Loving Hut - Glendale

Contact 602-978-0393

3515 W Union Hills Dr, Glendale, Arizona, USA, 85308

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by PH0ENIX

disappointing - Edit

The people are lovely the service is great the price is ok. However I was bit let down but the food. I had the Thai pad and us wasn't very good hardly any tofu and very watery. Also had the vegetables which weren't cooked very well. The buddy burger was ok but but rubbery. If u had to I could eat here again and I hate to knock anything vegan as I do want the business to flourish I just think maybe I was little unlucky with what I choose.

Good food, nice atmosphere, with the feel of a chain restaurant. - Edit

I had the spicy pad Thai, fried rice, spring rolls, sushi rolls, and one of the hot dogs; everything was great but the rolls had a lot of mushy rice in them, they were really dense. Other than that I thought it was great; it was clean, good service and the food tasted great;)

Pros: tasty, diverse menu, clean

Awesome food. Great people. Wonderful chocolate cake. - Edit

This was my first vegan restaurant that I went to. The staff is super nice and they educate you as well. They have the sweetest lady there who makes the best chocolate cake.

Pros: Low price.

Cons: Very busy. Even if you order ahead over the phone,

Quite out of our way but still decent - Edit

This place was quite a drive from where we were staying in Phoenix. We arrived just as they were opening and weren't the only ones waiting.
The staff were friendly but seemed a little zombie like in their attitudes to everyone. A little too chill. The food were pretty good, the portion sizes were quite large and everything was super cheap. If this place wasn't such a drive from where we were, I would have loved it more but that's not their fault. The place filled up pretty fast after we arrived so the are obviously popular. Glad we tried it.

Pros: Good portions, Good prices, Neat items

Cons: Staff a little weird, Kinda cult like atmosphere, Very plain decor

great people - Edit

This place is super friendly. While visiting there I overheard the staff giving food and cooking advice to customers who were new to plant based eating. Our meal was ok. Kind of wish I'd ordered something else as lots of the dishes going out looked better than mine (I had the clubhouse). The dessert was awesome. I'd go back.

Pros: price is fair , staff are friendly

Cons: some food looked better than others. , I noticed some people confused about ordering

Yummy in Glendale - Edit

This place is really good. I went with my mom because we had a Groupon which was really exciting because I'm already vegan. The atmosphere was really friendly. The staff was really nice. It was sort of like fast food where you order and sit then they bring it up to you.

Pros: very open and airy, they sell vegan items (few shirts/jewelry), plenty of seats

Cons: credit card minimum limit

Appetizer, soup & dessert - Edit

I liked the Spring Rolls so it was enough to take half home. I liked the Wonton Harmony Soup but the wheat noodles tasted a little weird with the veggies, wonton and broth. It wasn't a good combination. The Carrot Cake was to die for, I like the frosting. It was light and not so sweet. I'll try the Sushi appetizer and the Spicy Noodle Soup, it looks good.

Pros: Veggies and broth was delicious, Spring Rolls were awesome, dipping sauce, Love, love the carrot cake!

Cons: Wheat noodles, it had a weird taste

Worth the trip - Edit

I drove 20 miles to go here, and it was well worth the drive. I got the Fiesta Wrap for lunch the next day, and it was great cold. Honestly, I'm not sure if they serve it hot or cold, but it was great straight out of the fridge. The salsa has quite the spicy kick to it, so I was glad it was on the side, cause it was a bit too spicy for me; it did taste good though.
The Mongolian Wonder was my dinner and it was AMAZING! I posted a picture of it on my Facebook and even my omni friends left comments saying how delicious it looked and couldn't believe it was vegan. The mock beef slices were good, the sauce was amazing, and the rice was cooked just right. Overall, it was a party in my mouth and I couldn't stop eating it. If you can't decide what to get and you're considering the Mongolian Wonder; stop right there and just order it, you will not regret it.

Decent, not Fantastic. - Edit

Loving Hut is a decent place, like the McDonalds of vegan food, it offers numerous locations around N. America, and you'll be able to find something to eat, even for a GF vegan like myself. My partner had the pan-fried dumplings and loved them, I had the summer rolls, which were decent, but not up to my standards. The fried rice we both got was also decent, but not up to my standards. The drinks were good, and the staff and atmosphere inside were friendly and welcoming, a decent choice, just not blow-your-socks-off great.

I will say the food was prepared in a very clean manner, I have a very sensitive stomach and this place did not upset it in the least bit.

