a bit too minimalistic and bright for my taste. The food was good, but nothing special. The portions could have been a bit larger too. I had the day's menu for 10.50€ and had the choice between three dishes for each course. I chose an algae soup as starter, a seitan vegetable curry as main dish, a strawberry mousse and a soda.

Cons: Nothing is organic., Big restaurant chain

A vegan option in Madrid - Edit

I've only tried take-out a couple of times because I live nearby and the place is too bright and doesn't feel very inspiring. The food is ok, at least is vegan, but flavours have been tweaked to please everyone's palate. As a result, the ethnic dishes turn out to be a bit bland like curries not being spicy or aromatic enough.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 30, 2015

Pros: It's vegan

always a good idea - Edit

Loving Hut in Madrid is very tasty. I expected asian food but they mostly have Burgers, Burritos etc, so "normal" vegan fast food. But it was very good and the service was awesome. The prices also were okay.

Pros: location, staff, tasty

All smiles! - Edit

I went with a non-vegan friend. I had spaghetti which was delicious, and my friend had curry. For dessert we shared fruit cake, chocolate cake and strawberry ice cream. We were both completely full and very satisfied, and both of us most impressed with the lady who served us, who was very friendly and engaging. My friend was very surprised at how good the food was, and for my the whole place was perfect.

Pros: friendliness, desserts, service

Tasty and reasonably priced - Edit

During our long-weekend stay in Madrid, we ate here three times. Each time, we had the "menu del dia", which gave a choice of starter, main, dessert, and drink.

We chose the soups for starters (tasty, if somewhat saltier than we'd prefer). Mains were varied, using seitan and tofu. The curries were our favourite. They also adapted some food to cater for my fussiness. Dessert was from the chilled cabinet: muffins or a kind of mousse.

We arrived early each time (being Brits and wanting lunch early!) so it didn't seem too busy, though it livened up as the lunchtime progressed.

One of the owners speaks good English. Premises are smart and clean.

Recommended!

Pros: Tasty, Reasonably priced, Varied

Cons: None I can think of

Delicious Vegan Food - Edit

Delicious vegan food in Madrid. Went several times while visiting in Madrid. Was always happy, satisfied & nourished. Inspired dishes with the daily specials well priced.

Pros: great food, good service, good location

Nice food, excellent service - Edit

Huge place with many tables and a tv if you want to watch a game... Food is nice and the staff super friendly. I'd go back anytime.

Pros: Food choice, Friendly staff

Great Spot! - Edit

We had lunch today with my dos , food was really good and the daily menu ver y reasonable for Madrid. My girl got a dish of tofu and seitan and lots of nice words from the team and other customers. We will come back.

Pros: Dogs Allowed, Price, Location

Cons: Maybe Too Much Unfermented Soy

Delicious food, fully vegan, great staff - Edit

I've come here twice for lunch and taken both times the daily menu: starter, main dish, dessert and drink for 10,50 (13,50 on weekends)! Everything is 100% vegan and freshly made. The portions are enough, even if you are very hungry.

The staff - especially the old woman - are very nice and polite.

Definitely a must in Madrid if you're vegan/vegetarian! Great location next to Plaza de España.

Pros: Fresh and delicious food, Big portions, Daily menu at a very reasonable price

Genuino y original - Edit

Es la segunda vez que voy a un restaurante 100% vegano y puedo reafirmarme en que ser vegano no es sinónimo de pasar hambre o comer platos aburridos como algunos omnivoros creen. De hecho fui con mi novio que (de momento) es omnivoro, y alucinó con las texturas y sabores. Riquisimos los nuggets de "pollo" (de soja) y las albóndigas de mijo. El servicio encantador y el lugar aunque no es extremadamente acogedor, es amplio y cómodo. Y la situación también es muy buena. Una pega... quizá los precios podrían ser algo mas bajos, pero la calidad es exquisita.
La información disponible a la entrada del restaurante también la encontré muy útil para aquel que quiera iniciarse en el mundo del veganismo.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 19, 2014

Pros: variedad, situación, servicio

Cons: arroz no integral

Lovely sit-down meal - Edit

I really enjoyed this place. On of the first proper sit down all veg restaurants I've been in. A little expensive by Spanish standards though.

