Loving Hut Express - Food Cart

Contact 070-631-500

Koprska ulica 72, Ljubljana, Slovenia,

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. This one is a food cart that serves vegan food and drinks. Has kebabs, falafel, goulash, spring rolls, rice dishes, noodles. Previously parked at Askerceva 12-18. Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm Closed on holidays.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by hokusai77

Quick and tasty food - Edit

As all Loving Hut food, it is delicious! The staff were very friendly, social and open-minded. We got our food very quick. We sat outside during winter, which was quite nice actually.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food

Love it! - Edit

I love Loving Hut. Yes, the food is deep fried, yes it might have been frozen before, but it's very tasty, both Asian and European dishes.

I've tried their vegan fish-burger, which is TVP with a sheet of nori for fishy flavour, French salad (a misnomer, it's salad Olivier better known as Russian salad), kung pao (their rice is whole grain), spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce, and vegbab (vegan kebab), and everything was tasty. (I could swear I've also tried a steak which was only fried, not breaded, but can't find it on their website.) I have also tried their tiramisu, but, since vegan ladyfingers can't be bought in Slovenia, it's prepared with caramelised biscuits, the aroma of which is a bit overwhelming. Several condiments are available, including sriracha.

The restaurant is a van with a few outdoor tables. It's out of the city centre, away from tourist attractions, but it's worth the visit. I wouldn't, however, suggest walking there, it's 3 km from the city centre.

Pros: very tasty, inexpensive, very friendly staff

Cons: location, too few desserts, plastic cutlery

nice! - Edit

Tempting menu, excellent food, generous servings.
If you are lucky with the weather you can eat on a few small tables distributed around the stall.

Pros: excellent food, good value, generous servings

Cons: only a few outside tables

friendly homey food - Edit

My boyfriend and I have been here a few times - the food is not amazing but it's decent and all vegan! Our favorite is the wienerschnitzel (Dunajski zrezek), good in a fried way. Also had a very nice squash soup once, and the falafel and burger are also recommended. Chow mein a bit greasy. Tiramisu is pretty good.

The current location is inconvenient if you don't have a car ... but if you do and need a quick lunch, it's a good place to go.

Pros: Friendly, decent portions, decent prices

Cons: No indoor seating, a bit slow

First time visit - Edit

Me and my friends visited this place for the first time and we all really liked the food. We tried Spring Rolls, Chow Mein and Rainbow Rice. It was tasty and not too greasy. I guess it is a minus that this place is out of city center. But it's still worth driving there from time to time. =)

Pros: food, fast prepared, helpful people

Cons: location, no indoor seating

long walk, good food - Edit

Loving Hut Ljubljana is the only vegan place in the city so I just had to try it. It was quite a walk from the city-center to the Hut, (which is located near a shopping mall) but it was worth it. I had a "fish"burger with French salad and for desert tiramisu and a apple with cream tiramisu like desert. All tasted good. They also have soups (goulash) wok, falafel and kebab.

Pros: good food, vriendly (English speaking) staff, cheap

Cons: location

Vegan mmm! - Edit

Slovenia finally has got a vegan place! I really like Loving Hut, especially since they got raw balls and raw chocolate as sweets:) I recommend vegbab (vegan kebab) and chow mein (noodles with vegetables and tofu) which I have most of the time. These two things are simply SO good I hardly order anything else though you won't be disappointed with anything! You can eat there, they have a few tables outside if you don't like "take away" option. Enjoy! ;)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, raw vegan options

Cons: location not in the center, too few salads

Vegan stall - Edit

Not a restaurant, but a stall for take-away, with plenty of options ranging from Chinese food to vegan versions of traditional Eastern European dishes. I had the rice stew, which was a bit greasy but good, the seitan kebab (wonderful), and a not-so-amazing tiramisu.

Pros: cheap, friendly staff

Cons: take away only

Return to Ljubljana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut Express - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3514 times since Feb 2011.