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 25, 2014

Pros: Clean, Fantastic pan-fried dumplings, Price

Love This Place - Edit

The food is just good. Their rainbow salad.... awesome. My favorite during cold weather is their wonton harmony soup. Have them steam the wontons and add them to the soup instead of fried on the side. Is this the healthiest vegan pave in town....no. But it is not the most unhealthy and they have some great potions when trying to go out with a non vegan companion.

Pros: Delicious, Reasonable, Nice Service

I want to love it - Edit

I really want to love this place but the majority of the menu is faux meat product. I am not a big fan of this. I have had a couple good dishes here and the staff is always very nice but I would only eat here in a pinch.

Pros: Nice staff, Cheap

Cons: Too much tempeh and soy

Best Veg Restaurant in Glendale. - Edit

I absolutely love this restaurant! I visit several times a week. The prices are great and the food is incredible.

Pros: Great Service, Very Affordable, Beyond Delicious

Cons: No Music

Pho is fantastic - Edit

The service is amazing. The soups are made with heart and soul! Especially the pho, which is always hot and very fresh. The place is very clean and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful.

Pros: Clean and nutritious, Friendly, Affordable

Clean, bright and great food - Edit

We eat at this all vegan restaurant often. So nice to know it's all good food. Never had a bad experience. I try to order different things each time but the curried soup is my favorite. We take our non-vegan friends and family here and they love the food too!

Pros: All vegan, Pleasant atmosphere, Great price

Cons: Can't think of a thing!

The Great Loving Hut! - Edit

I am always happy to find a Loving Hut. As soon as you enter you can feel the positive energy floating. The place is clean, bright, and the staff is super nice.

My favorite items at this location are:

Wontons (vegan wontons? Who knew?!)

Pâté Chaud (sp?)- it's a crispy pastry-like dish, but it's not sweet. It's stuffed with soy protein & some other goodies. Quite tasty.

Hawaiian burger (this blend of burger, meets pineapple, meets teriyaki sauce is ingenious and finger-licking good)

Vegan sushi (watch that wasabi sauce!)

Spicy ChaCha (yam-based faux shrimp dish that really is a must try! Seasoned to perfection)

BBQ Baguette (great for lunch!)

Golden Beauty
Noble Broccoli (think "beef" & broccoli)
Mongolian "beef" (the flavor es muy sabrosa)

The Sweet & Sour Devine is a safe choice for anyone wanting the familiarity of a sweet & sour dish.

I wasn't a big fan of the new Kung Pao dish. I'm used to a spicier and crunchier-like version. This one was soft & sweet. If you're a fan of that, you'll love it.

Banana cake and chocolate cake (new!) were very good. I want to try the cheesecake, but I hated the one at the LH in Paris, so I'm a little reluctant. Maybe one day.

Great for families. Plenty of parking. Definitely one of the MUSTs for any veg*n living in or traveling to/through PHX.

Pros: 100% vegan & delicious, Very friendly staff; plenty of parking, Large portions

Happy Find - Edit

being a relatively new Vegan, and new to arizona, we were delighted when our grandson turned us on to the Loving Hut in Glendale. We went for the first time today. The atmosphere was pleasant. the food was clean. the restaurant is clean. the food was as presented in the menu, and delicious. we cleaned our plates. we immediately started thinking of folks who would love to go there for a meal when they come to visit. we are looking forward trying their many different offerings. so glad to have found them.
the staff was friendly, and helpful.

Pros: excellent food, helpful, friendly staff, clean

Cons: servings on smallish side, prices a little high

Awesome vegan chain - Edit

My non-veg friend and I went here after shopping at the relatively close Arrowhead Mall. A lot of the dishes have fake meat, but there are also a good number that don't. The staff was very friendly, and it was easy to eat here on a budget. We split a fancy drink, a huge plate of fried rice, and dessert, costing us about $7 each. What a deal!

Pros: friendly staff, easy to stay in budget, fancy drinks

Cons: a lot of the dishes have fake meat

Awesomeness in every bite!!! - Edit

My husband and I have driven past this location many times, and decided to finally try it. My husband and I are vegetarian, and also eat organic all the time. we called ahead of time and found out that all their products are non gmo!! When you walk in they have the menus right inside the door, and you seat yourself. When you are ready to order you go to the counter and order and pay right there. The service is top notch, the staff is ultra friendly, the place is very clean, and the food is excellent!!! We enjoyed ourselves greatly!!! I should also mention that we got there at 830pm and they did not rush us at all!! I would recommend this place to other vegetarians or people curious in vegetarianism. The ONLY thing I don't like is their hours. Longer hours would be nice!!