Me he gustado mucho este local. Uno de los poco resturantes 100% vegan que era un resturante de verdad. Pero un poco caro para mi.

Pros: delisious, friendly staff, sit-down, table service

Delicious meals - Edit

I love this restaurant: the staff is very friendly, the food delicious and there are many options to choose from. The desserts are amazing too. Everything is fairly priced, cheaper if you go on a week day.

The only con is that they sometimes take too long to serve.

Pros: Delicious!, Well priced, Variety of options

Worth A Visit! - Edit

This restaurant is wonderful. The staff is lovely and speak English. The food is delicious. They have a special were you can get an appetizer, main course, and dessert for 10 euros which is definitely worth your time.

Great place!! - Edit

We stopped here for some tea and dessert. It was probably the best chocolate cake I ever had! We also had an orange juice with ginger that was very delicious.
The staff was super friendly and polite. Will highly recommend.

Pros: Well located, Clean, Yummy

Varied and cheap! - Edit

The loving hut had a variety of different food types-I had previously been to one in London that served only Chinese food, whereas in Madrid they had a mix of pan-Asian and also European foods.
The restaurant was bright and spacious but was almost empty when we were there, so not the greatest atmosphere. The staff were friendly and could speak pretty good English.

We had spring rolls for starters, which were good and pretty standard. For mains we ordered a mushroom stir fry and spaghetti bolognase, both of which were tasty and decent sized portions. We had an apple strudel for dessert, and although it was nice to have the choice of a dessert, it was only OK really.

Pros: Good mix of food types, Good value

Cons: Not a great atmosphere, Not as central as some options

Wonderful crepes! - Edit

I visit Loving Hut back in July of this year. Their restaurant was very neat and clean. The employees were friendly and pleasant to interact with. I ordered a crepe for an entree and was more than happy! It was absolutely delicious. For desert I ordered a slice of carrot cake which was just as tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, vegans and non-vegans alike.

Great food - awesome service - Edit

We went there for lunch. The menu had so many lovely things to offer and we couldn't decide so we went for the €10.50 lunch deal: appetizer, main course, dessert and drink. We chose gazpacho, seitan curry and pudding. The gazpacho and seitan curry were lovely. I was quite full so I didn't finish the pudding and I believe it could've been better. The waitress was very helpful (she translated the ingredients to my husband who doesn't speak Spanish) and friendly. The restaurant is clean and the quotes on the wall are interesting to read.

Pros: great food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: pudding - not my cup of tea

barely satisfactory - Edit

Great menu, nice clean place. However the food was only OK. Undercooked soy protein and only mediocre cooking. Super slow service as well. Considering its a vegan restaurant one block away we should want to return but we won't. Maybe other items on the extensive menu are better...

Pros: all vegan , large menu

Cons: mediocre food, slow service

Meh - Edit

I walked in here to get take-out and I was a bit put off by the environment of the restaurant. It's too bright, and there are videos on loop of the leader of their philosophy. The hamburger I got was delicious, but I expected more since their prices are really high for Madrid. I had tried Loving Hut in Valencia, and loved their options, but Madrid's menu is quite small in comparison

Pros: delicious, take-out

Cons: freaky place, expensive, not that many options

Varied menu, very friendly - Edit

I found Loving Hut Madrid to be a very pleasant dining experience.

The service was very warm and attentive, and i had the feeling they really wanted me to be happy, which i very much appreciate. Good vibes.

The menu was impressively diverse, featuring Asian and Spanish items. I had the menú del día and found it satisfying and good value.

Will certainly return next time i'm in Madrid.

