Loving Hut - Fort Street Mall

808-626-5626

1118 Fort Street Mall, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 96813

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veganism. Each location is individual family owned - this one is a short walk from Iolani Palace. Serves extensive vegan food and dessert, non-alcoholic beverages. Uses non-gmo tofu and soy protein for the Asian style dishes. Est. 2015 as Eden on Earth and re-branded to Loving Hut. Closed autumn months - check for hours before you go.

Categories: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Veg4Jay

RasaFournier

Contributions +94

12 Nov 2018

Best soup on the island - Edit

When the food here is good, it's really good. However, it can be fairly inconsistent. The Royal Noodle Soup is my go-to dish ... It simply doesn't get any better than this. It's addictively delicious with a zesty broth and a bunch of veggies and basil leaves and bean sprouts on top.

Pros: Friendly service, Amazing Royal Noodle Soup

Cons: Difficult to find parking, Dishes and quality are inconsistent, Hours are inconsistent

Vegesaur

Contributions +22

22 Aug 2018

Delicious and friendly - Edit

I got fresh spring rolls and a spicy noodle soup. The food was absolutely delicious. Incredibly fresh (I could see the chef chopping the veggies for my food after I ordered!) and also really flavorful - not simple flavors but complex mixes that I doubt I could recreate at home. On the day I went there was only one person who served as chef/server/dish washer but even so it was pretty fast. She was also incredibly helpful and gave me tips on places to go and the bus to take to the airport. It's small and certainly not fancy but it seemed clean and the food was the best I've had in while. Will definitely be returning if I come back to Oahu again.

Pros: delicious food, good value, friendly staff

Jenniferlara

Contributions +38

01 Jul 2018

Great food and service - Edit

My mom and I stopped by this place while walking around Honolulu. It's quite small and there were only two other people there. Our server was so nice and friendly. They have great green smoothies! My mom got the veggie plate with wild rice and I got the lemongrass tofu. Both were delicious. For dessert we got the coconut cake with chocolate frosting. So satisfying! I will be going back next time I'm in Honolulu. :)

Pros: Great service , Delicious tofu , Vegan dessert

veghead2828

Contributions +44

31 May 2018

Kind of sketchy - Edit

I was extremely excited to go here bc I’m a huge fan of the chain. But this restaurant was extremely odd. I don’t like to say anything negative about vegan businesses but.. the food seemed reheated from the freezer and not fresh. It was a little dirty and hot inside. I don’t think the people working here spoke any English. And it didn’t help there were homeless people all outside. I would not come back here and was very disappointed.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Expensive , Dirty, Food felt reheated

Librahi

Contributions +276

17 May 2018

Best We Had On Oahu! - Edit

Great food. Odd atmosphere when eating with a moped parked next to me and just random things everywhere. But it appeared clean and the staff were awesome. Food was delicious and the best we had on island. Much preferred over Peace Cafe and slightly better than Simple Joy but less options.

ashlinmichelle7

Contributions +819

18 Apr 2018

Delicious food! All vegan! Very friendly! - Edit

Very friend, amazing food. But I spent 30$ and left still hungry but I’m a big eater. Portions were a bit small but it just might of been my choices. Next time definitely gonna get something more hearty next time.

Pros: Fast, Home made , Taste good

Cons: Expensive

VersaceSim

Contributions +58

02 Feb 2018

lovely lunch - Edit

I remember going to this place randomly while looking for food. This was in May 2016 and I wasn’t vegan yet. I had a conversation with the owner about veganism and I gave her the excuse that I cannot with my job as a flight attendant. I wish I could go back now and tell her I’ve become a vegan and had the most delicious locally inspired dished all over the world and if I could go back I would have done it sooner.

Thanks a lot!

SophieP

Contributions +48

11 Jan 2018

Yum! - Edit

A lovely family run business away from the hustle and bustle / tourists of Waikiki.
It's not fancy - but the food is delicious. Try the "chicken" katsu. Can't wait to go back for some more.

Some cool dive bars around the corner in Chinatown too if you are looking to continue your night.

sahabim

Contributions +20

30 Dec 2017

a diamond in the rough 😍😍 - Edit

Everything was delicious
Fried rice & king pow wow 😋

Cons: no wine/ alcohol allowed, neighborhood is not the greatest.

MyVeganJoy

Contributions +605

26 Dec 2017

lots of homeless around; ghetto vibes. - Edit

Don’t go after dark, unless you want to see a dozen homeless, drug addicts and crazies all around. It was kind of scary and unpleasant. The food was ok. But I wouldn’t go back. Run by a friendly Chinese family. No bathroom.

Cons: no bathroom, unkempt area of Honolulu , homeless people all around

getplantstrong

Contributions +37

15 Nov 2017

oops - Edit

Sorry, wrong location, but no option to delete my review. I’m sure this place is good, too.

hau_lani

Contributions +20

22 Oct 2017

Delicious - Edit

The Kung Pow WOW and crispy rolls were exceptional! Would definitely return for more!