Pros: Friendly, GREAT food!!!, Healthy food choices

Cons: Longer hours needed

One of the best vegan restaurants around - Edit

While planning a recent vacation to Arizona, we made a note to stop at this Asian style restaurant based on its positive online reviews. The service was quick and friendly and included a nice complimentary soup starter. All four of us tried and shared different dishes, and everything was well prepared; our favorite was easily my Mongolian "beef" which was well seasoned and really delicious. Though we spent most of our time in northern Arizona, we liked the restaurant so well we made a point to return before flying back home, and our second experience was as good as the first. Highly recommended restaurant.

Pros: Good value, Friendly service, Great food

Cons: Too far away for us to visit regularly!

Loving Hut Food - Edit

I've eaten at Loving Hut several times, and the food is always excellent. Try the cha cha dish: shrimp fried with peppers. I love the steak sandwich and the fried wonton appetizer.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy food, excellent food

Cons: propoganda tv program

Great Food! - Edit

This is a great restaurant! We really enjoyed it. It has an extensive menu, with plenty of soy-based meats. The portions are good, the staff is friendly, and the food is very very good. Plus, it's all vegan!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Affordable

Cons: Lots of soy, Not the healthiest

Loved it! - Edit

This place is fantastic. Simple decor, very friendly and attentive staff, reasonable prices and really good vegan food. I had the Spring Rolls as an appetizer. Very fresh and refreshing. For dinner I had the Save-Planet Curry, delicous. Unlike other curries it did not leave me feeling like i had heartburn.
Very nice experience. These folks deserve you giving them a try.

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy Cuisine, Friendly Staff

I wish we had one in Flagstaff!! BEST PHO EVER!!! - Edit

Okay, do yourself a favor and eat here!! My hubby took me here for my birthday last month and it was AMAZING! The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the pho was the most delicious I've ever had (including before I was a vegan). Try the fried vegetable rolls, too! My hubby loved his fried rice but he also kept trying to eat my pho. Very reasonably priced. The vegan cheesecake was very good too!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious, Clean

Cons: Too far away from us, A little quiet

The Loving Hut - Edit

Loved it!!! Please open one in Surprise!!! :)

OMG! This is the *best place* to eat in the state of AZ! This place is so good that I ate here three times! That's saying a lot because when I travel I rarely eat anywhere more than once so that I can try other veggie places. I got the Hawaiian Burger twice and got the cheesecake one other time. I absolutely loved the burger, as did my friends. I tried my friends' entrees each time and they were so tasty. Our server (all three times) was the sweetest lady you could ever imagine...she was so delightful! They even have a TV show on the whole time that broadcasts 24 hour *positive* news. Reasons to be vegan are written on the wall as well. I really hope that one day, the Loving Hut chain will decide to open up a restaurant in Chicago! You must go here if you're in AZ!!! ;)

Hidden Gem - Edit

This restaurant is AMAZING. You will not be disappointed if you are vegan. I got the Spicy Cha-Cha which was a dish of faux chicken -- the best faux chicken I think I have ever had. Also ordered Golden Rolls as an appetizer, and they were equally as good. My boyfriend got the steak sandwich, also great. I like that they show images of each dish on the menu. I wish all restaurants did this. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. The restaurant itself is spotless, which makes it all the more pleasing to eat there. Although it's just a casual place where you order at the counter, it's styled very well and I enjoyed the atmosphere very much, and it was great to see so many other diners in an all-vegan restaurant in the West Valley.

My one and only complaint is that I wish the restaurant were closer to my house in Buckeye. Please open a second location further west!!!

Pros: Superb Vegan Food, Spotless Restaurant, Great Staff

Finally a vegetarian restaurant on the west side! - Edit

I just found out about Loving Hut's new Phoenix location over a week ago, and I've already been there 3 times. I've had the Pho, two daily lunch specials, plus an appetizer and a beverage. All were good. I'm thankful to have a vegetarian option so close to my home, and will be visiting frequently.

The location is convenient (for me), it's clean inside, and the prices reasonable. I'm so glad this place is open!

Pros: delicious food, good value, clean decor

Return to Glendale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Glendale closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6192 times since Apr 2009.