Pros: Very warm service, 100% vegan, Menú del día is great value

Quite expensive with small portions but all vegan - Edit

I always thought that Loving Hut's were meant to be good value/cheap? Well, this place certainly isn't. For just under 11 euros for a main course, that is really quite a small portion, I found it rather expensive. The curry I had was nice but there just wasn't enough of it, especially at that price. My husband's Spaghetti Bolognese was a tiny bit cheaper but was very salty/oily and for some reason the top had been sprinkled with dried herbs. Fresh herbs would have worked but dried just isn't nice. I had an Apple Strudel for dessert (much of the dessert menu wasn't available) and it was nice enough but again not too large. With one glass of mineral water and one glass of fruit juice the bill came to just under thirty euros which I felt was far too high for just two mains, two drinks and one dessert with such small portions.
The restaurant is bright and clean and the staff friendly and spoke good English but the price is just too high for what it is.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly Staff

Cons: Expensive, Small Portions, Salty/Oily Food

no organic whole-foods!!!!! - Edit

i was disappointed when the lady told me that they are using white rice instead of brown, so i ordered mushroom and tofu pancake and coconut soup - it was really tasty, although i had my doubts about grain and oil used for the pancake (my stomach felt it couple of hours later). this place should not sell for something it is not. at 15:00 it went totally crowded and staff totally panicky. also, it irritated me how noisy the place become.

Pros: large plates, delicious cakes

Cons: noisy, confused staff, no organic, whole-food

So glad to have one here! - Edit

I come from California which also has a chain of Loving Huts so I was pleasantly surprised to see one here was well. The menu has good variety but can be average or moderately priced. The food doesn't disappoint though. The workers were also friendly and can speak decent English as well. I've been here two times so far and both experiences were positive.

Pros: Good food, Location is easy to access, Friendly workers

Cons: Can be moderately priced for students

wonderful place! - Edit

i was there for dinner a few days ago and thinking about it makes me hungry again... it was such a lovely place! the women were nice, warm and so happy to see us. the interior maybe isnt as cosy as i would like it to be, but otherwise we wouldnt have left anymore ;) the card offers you a lot of dishes, everything sounds tasty and after ordering you are not disappointed! i had little seaweed rolls, i dont remember the name anymore but they were just delicious! like everything that we ordered. in the end we spent about 40 euros (2person), we had 3 courses, a drink and afterwards we felt like exploding. so when i will be in madrid again next week i will have to try ALL the other dishes ;)

Pros: delicious, very nice service, huge variety

Cons: difficult to choose between all the good

best lunch in Madrid - Edit

... I had here. Really delicious stuff, full variety to be chosen, all vegan. And really nice and helpful staff, ordering in english was no problem. The price is fine for what you get (two dishes, dessert or cafe, bread and water). The only thing that was weird is that I had to ask for the menu of the day, it was not listed in the menu.

Pros: friendly, good, reasonable price

Loving hut - lovely food! - Edit

I went there with my husband on our last day in Madrid, I was surprized with the price, cheaper than I thought, we had two daily menu for 20€ in total, it's listed as moderate but I think that's inexpensive for what we had!
The menu included appetizer, main dish, dessert and a drink.
We both tried the herbal coke as drink and liked it!
As appetizer we had a cold leek soup wich was really yummy and a salad, wich was just a salad, not special. The main dishes were a delicious curry with seitan, tofu and veggies that was really tasty and some noodles with tofu wonderfully spiced, we really enjoyed both of them.
The desserts were also nice, we got a chocolate pudding and a apple strudel.
The staff was really kind and helpful, always smiling and making sure we understood what they were saying to us, the environment is also nice, clean and light.
The only no-no was the waiting time, he had about one hour before heading to the airport, we thought it was going to be more than enough for a daily menu (they're supposed to have it ready, no?) but in the end dessert was not coming and we were going without having it, so they rushed to serve it to us but despite it tasted good we just ate it fast without really enjoying it as we were really really late!
Overall we really liked everything, just don't go there if you're on a rush!

Pros: delicious!!, inexpensive, kind staff

Cons: slow service

Very nice meal - Edit

I came here and had the soy burger along French fries and a special cola with special herbs or something. The burger and fries were good, but nothing special. I quite liked the cola though it might not be so much different from the ordinary Coca Cola (which unhealthy me is also fond of) .

For dessert, I had the carrot cake which was topped with almonds and had strawberry jam in it. A real treat, which I can warmly recommend.

Finally, the staff are extremely friendly and speak English with no problems (though I feel feel somewhat ashamed for not speaking Spanish).

