Loving Hut Express - Food Cart

604-780-1029

Pacific Blvd and Davie St corner, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,

Resumed business Jan 2015. Vegan food cart parked at the front of Yaletown Roundhouse Community Center. Offers vegan sandwiches and burgers. Open Thu-Sat 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Catering, Take-out only

First Review by Downtown Tony

yummy! - Edit

when i have a craving for an unhealthy and fast burger, this gets my top vote! it's delicious!

Pros: fast, convenient, delicious

Cons: not healthy

Great food, great service! - Edit

Had a great lunch at the Loving Hut. Great food for a reasonable price. Shared a bunch of things of the menu and everything was amazing. Told many friends in the city to grab some vegan comfort food from the Loving Hut Express.

fantastic burgers and fries! - Edit

all vegan tasty fast food. get there early if you want full choice but whatever you have will be tasty. we had chicken burger and cheese fries. all good.

Not Organic but still delicious - Edit

the food or vegetables are not said to be organic and I can certainly tell because I always feel sleepy after I eat their food but it is still delicious, however, I also wish they could expand their hours.

Pros: price

Cons: hardly open, non-organic

Heaven for those who like junk food - Edit

Nothing against junk food, but this food cart appears kinda rancid. Not only is everything in and on the cart bleached out (the paint, the bills), the equipment inside seems to have seen better days, overall it doesn't create the impression of being very hygienic.
Any way, it's an alright option for junk food to take away. You may be waiting a bit, since they seem to get lots of costumers.
As far as I am concerned, I found it kinda hard to even spot all the items provided, to get an overview. The burger I had had good value, of that there is no doubt. To be honest, for me it tasted even too "real", to close to actual meat, therefore I wasn't exactly enamoured with the taste. On the other hand people who like the taste of meat most likely will be pretty amazed.
Service was friendly.

Pros: good value, convenient

Cons: kinda rancid appearance, tastes too much like real meat, confusing choice of products

Excellent for junk food vegans - Edit

Wife and i were in BC over the week, was able to stop by while biking around the city on a Thursday.

They use gardien for all of their burgers, so heads up if you're opposed due to the buy-out.

Flavor was fantastic, prices were reasonable for the large portions, and the three people working were very friendly. Loved it.

Pros: Great taste, Friendly Staff, Great location

Cons: Not "cheap" by any means, Only there a few days a week

Good for a fast-food craving! - Edit

This vegan food truck is great - even better now that they offer two completely gluten-free burgers (their fries still aren't). The mushroom and cheese burger is great, and I couldn't believe it was gluten-free. The food is pretty greasy, but it's a fast-food place selling burgers and fries so that's not exactly a surprise. I wouldn't eat it every day, but it really satisfies that craving. My only complaint is the pricing - the fact that Loving Hut are charging $10 for just a take-out burger on its own seems a bit steep (when I could pay $12-14 for a burger, side salad and fries at Meet on Main).

Pros: Gluten-free options finally - yay!, Great burgers

Cons: Pricey, Greasy

Love it!! - Edit

The food is great! Only wish that they were open more.

This is a food cart. They are only open on Friday - Sunday and have limited hours. Plus they often take off for festivals in others parts of town.

Save their number and call ahead. Otherwise you may be disappointed to find they aren't there.

Everything they sell is good. Nice people too!

I recommend the crispy chicken burger with a side of yam fries and their wonderful chipotle mayo dip.

All VEGAN!!! Enjoy!!!!! This Place is amazing!!!!! :)

Pros: Food is great!, Decent price. , The staff.

Cons: Irregular schedule can be disappointing.

Holy Cow, I thought I was eating the real thing! - Edit

If I was still a meat eater, I definitely wouldn't have known the difference. The whole food cart is vegan and I tried the bacon cheese burger ($10) and onion rings ($4). Yes, it is expensive, but wow! This is by far the best vegan burger I ever had and the onion rings were good too. I actually don't like onions at all, but decided to try it anyways, so me saying it was good would boggle my other friends minds, hahha!
I am looking forward to going back to the Loving Hut and trying everything else on their menu. The ladies working there are very nice :) I hope that one day, they could get more locations (with more places to sit) or extend their days and hours.
Recommended to all! :D
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 06, 2014

Pros: All vegan, Amazing, tasty food, Nice staff

Cons: Expensive, Limited hours and days, Only seating spot I saw was a bench

I love this cart. - Edit

I count the days till its Sat so I can go eat here. Rain or shine. I wish they were open everyday.

VEGAN FASTFOOD - Edit

YUM YUM YUM and YUM. Amazing fast food haven't had a burger and onion rings this good in forever , not even before i was vegan ;) . Defiantly somewhere i would take my non vegan friends , because it is AMAZING!

Pros: Yummy burgers, Fast service, healthy pop?

Cons: hours

Great Vegan Junk Food - Edit

They are still in business!! They just have limited hours and days - Thurs to Sunday - best to check their FB page.

Gone - Edit

Went by there today and can't find it. I suspect they're out of business.

3 Responses

veganraymie 22 Jul 2014 - Their website says Thursday to Saturday open. Your post was on a Sunday, I'm assuming that was the problem?

lovela5 03 Aug 2014 - They are only open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11 to 4.30, and sometimes during the summer they are taking part in some festivals and catering events. I suggest liking their Facebook page in order to keep track of their schedule :) I wish they were open more often :D especially in the summer!

vegan frog 30 Aug 2014 - They operate weird hours but if you want to check their whereabouts, you should check their Twitter account https://twitter.com/LovingHut_Vanc or Facebook page. And also update your review when you've given them a try. I suspect you won't be sorry, it is truly delicious (but rich food)

Best food cart in town! - Edit

The food here is great, reasonably priced, and fast. The onion ring burger is probably one of the best veggie burgers I have ever had and its so cool to have an all vegan cart in Vancouver. Just wish they were open more...

Pros: delicious, good value, fast

Cons: not open enough

Best Vegan burder I had! - Edit

I'm giving them 6 cows. It's simply A-mazing. It was sooo delicious. But I wish they had few locations and an actual restaurant.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Cons: Food truck

Best Burger ever! 6 out of 5 cows!!!! - Edit

After a long, unintentional walk into the wrong direction I found the Loving Hut Van - thank god I did! I had the "Bacon Burger" and potato fries - amazing!! The flavours were just right, unlike so many fake Burgers it didn't taste artificial, and the friendly staff make it a perfect quick meal option when you are in the area.
The light rain didn't put me off (I was HUNGRY), but shame that they don't offer covered seating.

Cons: No covered seating

Back in business - Edit

Loving Hut has been back in Yaletown Friday and Saturdays (and sometimes Sundays) since mid-March, 2013 for lunch. Check out their facebook page for menus and times. This is the BEST burger you will ever eat (vegan or otherwise)... even my meat-eating friends agree!

Pros: delicious, friendly, vegan

Cons: none

Food Truck on the Go - Edit

When I discovered Loving Hut Food Truck in dwtn?
WOW

Pros: convenient, food truck, on the go

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut Express - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.