Loving Hut

657-233-5780

12050 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, California, USA, 92840

Part of the international vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master ChingHai. Each location is individually owned. Serves vegan food and non-alcoholic beverages. Buffet style til 3pm. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Vietnamese

First Review by xmrfigx

good food - Edit

I have had a few dishes here that are all delicious but the spicy cha cha is my favorite. The ingredients are fresh and delicious. This place is clean and open and beautiful. The service is okay. They're not rude or anything just don't expect to have a conversation.

Didn't disappoint - Edit

Vietnamese soup in a nice environment. I'm glad they opened.

Pros: Vegan and next to Vegan Pizza!

Third times a charm?... NOPE - Edit

(Let me preface this by saying if I could give this place one star, I would)
First time- Brian and I went with my mom, we were seated then asked to move minutes later for another family. We asked to order appetizers and drinks first because we were still deciding on entrés. We ordered the orange dream(a great drink), fresh spring rolls (not so fresh and the dipping sauce is not great), and chicken strips (which were too tiny and way over priced for what you get). We were brought our bill while eating and we were all very confused as to why. Then we realized: They thought we only wanted apps! So we called over a waiter and got everything cleared up and ordered our meals which, like the apps, were nothing special.

Second time: Brian and I tried again, we got egg rolls (pretty good) and I tried to order an Orange Dream but the person who "makes the drinks was not in". Which is ridiculous because the drink is literally soy milk and orange juice, anyone could make it. I ordered the pad Thai (amazing) and Brian ordered the beef and broccoli delight. We waited for quite a bit until our food was brought out and Brian was handed a plate of steamed broccoli. That's it. Just broccoli. So we had to call over the server and tell them the soy beef was missing. He took a fork and moved the food around on Brian's plate and said "oh... yeah there's definitely some stuff missing" uhhh ya think? So we waited a bit longer and his food was finally brought out. Still not worth the price though.

Third time: okay we'll give them one more shot. Christmas Day. We call in our order. Tried to order the orange dream again but the person who makes them once again "wasn't in". Ordered egg rolls, fish tacos, pad Thai, and Mi Kho. They said it'd take 45 minutes. We left after 30 because we love just down the street. Long story short we ended up waiting nearly two hours until our food was done. I wasn't the only family who had this experience. We were offered no discount or anything. We paid the full price for cold egg rolls and fish tacos. That being said, the food was all pretty good, it was just terrible customer service.

Brian and I have frequented many vegan places across OC and have never EVER been treated this poorly. It hurts me to have to talk so negatively about a vegan place but this is ridiculous.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-08

Cons: small space, poor customer service , sub par food

Loving Hut - Edit

The staff at Loving Hut fits the name perfectly. They take time to answer and questions or even help you choose an item you may not be familiar with. The food quality is outstanding and consistent. Try the fun drink options they have or ask them to suggest one for you, she made me a mango one that was not on the menu at the time. I'd also like to share someone in our party who is not a vegan ordered the Hawaiian burger and loved it!

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-08

Pros: Convenient Vegan option near Disneyland, Dishes are consistent each time I have been there, Friendly Staff

Cons: small location

Great food and service! - Edit

I was very excited to try the latest addition to the Loving Hut franchise. They opened in the same center as Vegan Pizza and are a great addition to the city!

Having been a fan of the Loving Hut in Orange, I was excited to see many of the same menu items...but so many more! I tried the Lucky Lemongrass (chickenless protein) with brown rice. It was quite amazing!

My wife had her favorite from the other Loving Hut, the BLT. She enjoyed and but noticed it was even better because the bread was not greasy. We met Rose, one of the friendly servers who explained that their cook really works to minimize the use of oils or butters. They toast the bread instead of grilling it in the pan, eliminating the need for slathering vegan butter on it. My daughter found the same to be true with the house fried rice. Rose explained how the cook minimizes his use of oil when frying the rice too and it is quite brilliant.

I ordered the curry fried rice to take for lunch tomorrow and it smells and tastes amazing! (I had to try it)

Very happy to see the number of vegan options opening around the Garden Grove area. The atmosphere, service and food were all A+! Definitely a must try when you're in the area.

Pros: Great food selection and taste, Friendly staff, Good prices

Return to Garden Grove Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.