CLOSED: Loving Hut - Jeju

24, Yeonmun 4-gil, Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea

Food served from 12pm. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Previously at 1291-18, Nohyung-dong. Confirmed closed April 2017.

Categories: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Asian, Korean

First Review by DanielRoehrig

So yummy - Edit

This place is teeny tiny, and so is the menu, but it's well worth the trade off because the food was awesome. It was probably the best bibimbop I've had since I've been in Korea! (And I've had a lot!) The soy burger was also delicious. Even my non vegan (picky about vegan food) husband was impressed. The lady was very nice, everything was very clean and bright, and it was very reasonably priced. I can't say enough about this place. I wish I could bring it home with me.

Pros: Delicious, Good prices, Good service

A good experience in Jeju Loving Hut - Edit

On my travel to Jeju with my fiance, we visited this nice, cozy diner. The place looked very friendly and clean. The owner was also cordial and caring enough to voluntarily offer an extra bowl of rice and side dishes for free to fill up two travelers' hunger. We ordered a burger, salad with cutlet and soft tofu stew (soondoobu). The veggies were fresh and the dressing tasted really good: fruity, sweet, but not too sweet, and light. I didn't like the deep-fried soy protein cutlet though since it was fatty. While the burger was just okay, which was made with whole wheat buns and soy protein patty, its soft tofu stew was really nice; it was pleasantly spicy, not overly salty, and hearty enough to make you feel like you’re having a home-made meal. The radish kimchi was crisp and refreshing. The restaurant was also selling a variety of vegan food products. The menu had 9 or 10 different dishes, some had names while others just had pictures. While waiting for your food you can watch the lady cooking the dishes you ordered, scurrying here and there to serve you a freshly cooked meal as quick as possible, thanks to the open kitchen. I had a really good time there, and I would love to go back~! :D

2 Responses

pyhoh 11 Jun 2016 - Hi, Thanks for your recent review. How are the prices there? Can I check if the address that you have visited is the one reflected in happycow i.e. 24, Yeonmun 4-gil, Jeju-si, Jeju-do? Thank you.

Emomeow 12 Jun 2016 - Pyhoh, the prices are very reasonable, I posted a recent version of the menu in the photo section (although when we went in April they offered a few dishes that weren't on this menu). The address on Happy Cow is correct, but be careful if you are using a different map app to search for Loving hut on Jeju as it could lead you to the address of the old store.

Our Favourite Loving Hut - Edit

This is the smallest Loving Hut we have encountered so far but it's by far the nicest one. They only have like four options and with eight people the restaurant should be well filled, but the host/waitress/cook is really nice although she doesn't speak English. The portions are big, the food is tasty and cheap. They have a small shop and it seems to be frequented more by locals than by tourists. If you are in the area I would suggest going there.

Pros: Lovely, great food, cheap, atmosphere

Cons: Small, little to chose from

Return to Jeju-do Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Jeju closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.