All in all, I would definitely come back, mostly for the desserts and maybe also for trying a property vegetable main course and not a veganized dish the next time (but different food for different mood).

Pros: Friendly staff , Nice desserts

Excellent restaurant! - Edit

One of the best meals we have had anywhere. Everything we had was fresh and delicious, and well priced. Service was fast and efficient, and English is spoken well enough for no problems in communication.

Pros: excellent food, economical, large serves

Cons: opens late (like all Spanish restaurants

tasty food, not very healthy though - Edit

I've eaten at loving hut several times and I've always ordered the menu del dia. If I'm not mistaken this is cheaper on weekdays at lunch time (10 euros) then at dinner (13 euros). The menu is pretty good value for money as it includes a starter, a main, desert, a bread roll and a drink, so it should leave you satisfied.
As starters I've had the vegan caprese salad (good but small), lentil soup (more filling, but slightly lacking in flavour) and cream of mushroom (nice if you like mushrooms). As for mains, most of them come with a little mound of white rice and a small portion of stir fried vegetables.It's a shame in my opinion that they don't offer the option of wholemeal rice, and also that there is not much emphasis on vegetables.As for mains I've tried the seitan al curry, which consists of a very mild(maybe with coconut milk) curry with some fried seitan and vegetables in a pot, with white rice on the side. I've also tred the "filetitos de tofu con verdura" which consists in pieces of marinated and fried tvp with some vegetables..the last time I had this dish it came with fried aubergine, which wasn't very well done( it hadn't been salted and was incredibly oily).
For pudding I've tried flan, flan de chocolate which were both delicious and quite light. The only pudding I didn't like is the "flor de loto" pudding, a sort of rice pudding, which tasted really sugary, but of nothing else, and the texture wasn't nice either. I've tried some nice cakes which aren't included in the menu (with "cream" and fruits but they are expensive, last time if I remeber right they charged me 5 euros for 1 slice!

Pros: good value for money, tasty, nice mock meat

Cons: not very healthy, sometimes oily, no wholegrain rice

Great food, great price, atmosphere cold - Edit

We liked it very much! We had the carrot soup (great! 5€) and the croquettas (bad! 7€) for startes and then the spaghetti and fideos (carbohydrates, both for ca. 8,5€) for main course. Both were very good.
The service was good! Lovely ladies. But the atmosphere was cold like always in Spain they use horrible light!
But yes they use sugar, white noodles and white rice, definately not the best thing but hey not all are super freaky with their health.. And they don't offer alcohol which i don't understand, there are vegan options and we're always enjoying a bit of wine or beer for dinner... so sad, especially because the offered beer without alcohol wasn't tasting any good....
It's definately a great vegan restaurant, you won't get as many vegan options in any other restaurant in Madrid. So stop by if you're no too far away... They also have a menu for 13.30 a 16.30 o'clock for 13 Euros...
Ps: all the prices are of my memory so no garantee ;)

Pros: Food, price

Cons: atmosphere

DELICIOUS!!! - Edit

I had already gone to the LOVING HUT in Paris but this one is even better!!! Very clean and good place, center located and nice staff.
I never thought I would be able to eat a tortilla in Spain but thank to LOVING HUT I did and it was just A-MA-ZING!!!
I highly recommend this place to anyone willing to eat excellent (vegan) food!

Pros: Food, Clean, Location

A very good Loving Hut with interesting options - Edit

There are a wealth of interesting Asian and European options on this menu. Some with fake-meat, some just good stand alone veggie dishes.
The best thing though is the desserts! :D

Pros: range, price, seating

Cons: decor, guilt-inducing TV

Amazing food - Edit

This was my second time at a Loving Hut (first time in London).
I'm vegan and I have to say this place has the most amazing menu. Everything I've ever had has been at least really good.
The staff is friendly, the place nice and clean. And if you ignore the weird TV channel you cam enjoy a great lunch/diner.
They also have a menu del dia for 9,95euro, really cheap and plenty of food.

