Loving Hut - Elk Grove

Contact 916-478-9590

8355 Elk Grove Blvd Ste 800 (at Laguna Springs), Elk Grove, California, USA, 95758

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by johnsonfamilyzoo

Best Vegan Asian Food in the Area - Edit

I love Loving Hut. Their food is outstanding with an incredible variety of choices. Best things on the menu, are the sample platter, spicy cha cha, chow mein, fried rice, and eggplant with tofu. Only con is I wish they were closer to where we live. We are 45 minutes away and drive here every week. That's how amazing they are!!

Pros: Spicy Cha Cha, Appetizers , Spicy Eggplant with Tofu

Tasty Asian Fusion Food - Edit

In a mood for a burger and fries? Or a hot Bo Hue noodle soup? Or perhaps something to satisfy that sweet tooth like a Raspberry Almond Cheesecake? Well your in luck, this Loving Hut has you all covered.

Wide variety of cuisine types available on their menu. The price is affordable and all dishes are served family-style. So bring some friends and family and have a wonderful meal here~!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Large Portions

Cons: Family Style (not nesscary a con)

Worth the Drive! - Edit

My partner wanted to try out the new vegan "Loving Hut" in Elk Grove for months. Today was the day. Having our Toyota pickup serviced at the Elk Grove Auto Mall, we walked the two or so blocks to the restaurant. What a delight; the menu and food were great, and the atmosphere and music was peaceful and relaxing. Plus, the extensive lunch's special and evening menus were "very competitive". The items we ordered had a wide variety of delightful Oriental herbs and spices and great sauces. Everything tasted like it was fresh and right off the vine. My partner noted that he couldn't wait to get back to start working his way through the whole menus, especially the sweet items. It will be worth the drive from Sacramento for me as there were many "marked" gluten free items.

Pros: Fantastic fresh food., Relaxing space., Great prices.

Cons: There not more of them!

Loving Hut Elk Grove - Edit

We just discovered Loving Hut in Elk Grove. We have eaten there the past two weekends. We tried something different each time and were not disappointed. Everything was quite tasty. We also ordered cheese cake and it was really good.
We think it would be nice if they would offer some combo plates rather than the need to order two large orders of something.
We will definitely be back.

Loving Hut/Elk Grove - This is a great restaurant! - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants ever, anywhere and at any price. The whole menu is vegan, there are tons of great, reasonably priced items. The non-romantic, sterile decor reminds you of Brave New World and 1984 with the TVs and signs blaring pro-vegan messages, but the awesome food and pleasant staff make it well worth going.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 25, 2012

Vegetarian

Contributions +49

Good food, Nice atmosphere - Edit

Have been to both the Loving Hut on Stockton and this one. Here, the atmosphere is better and the food is more consistently good. Only down is the portion sizes seem smaller, and are moderately/expensively priced. I wouldn't have minded paying that much for a little larger portion. But, the staff was friendly, put up with our 4 rambunctious children and large group well, didn't mix up the order at all, and absolutely everything we ordered was great.

Pros: Consistently good food, Good service, Clean & Pristine

Cons: Small portions

Recommended - Edit

This restaurant has low prices, very good service and is clean and spacious.
I ordered the Loving Hut Fried Rice(with brown rice) and the Heavenly Salad. Both were delicious. So was the orange juice, which was freshly made on their juicer.
I also ordered to go The Loving Hut Burger, which is one of the non-Asian items on the menu, and is a cant-miss delight, very delicious(comes with fries). The Lucky Chow Mein is also great and they give you a large portion.
Loving Hut is located in a small, quiet shopping center just beyond the hustle and bustle of Elk Grove, which is another advantage. And it is very easy to find.
The restaurant never seems crowded as it looks like the overwhelming majority mof their business is take-out.
There are 3 cons in my opinion. (1) the restaurant is built out of mostly synthetic materials (i.e. formica), so it is not natural and there is probably some outgassing. (2) There are no condiments on the table, such as soy sauce.
(3) The wall of photos of famous vegetarians/vegans as you enter is missing one of the most vegans in America. Dennis Kucinich is an eight-term Congressman and two-time Presidential candidate.
If you are so inclined, please ask management in writing to include his photo.
Overall, I like it a lot and will be going back soon.

Overall best vegan place in Sac area - Edit

The food is great, the service is great, and the atmosphere is great.

My husband and I love: golden beauty, golden era, lemongrass tofu, the ocean clay pot (forget the name), Thai iced tea, and banana cake. Some dishes are better than others but nothing has been a disappointment.

The service stands out compared to other veggie places in the area. It's nice to feel as though we are eating at a "normal" restaurant. The wait staff are very attentive.

Prices are moderate and the place is very clean.

highly recommended!

Pros: great food, great service, clean

Cons: closed on Wed., too far away from me

YUM! - Edit

The first thing you will notice when you walk into Loving Hut in Elk Grove is how crisp and clean the decor is. It is also very large in case you have a big group. In addition to the cleanliness and size, take note that the staff is ultra friendly and helpful! Now for the important part- the food! Loving Hut serves a great assortment of Asian food. There is also a Loving Hut veggie burger on the menu. They also have a few desserts, smoothies, juices, tea and a non-alcoholic beer. The menu has pictures of the items and the food that comes to the table is actually representative of the pictures in the menu! Most items have tofu or a mock meat, but there are also some veggie only dishes. The Chow Fun and Chow Mein are both very good. They both have a wonderful assortment of fresh veggies and had both a mock beef and tofu. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the "fun" since the noodles were extra yummy! I also tried the Won Ton Soup which is great! I am not usually a fan of soup and usually skip it to save room in my tummy for other items, but I tried it and ended up having 2 bowls! The eggplant tofu with curry is also wonderful! It had a bit of spice to it which was appreciated! I liked that we were able to purchase either white or BROWN rice. On a separate occasion, I ordered the Veggie Burger and Orange Cake. The veggie burger was wonderful. It was obviously hand-made and chock full of veggies & tofu. It was SO much better than one of those pre-fabricated veggie burgers like a Gardenburger or Boca patty! The orange cake was good as well- very sweet. It is simply a treat to find any restaurant where you can go to (as a vegan) and feel like you are ordering like any other person when looking at the menu- no scouring the menu for the 1, possibly 2 vegan items, or trying to figure out which items can be veganized and whether the waiter/waitress will understand what a vegan is & whether the cook will get the order right! It's an extra treat when you have all the choices this restaurant has and the food is a wonderful as this!

Pros: cleanliness, service , variety

Return to Elk Grove Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Elk Grove closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3927 times since Oct 2010.