CLOSED: Loving Hut - Honolulu Pensacola St

Contact 808-626-5626

1102 Pensacola St, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 96814

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving vegan food and non-alcoholic beverages. Each location is individual family owned. JUN 30, 2015 LAST DAY PER ITS WEB MSSG. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Princess_Peachy

Better Options Nearby - Edit

We tried this location since the Loving Hut on King Street was closed. The reviews stating overcooked food were accurate. The place also did not seem clean or well kept. Regrettably, Eden on Earth on the Fort Street Mall had the same menu and unkempt appearance as this place. Highly recommend the other Loving Hut on King Street to either locarion

Pros: Hours of Operation

Cons: Not clean, disappointing presentation, overcooked

A friendly family runs this... - Edit

...bare bones, minimal operation. I had lemongrass tofu which was light, refreshing with seasoning that was subtle and complex. The spring rolls weren't fried in oil that was hot enough so they were extremely greasy. I also tried the raw spring rolls. They were light and filled with veggies. The peanut sauce was too thick and too heavy for them so I requested the spicy soy sauce instead which worked well. The ginger lemonade needed more ginger which they were happy to add. The brownie was chewy and chocolatey. The service is slow, as was mentioned in other reviews, but I think that's because when you order the food they start cooking. There's just a mother and father in the back doing the best they can. The food we didn't like we didn't eat and the father was conscientious enough to ask why. So he could improve, he said. If you're looking for fine dining you're in the wrong place, but it's worth stopping in for a quick vegan bite to eat.

Pros: some of it is very tasty, the family is friendly and accommodating

Cons: a little expensive for the serving size

not worth your time nor money - Edit

I don't have anything good to say about this place. The food was gross. The wontons were over-fried and bland, the crepe was greasy and salty, the orange "chicken" was obviously made with frozen chicken, packaged sauce, and the vegetable side was still partially frozen. Their service was non-existent. I hate to give a vegan restaurant a bad review, but this place was really terrible.

Cons: bad food, no service

Always a pleasure - Edit

Loving hut consistantly has great food and this is no exception. Even though we went there on a night where the lady working there was unfortunately all by herself but she was very sweet and apologetic about it as out food took quite long to be ready. It was very enjoyable none the less.

The lady working there was delightful, the food was great and also it was my birthday so we all got cake(I got coconut, my parents got chocolate) and a my brother got a slice of the pumpkin pie(also very good). We also got a piece of brownie to go(when the lady found it was my birthday she insisted on giving me something for free). It was very fudgy.

Out of the two locations this one is probably better. It has way more options plus great lunch specials.

Pros: nice location, friendly staff, great food

Cons: washroom is weird to get to

Nice little diner - Edit

I ordered fresh spring rolls and chicken nuggets to take with me for the flight back to the mainland. Both were good, but the nuggets were a little greasy. I also tried a peice of pumpkin pie and found it to be tasty but flat. Pumpkin pie should look fluffy and this can be achieved with flax, egg replacer, or tofu. The waiter and cook were very nice and I'll deffinately stop by again on my next visit. The girl next to me was eating a quesadilla and it looked amazing. Since she ate the whole thing, I'm assuming it was!

Pros: good food, great staff

Cons: wish it was closer to waikiki

Love Loving Hut - Edit

Loving Hut - somewhat predictable, but that's not a bad thing.

This place is my favourite of the two in town because it has more options (including some burgers / western foods too). Our family (with a couple of fussy small kids) were more than happy here. And a super-friendly host to boot.

Wholefoods for brekky/lunch and Loving Hut for dinner - vegan Honolulu holiday set!

Mahalo.

Pros: All vegan!, Plenty of options.

Creative Menu and Large Portion Sizes - Edit

I liked this place. They some different items than most Loving Huts, such as the katsu curry (highly recommend) and a vegan spinach quesadilla (but they also have some of the typical items found at other Loving Huts like the pho or the crispy rolls). They have some new items that aren't on the online menu (as of Feb. 2012)--including this dim sum appetizer (forgot the name, but it was good), and they've expanded their hours to 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM. They have large portion sizes (especially compared with other Honolulu restaurants which tend to go small on the portions).

Pros: great food, large portion sizes, "Hole in the Wall" type place

be prepared to wait and not get what you ordered - Edit

I was so excited to try this resturant after hearing good things about the other location. After a long wait, my order did not have veggies or sauce that was mentioned on the menu. They said they burned my daughters quesadilla. Several other diners were served. When it finally came out, it too did not have veggies advertised on the menu. It was small but good.

While the food was fine, the service was slow...even for a vegitarian restaurant. Expect to not get what you expect with no explanation given.

Pros: tasty

Cons: doesn't adhere to menu, very slow

Wonderful tasty food - Edit

I was very surprised when I got the food. I was amazingly delicious. Everything I ordered was yummy n filling. The desserts are okay.

When I walked in I wanted to walk right out. No A.C. so it was a little muggy. They placed looked like it was no moved in yet. The drinks fridge was empty. I looks like a mom and pop store in a town of 300. She was so friendly I couldn't leave. I'm glad I didn't because her food rocks!

They t.v. is on some sort of vegan religion channel. Little spooky. Still, great food. lol

Pros: Awsome food, friendly staff, perfect portions

Cons: teleivision channel, unfinished atmosphere

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Honolulu Pensacola St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6150 times since Nov 2010.