Pros: cheap, fantastic food, friendly staff

Cons: weird TV channel

Just lovely - Edit

We were really happy to find this place! There is lots of vegetarian food in Madrid but not so much vegan food, so to find an entirely vegan restaurant was fab. The staff are all vegan and are really warm and friendly and the food is just gorgeous, I could have eaten everything off the menu. We went back twice it was so good. I recommend the Russian salad, the sweet and sour nuggets and the chocolate cake, really yummy! Wish I could go back again tonight :0(

Pros: GREAT food, Lovely staff, So much choice!

Cons: TV playing the same video over and over, Not open Mon or Tues

not my favourite place - Edit

The place is pretty cold and I was unlucky with the dish I had chosen (kind of fake shrimps with rice. just no taste)

Pros: vegan

Cons: "hospital like" atmosphere, stupid supreme master tv

Interesante - Edit

Solo he ido una vez, por lo que hablo de mi experiencia ese día (aunque volveré a ir de nuevo).
Fuimos unas 8 personas, fuimos los primeros en entrar en el salón (estaba vacío). Empezó a llenarse la sala y solo había una persona atendiendo todas las mesas, dejándonos a nosotros esperando bastante tiempo.
Una de las cosas que nos llamó bastante la atención a todos los que íbamos era la gran pantalla de televisión sintonizado en un canal que nos dio un poco de "mal rollo".
La comida estaba buena en general, además me alegró mucho ver que no servían alcohol y que tenían una carta interesante de vinos sin alcohol.
Como he dicho anteriormente, quiero probar de nuevo.

Pros: No sirven alcohol

Cons: Servicio de mesas regular

UTILIZAN PRODUCTOS REFINADOS... - Edit

[edit by staff]
Use refined products, wheat flour, sugar, white rice, and products that I think are nothing healthy.
As I got the deck, have not cleared the table, and I have put a placemat uncleaned, putting the tablecloth to the table as he was of previous guests, the cup that I have put into the water was dirty, with the fat mark some lipstick or lip balm, or some similar substance.
the salad was cold and little fresh vegetables, you could tell they were ready, cut and in the fridge, because it did not look at all freshly cut and prepared, if not the lettuce and arugula were cold and limp, and cucumber and carrots were dry, cold and not very juicy, as it is when you cut vegetables and a salad.
On the other hand, the service leaves much to be desired, only one person attending, and attending the tables randomly, not by order of entry, giving the cold shoulder, and little explicit dishes, and noting too fast without explaining the conditions customer the ingredients of the dish.
When a customer is directed to this type of restaurant, allegedly specialized expected in the first place, by the establishment buentrato, and secondly, you do not put salads and vegetables, pack, looking so ugly, and worse taste "Not cool", and secondly, the use of flour and refined products, sugar, white rice, etc, nor does it seem very healthy to say, such as serving Coke in a vegan site !..... . I do not think very vegan drink say it! ...
And the point supueto unprofessional and unwillingness on customer service and in serving the tables.
Sampling from here, my profound disappointment with a supposed "vegan" does not honor or to the line and this trend in healthy eating, healthy, fresh and balanced, nor the price they attach to their dishes.

Cons: NO FRESH, WHEAT, SUGAR, WHITE RICE..., VERY BAD ATTENTION

worth of money - Edit

Nice staff, good food and not very expensive, almost could say that it's cheap. Although it was quite hard to find for tourist or at least for me :) Not very center located, but not that far away either.

Pros: tasty food, worth of money, nice staff

Cons: hard to find

Great Food & Staff - Edit

We ate at the Loving Hut in Madrid and very much enjoyed the food and the conversation with the friendly staff. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, healthy cuisine

good place to be - Edit

with my wife we spent twice there, a dinner and a lunch: very good food and kind people. they suggest bot classics ( such us veggy burger ) and original dishes ( from their chef ). Some one ther speack also english tha t also for us that are italian is better than speck spanih. Take cere that in Madrid lots of people in restaurants and hotel don't speack english. Desserts here very good!

Pros: food, price, enviroment

Cons: anything

Great food - Edit

It's always a delight to find a totally vegan restaurant and there was plenty of choice, so much that it took a while for our group of 4 to actually decide in what to order!
Seitan isn't common in the UK so it's always nice to visit places like Spain where it's often on the menu.
Portions were generally good (other than one of our group's mains which was more like a starter than a main, some kind of seaweed wrap with rice).
Desserts were great too, several cakes including chocolate and a good carrot cake.
Friendly staff who spoke great English.

