Loving Hut

Contact 63486318

229 Joo Chiat Rd Unit 01-01, East Singapore, Singapore, 427489

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each outlet is individually owned. Serves vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, vegan desserts. Has kids menu. Last order 2:15pm, 9:15pm. No reservations on weekends or holidays. Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan, Chinese, International, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by cdrk

Loving the Loving Hut - Edit

You just can't go wrong when eating at Loving Hut. From Berlin to Brighton to Paris, I have been lucky to try a few of the international chains and Loving Hut Singapore is definitely up there. We went here twice during our stay and absolutely loved the Thai tofu tod, seitan satay skewers and the 5 spice roll. We also sampled the tandoori flame burger, nasi campur chicken chop portobello and vegan scallops, all of which were well presented and very tasty. The prices are a little expensive with starters and mains ranging from $6.90-$12.90 but well worth it in my opinion, as the food is excellent. If I has one fault it is the desserts. Many of the choco desserts are frozen and not fresh, which was disappointing. Aside form that though, definitely include Loving Hut in your Singapore itinerary.

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Friendly staff, Nice vibe

Cons: Desserts disappointing, A little expensive (but worth it!)

Local food vegan style - Edit

Best place in Singapore to try local dishes like Nonya Laksa the vegan way... Western / fusion menu options also very good. Try the burgers...

Pros: Taste, quality and variety , Ambience , Friendly service

Cons: Location

Always leaving satisfied!! :D - Edit

As I'm the only vegan in my family, I was and still have very delighted that my mom loved this place! The dishes we got were delicious and the desserts are spot on! :) I've been there a couple of times already and I'll definitely still be going back! If you're looking for vegan local foods, this is the place to go :D

Pros: Great service, good food, awesome desserts

Cons: slightly pricy, limited transportation

loving hut joo chiat - Edit

we wanted to try this after reading online reviews of loving hut singapore.

while its presentation was pretty, the almond crumb fillet (sgd14.90) didn't quite reflect what was displayed on the menu. there were three pieces of fake meat, more "cutlet" (yam?) than "fillet", and a little bit of veggies on the side. it definitely wasn't cheap (prices are before 10% service charge), and might not be enough if you're a huge eater.

the nyonya laksa lemak (sgd9.90) again was well presented, with doumiao and sambal on a separate plate, but didn't live up to its looks: the gravy wasn't thick and "lemak" enough and the mock seafood was doughy and unappetising.

we also ordered an avocado smoothie (sgd7.90) to share. this was delicious and refreshing, surprisingly thick and creamy enough even though only avocado, coconut flesh and coconut water were used. the male wait staff took the initative to ask if we'd like the smoothie served in two smaller glasses instead of one.

while the place is cosy and good for a quiet chat, for its higher-than-average prices there are many other options in singapore.

food menu:

drinks menu:
Updated from previous review on Friday October 02, 2015

Pros: nice presentation of food, cosy place

Cons: expensive

Extensive menu and large servings - Edit

Wow - what an amazing selection of items to choose from on their menus!

We were taken there by some non-vegan friends who live in the area. They were astonished at how yummy all the food was and the variety of choices. For us, a family of 5, we were impressed by the sheer variety of food, drinks and dessert. My 8yo nearly jumped out of her seat when she realised that she could have lasagne in Singapore (we'd been eating other types of food); And what an amazingly HUGE serving of lasagne it was - I don't think an average adult could finish it off.

They do have a kids menu with smaller portion sizes, and will happily provide a high chair for the really little ones and their own child-size plates, cups and cutlery.

Their main food items included laksa, salads, pasta, burgers, and rice dishes - something for everyone. Their long list of drinks made it a bit difficult to choose from and the drinks were sizeable.

Staff are friendly and attentive but the prices aren't cheap. I'd call them moderate (esp when compared to Sydney food prices). For a family of 5, who each ordered a drink and a main (which wasn't necessarily a kids meal), it cost us just over $120, so not cheap. However, everything was DELICIOUS!

We didn't hang around for dessert as we were all too full from dinner... they were also trying to close up around us, but were at least polite about it.

Recommended as a restaurant for a special occasion.

Pros: Variety, Service, Atmosphere

Cons: Price

Great Food - Edit

If this is what Loving Hut is like everywhere I will definitely become a patron. The food was fantastic, though a bit more expensive than I've come to be accustomed to living in China, it was worth every penny. I was only there for two days. And I wanted to try more places so I stuffed myself with 3 dishes and 2 drinks. It was all very good and they had some new flavors and a few things I asked about were simple alterations that made them great. I'm a pure gluten free vegan and they had plenty of options and everything was labeled very nicely with spicy, garlic,onion/gluten-free for peoples preferences.

Pros: Great flavor, Friendly staff, Great Selection

Cons: Pricey

Best of the Best - Edit

My favorite restaurant in the world! I don't eat out much, but was in Singapore for a few weeks, and I was thrilled to find this superb restaurant near my hotel. Both local and Western dishes are excellent; local tend to be more economical. Drinks fantastic (try the coconut-avo and choco-avo smoothies). 6 stars! (I'm not a devotee of their Master, but I'm very grateful to her for this)

Not moderate. - Edit

I didn't eat there, I checked the whole menu (food and drink), it is very expensive according to Singaporean standard !!!
I know it's mostly organic but still, some meals cost 16SD, knowing that in some places one can it for 3 or 4SD...
It would be nice to keep what I encoded while adding this place : expensive !

The place looks clean and nice, the menu is big, mostly Asian but also burgers, fries, etc.

As I have to write an overall rating, I do but I never ate in that one ! I ate years ago in another smaller one that was pretty good.

Cons: Expensive

Return to East Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3367 times since Jan 2014.