Pros: Food was delicious and made to order, Staff was quick and friendly

Kimbala

Contributions +104

03 Sep 2017

Delicious! - Edit

Brocco Pua was amazing! So good! Had several different dishes then came back for lunch before flying out of Honolulu, but the brocco pua was by far the best!

MarleneMaza

Contributions +28

17 Jul 2017

amazing vegan food! - Edit

amazing vegan food! Great customer service

JenniferCaroline

Contributions +27

Vegetarian
11 Jul 2017

ok? - Edit

All vegan food but no one eats there and when you google the woman who plays on the music videos and that they sell their books for you find out it's a cult type setting.... I wish I had that disclaimer before walking in. Pasta was made fresh but everything else was reheated... so go inside with caution ...

Pros: all vegan

Cons: a cult and only accepts CASH payments , not fresh , all reheated minus a few dishes

SoWo1999

Contributions +471

02 Jul 2017

Delicious! - Edit

Great food, friendly service. Will definitely go back when I visit Hawaii!!

Cons: Not open all day, need to plan ahead!

Aspen

Contributions +96

28 Apr 2017

Great vegan food in Hawaii - Edit

Really nice service and good food.

Pros: Clean, Friendly, Freshly made food

Cons: location is away from beach

earthville

Contributions +4820

26 Jan 2017

Very friendly, diverse menu, vegan desserts - Edit

This Loving Hut won me over with kind, gentle service. Food was typical of any Loving Hut location, but with a few unusual items (e.g, on my visit, lasagna and pumpkin pie).

Enjoy!

MommaParra

Contributions +16

23 May 2016

would come back! - Edit

I ordered the lasagna, tasted amazing- will try to recreate at home. Husband got katsu chicken & crispy burger. They're essentially the same protein. I loved how crispy the katsu chicken was & its sauce was very flavorful

Pros: very welcoming staff, Parking garage near by (bath

Cons: only cash,

mangelm26

Contributions +59

22 Feb 2016

Eggplant Oh My! - Edit

Super delicious food! My husband got the eggplant tofu and I kept eating off his plate. I got the Indian stew and it was amazing as well. This is our 2nd time at a loving hut and we keep trying new ones! Make this a stop for sure. Easy to find and parking was available.

mommyreporter

Contributions +18

18 Nov 2015

Cute place, very friendly staff, yummy food! - Edit

This is a great place! Not a huge menu, but the selections are pretty awesome. The staff is awesome!

abremer1

Contributions +54

02 Nov 2015

Downtown Honolulu: 100% Vegan - Edit

Great food, great desserts, friendly owner, dont miss this vegan option. Try it! You wont be disappointed

Pros: 100% Vegan Happy Hut, Great desserts

Cons: none

lagoyena

Contributions +16

16 May 2015

Lovely Family & Great Food - Edit

Great menu options including some local food & desserts. Lovely and helpful family owns and runs the restaurant. So many great things to say about this place, the food, and the customer service!

Pros: Everything vegan, Lovely staff, Delicious food with variety

geoffmatters

Contributions +149

Vegetarian
23 Apr 2015

Loving Hut by any other name would taste as sweet? - Edit

Finding myself not far from downtown one evening, thought I would give it a try. Called to warn I would be arriving right around their stated 9pm closing time, was told that would be no problem.

The street was a ghost town, with no other nearby businesses open, but I was happy to find the restaurant still open for business, albeit with no other customers and only a single staffperson. From the propaganda feed on the TV in the window, it was clear that this is a Loving Hut in all but name. But since every Loving Hut is different, you dont know what you are going to get until you dive into the menu.

The menu is majority asian, with some american and hawaiian options to round it out. The royal noodle soup, which I requested "fairly spicy", had lots of tofu and mushrooms and a big dose of chili on top of a hefty serving of noodles, making for a large portion. The cabbage salad was a big pile of shredded cabbage with a few accents and a light dressing, just what I hoped it would be. All in all my meal hit the spot. The brownie I took with me was not as soft as I would have liked, but the flavor was not bad.

slithers

Contributions +652

23 Mar 2015

Tasty & 1 of few vegan places in Hawaii - Edit

I went here with my partner & sister a few days ago (Friday night) & if I was rating just the food, I would give 5 stars. The dumpling appetizer & noodle & tofu main dish were delicious (& quick to arrive). However the atmosphere was a bit off - the main chef was not a good communicator & when 2 tables both requested chocolate 2-layer cake, we both got a single-layer at full price (the last of the cake).
Also, their sign had the hours changed with a marker (12-9 printed with 9 changed to 7) - we showed up at 7 and had no problem getting food, but I expect they close after 7 as soon as there are no customers.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Reasonable prices, Friendly & quick service

Cons: Only 1/2 of menu, Weird/bad communication

Veg4Jay

Contributions +1423

07 Feb 2015

YUMMY Vegan Lunch! - Edit

Service was very prompt and friendly. Food was good and filling. I miss Dim Sum, and the Mauna pua brought back sweet memories. The lasagna was rich and hearty; and left me wanting for nothing. I finished with the chocolate pudding. It was also a rich chocolate flavour! It was not as heavy as traditional pudding, which I found refreshing. Even the coffee was perfect! Nice lunch!!

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Fort Street Mall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.