Pros: Totally vegan, Friendly staff

Great Vegan Food! - Edit

Fantastic food! We had the "menu" and it came with a soup and bread, then the main course, a beverage, and dessert. All were delicious! One of the "menus" was was an "algas" soup, veg pineapple 'chicken' with fried rice, and a muffin. The other meal was a pumpkin soup, curried vegetables with seitan and fried tofu with fried rice, and flan for dessert. Everything was fantastic!

Pros: 100% vegan

Great Vegan food for all---even non-veggies!! - Edit

I just love the food her. It so fresh and clean and a nice atmospheric. Excellent menu for all the family, enough to suit all tastes.

Pros: pure vegan, fresh food, friendly

Cons: need more in Spain

Finally! - Edit

Finally a total vegan restaurant in Madrid and it was excellent. It's a very large restaurant and with a good menu and good service. I'm looking forward to going back several times and trying everything on the menu!
Updated from previous review on Monday November 01, 2010

Pros: vegan, friendly staff, lots of tables

Cons: none so far

Nice Staff, Good Food. - Edit

Well when I found out we were going to madrid, I thought, yay there is bound to be plenty of veg options at the resturants and yay there is a loving hut. Well little did i know that many veg options in madrid are either fish or huge amounts of unavoidable eggs (like tortilla), so after the third day i said to my husband, Im dragging you to the loving hut. We got there and they were closed (it was a sunday) but as we peered in we saw somebody and he was so nice to go to the back door an answered our questions. He even said if we go there earlier he would have made us something. He was VERY nice. Luckily we didnt have to catch our plane til later the next day so we went back. the waitress was very nice and everybody spoke a little english. Everything I thought was pretty good. I was a little disappointed that the menu wasnt as extensive as the loving hut that was have in san diego but everything was alright and good priced. Between my husband and I was had a tofu salad, large bottle of water, tea, soup, fried spring rolls, crepes, and a cheese cake. I think we paid less than thirty euro for it.

Pros: all vegan, nice staff, nice price

Cons: closed sundays (normal for spain?)

Loving Hut - Edit

Food:- Purely Vegan food
Atmosphere and surroundings:- clean but feels too clinical - could do with some ambient lighting and more dinning privacy
Service:- friendly and helpful
Overall:- newest veggie restaurant in Madrid and its completely vegan which saves me asking the usual "cream and cheese" question. Just wish they could put more thought into the dinning experience and those TV with the "save the plant and the universe programs" that run continuously is not what I am looking for when chomping down on my soya burger.
Rating:- 7/10

Pros: Purely Vegan, friendly / helpfull

Cons: No atmosphere

A little disappointed... - Edit

Theres a Loving hut in my home town that is awesome so I was expecting good things from this place (although I realise that all loving huts are very different from eachother). I really don't want to be negative about this place, but we found the food really greasy. I had some noodles with some veg and fake meat, and boyfriend had a burrito. The same sauce filling was used for the burrito and for the noodles, not very imaginative, and grease was dripping out of his burrito. However, we had just spent the last two days eating all you can eat from Shi Shang so maybe we were just greased out?
The food was cheapish - think maybe we paid 8 euros for each dish (which I don't think is that cheap)- but you can pay a bit more and get some really decent food from the other vege places.
I feel so bad for giving a bad review, but this was our experience. We only had those two dishes, so maybe the others were different?

Good points - the staff were really nice and friendly. When they ignored us for the first five minutes while they talked to their friends, they did apologise.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Greasy

Best food I've had in Spain - Edit

The food looked good, they paid attention to the presentation at least more than the vegetarian restaurants in the area; but most importantly the food tasted great, creative and inspiring.

Pricewise the place was actually cheaper than the neighboring vegetarian restaurants, yet another reason to try this place. Don't be put off by the very light and slightly sterile interieur, it might seem too clean, but it works.

If you're in the area I highly recommend you try this place!

Pros: Great taste, Clean, Good prices

Cons: Too sterile interieur

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Madrid closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11712 times since Jul 2010.