CLOSED: Loving Hut - Huntington Beach

• Vegan

Contact 714-962-6449

19891 Brookhurst St, Huntington Beach, California, USA, 92646

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Casual and small. Confirmed closed, Jan 2015.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Taiwanese, Vietnamese

First Review by Shalex4

Great Vegan Food Off The Pier - Edit

Food was amazing. We got the "fish" tacos and the teriyaki "chicken". The smoothies and the juices were also very good. I give this 4 stars only because service seemed a bit too slow. That could be because of how crowded it is with the Surfing competition in town though.

Consistently Great Experience - Edit

Loving Hut on Brookhurst (at corner of Adams) in Huntington Beach provides a consistently great experience. There is nothing fancy about the place, so if you're looking for that you may be disappointed, but I am usually looking for 4 keys things: good vegan food, friendly service, clean environment and reasonable price - Loving Hut delivers all 4 every time. I have never had anything that disappointed; always delectable. I recommend anything; my husband would say to go with the burgers.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Fairly large portions, Delicious!!!

Cons: Parking can be challenging, Ambiance is not great, but is okay

Stoked! - Edit

This was my first time using Happy Cow and I'm sToked! We found a new favorite place to eat. Sweet service, delectable menu items and cute "veducational" decor. See you again soon Loving Hut!

Great place! - Edit

The few times that I've been here, the service has always been excellent an the food is just as wonderful. It's always nice to be able to get such great food at such an affordable price. They never disappoint!

Tasty, Affordable, Purpose-Driven - Edit

The staff was warm and friendly, the food came out quick, the Green Mongolian (w/ veggie chicken) was excellent! I was so satisfied, but wanted more, so then ordered the Pad Thai (which was alright). All the while a tv screen played a loop of environmentally friendly and vegetarian-promoting clips and slideshows. The portions and quality of food are great for the price, will definitely eat there again.

Pros: Tasty, Affordable, Proactive

Typical Great Loving Hut! - Edit

All the power to all of the Loving Huts and followers of the Supreme Master. If you don't appreciate what is being shown on TV, don't watch it. However, watching it may enlighten you. If you think that you know it all already, you probably don't. When you are fully enlightened, you can only in good conscience eat as a vegan, and this Loving Hut is a great place to eat. I was visiting from Michigan, and I ate here twice. The meals and appetizers were great, but the desserts were over the top.

Cute Little Vegan Spot - Edit

I ate here with my fiance once and the food was great! It's a small little cafe but they have a ton of food choices! I can't wait to come back.

Pros: Vegan, Lots of food choices

Loving Hut - Edit

I was visiting my mom & took her here for dinner. Small but friendly service. The food was great!! We shared the Fresh Srping rolls, Raw salad, Sweet & Sour Divine, Fabulous PHO, & the Thai iced tea. We had cheesecake to go. The food was so good.

Pros: Fabulous service, healthy dishes, great atmosphere

Asian Vegan Goodness - Edit

I got the Lemongrass Beauty and BBQ Sandwich. Both were really good though I liked the BBQ best, which was only $4.50! Better than the average Asian Vegan restaurant. Very nice cashier as well.

Pros: Inexpensive, BBQ Sandwhich

Super Good! - Edit

You want a great meal this is by far the place to be. Not only is the food EXCELLENT, but I like the variety of food they offer. Good luck in choosing what to eat since everything looks good. Keep in my mind this includes dessert. I enjoyed that even more. Especially the whip cream it was delicious. The atmosphere is great. Treat yourself and come here.

~Beautiful food, beautiful energy~ - Edit

My experience at Loving Hut was absolutely beautiful! First off, the food was deliciously priced, and tasted magnificent! The adorable lady who ran the restaurant couldn't have been more kind and I recommend the Cassava Cake if you're in the mood for dessert. A nice place to take some friends and share a pot of tea~

Pros: Delicious food, Wondeful prices, Cassava Cake

Cons: none

Loving the Hut! - Edit

What a great blessing to have The Loving Hut in Huntington Beach! We eat here several times a week. The staff are the sweetest and most appreciative in town. The food is so fresh and delicious!
I hope many, many people discover this little jewel! We love it!

Pros: Great food, Great price, Staff like family

Great food and a bad idea - Edit

I've eaten at Loving Hut six or seven times and am working through the menu hoping to try everything. I have enjoyed each dish (I had the Kung Pao twice - my favorite so far) and I love the simple elegance of the presentation. I also like that the owners haven't named their dishes after the corresponding meat dish. The staff are friendly and personable. The fly in the tofu however, is the continually televised Supreme Master TV. In my most recent visit they aired a truly hideous documentary on animal cruelty that included graphic images of boxes of dead kittens and dying dogs. This is not what I want to see during dinner (or any other time). It was disgusting.

I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant's food but the ambiance leaves a lot to be desired. If you are at all squeamish, order take out and sit facing away from the big screen while you're waiting. The food will not disappoint.

Pros: excellent food, nice people, good value

Cons: Supreme Master TV, axes to grind

YUM!!! - Edit

We had never been to a Loving Hut until we visted this new location. The food was better than expected and the portions are generous for the price. The menu has a lot of standard asian dishes, but with more flavor than you usualy find (such as carmelized onions in the spring rolls!). The menu also featured a burger and sweet potato fries! Friendly staff and clean. If the large TV broadcasting the supreme master channel isnt a bother, then its a very pleasant dining experience. I hope this loving hut gets a lot of business. please go and eat there!! Support 100% vegan eateries!!!

Return to Huntington Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Huntington Beach closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3849 times since Dec 2009.