CLOSED: Loving Hut - Kennesaw

• Vegan

Contact 770-429-0666

2700 Town Center Dr, Ste 136 (at Barret Parkway), Kennesaw, Georgia, USA, 30144

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Delivery, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Juliette83

Super friendly owner - Edit

This was the first time I visited a Loving Hut. The food is Asian. There is a lot of soy in the dishes. I asked the chef to omit the soy due to my allergy. It was no problem. I ordered three things off the menu: The guru curry, holy eggplant and bok choy. All were delightful. :-)

Someone commented that they thought the cable channel selected on the television might scare or offend non vegetarians. I disagree. I do not think my friends would have been offended by the environmental news broadcast or the segment on animal poaching.

Updated from previous review on Monday June 11, 2012

Pros: vegan, inexpensive, proceeds help animals

Great food - Edit

While visiting Kennesaw, I stopped in at the local Loving Hut Vegan restaurant. The owner and two cooks were very kind and accommodating. I felt very welcome there. I have several food allergies: soy, all beans, all grains, gluten, peanuts, eggs, cayenne pepper, and milk. I did not go hungry. :-) The chef whipped me up a delightful meal without any problem and served it with a wonderful smile.

Part of the proceeds of each meal purchased go towards helping animals. I am delighted to use my pocketbook to aid animal welfare organizations.

Pros: very friendly, vegan, accomodating

Loved it! Great intro to veg eating. - Edit

This post is both a review of Loving Hut, & a rebuttal to the first 2 reviews. First of all, in full disclosure, I am extremely new to vegetarian/vegan eating, so I have little to compare this restaurant to; however, as a tentative newbie, I found the place to be fantastic. I'm sure there are places with more expansive and imaginative menus, but this place offered a variety of good tasting food, decent portions (I'm a big guy & I left satisfied), at great prices.

In response to the claims that the menu is too bland and too expensive, I found the food to be very tasteful, & there are only 2 menu items that are over $10 ($10.95 to be exact). That being said, perhaps I am too new to the club to have refined my palette, &/or to know what the price levels should be (but try matching that @ another restaurant). As to the "non-veg friendliness" of the restaurant, all I can say is that you should know better. Believe me, the TV broadcasting would be the least of their concerns. Bringing non-veg family/friends to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant is like them bringing you to a BBQ cook-off or Brazilian steakhouse...it just shouldn't be done.

In response to the claim that this is not a vegan restaurant, who knows, perhaps it's not as vegan as vegan can be, though I doubt it. There are 2 possibilities here...(1) a vegan opened a restaurant from a global vegan chain, but did not know what vegan dietary requirements are (which are pretty clear & easy to follow), or (2) a non-vegan masquerading as a vegan opened a restaurant from a global vegan chain to capitalize on a trend &/or niche, & decided to cut corners by buying using non-vegan ingredients, but left the non-vegan ingredients out for their vegan customers to see. Both are possible, but not plausible. Also, as to the claim that the workers were rude, maybe they had a bad day b/c I found them to be extremely pleasant...almost to the point of being weird.

Again, I can't speak to the veg purists & the more refined veg palettes out there, but I found it to be a great introduction to veg eating...and that is the reason I wanted to respond to the other reviews. Not to criticize the others, but veg eating is not easy, especially for people like me who love tasty animals, so I want to make sure that good restaurants get all the good publicity they can. I highly recommend it, and will be going back.

Pros: Great prices, Excellent food, Variety

Not really a vegan restaurant - Edit

This place uses a bread that isn't vegan, it's a store bought Kroger bread, that has milk and animal fats in it. I pointed this out, and they told me I was a lair, I walked out.
I want to give it one cow, but it says I can only give it two plus. that's kinda bias!

Cons: not really vegan, rude workers, workers can't understand what vegan is

Not Enough Love for the Loving Hut 2 - Edit

I accidentally happened upon this vegan restaurant in Kennesaw recently. My husband and I had similar opinions: great place for vegans but not the place you bring your non-vegetarian friends because of the television broadcasting could easily intimidate non-veggies. My husband enjoyed the food but I found it bland, boring, and too salty. I also found it to be too expensive for the price. With that said, it is still a great place for vegans and their efforts to embrace the natural is worth complimenting. I did enjoy one of their vegan cakes but it was really just full of sugar.

Pros: 100% vegan, Beautiful atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: Bland food, Overpriced, Intimidating environment for non-vegetar

Return to Kennesaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Kennesaw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 454 times since Jun 2010.