CLOSED: Loving Hut

International Club, 5/F, Citic Plaza, 233 Tianhe, Guangzhou, China,

Chinese Name: 爱家. 廣州市天河北路233號中信廣場中天購物城五樓國際俱樂部. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegan living. Serving food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. NOTE: Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by veganinseattle

Made my friend want to come a next time! - Edit

After discussing with my friend where yo have dinner I proposed going to Loving Hut. First time there, but we loved it.
1st, even if the decoration is simple the menu is extremely wide and will make you happy with only a look.
2nd) The give you free wheat tea.
3rd) It's quite cheap. We ordered 6 dishes and payed 180rbn total.
4th) The staff is nice and attentive.
5th) The food was really good. we liked the most the chicken veg lemon&lemongrass, the olive green beans and the real taste of the pumpking soup.
6th) My friend ( who eats normally a lot of meat) said she was really full and we ordered the rest of what we could not eat to take away!
7th) First time there, but not last! I will for sure come more times, maybe some other people wanna join next time.

Bon appetit!

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: Small portions, Location, Close at 9:30!

The loving hut, very loving! - Edit

I visited the loving hut and had a great experience. The food was delicious and the staff was very sweet to us. It was clean and the prices were reasonable. They have a small stand in the entrance selling organic food, grains, and teas. I bought some lotus root tea which was great (products do run a bit pricey though) make sure you ask for the VIP card as you leave if planning to go back!

Elegant Choice For Vegan Dining - Edit

My family went to the Loving Hut for dinner in Guangzhou because we have enjoyed dining with this restaurant in a number of U.S. cities. The Loving Hut is located on the 5th Floor of a higher end retail complex about a block from the U.S. Consulate in the fashionable Tianhe Business District. As we do not speak either Manadarin or Cantonese, we were fortunate that our server spoke very good english. The menu is extensive but is listed by photos and chinese descriptions only. You can either choose by what looks good to you or you can ask them for a translation if you don't read chinese. On this ocassion, we selected a pureed green vegetable soup (think chinese spinach), sauteed greens with straw mushroom, pumpkin with pineapple and taro hot pot in coconut sauce, and seafood (mock) fried rice. We were traveling with our 3 year old daughter and we were pleasantly surprised that she ate a little of everything. The dishes were all nicely prepared and delicious. The service was friendly and prompt. The dining room is spacious and tending to a more upscale feel. For a truly satisfying and nutritious meal, we paid only $110 RMB or about $17 US Dollars. We tried to leave a gratuity but they tracked us down in the lobby and said that they have a policy of no tipping. Diners of this chain will know that the restaurant has a goal of educating of their patrons about the benefits of eating a plant based diet. I highly recommend the Loving Hut in Guangzhou for an amazing vegan dining experience. They will accept reservations.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Excellent value, Attentive service

Cons: Chinese menu only

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 322 times since Aug 2009.