CLOSED: Loving Hut -JungAng

• Vegan

Contact 064-759-6113

1387-3 Ido 1-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea,

Address in Korean is 제주시 이도1동 1387-3 1층. Part of an international chain of vegan restaurants. Serves Korean and Western food. Friendly staff speaks English and Chinese. Sells vegan snacks, bread and instant noodles. Also offers free self-service wholegrain bread. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan, Western, Korean

First Review by ahkow

Lovely owner and good food! - Edit

Very easy to find. We were the only ones in there so the atmosphere was very relaxing and peaceful, perfect for a Sunday afternoon after a long morning of sightseeing.

The menu is decent and offers a selection of dishes. I went for the big burger and my partner the fried noodles. The burger was actually BIG! I was so happy as I was starving and it did not disappoint. The food was served with some complimentary side dishes which is very common in Korean cuisine.

My partner enjoyed her noodles which was also a good helping. Infact, it was slightly too much for her but the owner came over and highly recommended mopping up the last of the noodles and sauce with a piece of his wholewheat bread. We obliged and it was very tasty.

As we were catching a ferry later on that day we ordered a couple sandwiches to go. He gave us a couple free bread rolls as a thank you which was very generous and the sandwiches went down a treat on the long ferry crossing.

Would definitely come here again when visiting Jeju.

Pros: Fast service, Lovely, friendly owners, Peaceful atmosphere

Cons: Mosquitos

Best food in two weeks korea - Edit

After travelling two weeks in a rather meat-focused country, my friend and I googled loving hut during our stay in jeju. We were sceptic about a pure vegan place, being vegetarian, but impressed and incredibly satisfied with the amazing food. It tasted fresh, full of vitamines, pashion for good food and really tasty. Best food since we came to South Korea. The atmosphere is also very nice and the staff suuuuuuuper friendly. Price/value is awesome.

There were too many mosquitos, maybe thats part of being friendly with animals to not kill them, but there should be friendly ways to keep them away.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 26, 2015

Pros: Food, Price, Staff

Cons: Mosquitos

Very nice owner, good food - Edit

The restaurant is nice and a close car ride from the airport. The owner was very nice and social. We had two filling Korean dishes. Since we were staying in a place with a kitchenette, we purchased several items to go: instant noodles, bread, cereal and soy milk. The cereal was delicious and we wished we had purchased another bag. The bread was filled with red bean paste and was also delicious. We had it while hiking Mt. Hallasan. The noodles were easy to prepare and had good quality ingredients.

Pros: Tasty Korean vegan dishes, Groceries available for purchase, English-speaking owner

Definitely coming back - Edit

During our 3 weeks in South Korea, we visited many vegan restaurants, 5 of them from the Loving Hut chain, and I must say - this one was the best. Small and cozy place, very delicious food (rice roll was amazing) and gorgeous staff! I don't know if that was the owner, the main cook or both, but the guy there was so friendly, and smiley, and helpful!
I must admit that I rarely write reviews, but this place deserves 6 cows :)

Pros: Lovely staff, Tasty tasty

Lovely Restaurant - Edit

The restaurant was a bit small but lovely. Free whole-meal bread are provided. They also carry vegan snacks, burger can, bread, instant noodles. Order the vietnamese rice roll only when you have 3 or more diners, don't get me wrong, it was delicious but the portion was too much for two of us :) Staff were nice. They spoke Korean and Chinese and also recommended other vegetarian restaurants to us.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Nice food, Free whole-meal bread

Return to Jeju-do Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut -JungAng closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1988 times since Dec 2011.