Loving Hut - Costa Rica

Contact 506-22600707

Del ICE 75 metros Norte, Street 3, Heredia, Costa Rica,

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants. Individual family owned and operated. Serves Costa Rican and Western vegan food. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Asian, Costa Rican

First Review by denes

Loving Hut - Edit

Food was delicious, staff were helpful, restaurant is run by the most lovely vegan family :)

Daily specials were amazing -- travelling as a vegan can be a hassle and it's always a real treat to be able to sample some local food vegan style.

Thank you and greetings from Australia!

Good vegan fast food - Edit

I loved the food, was delicious. The price is moderate, not cheap, but not expensive, it-s good value for money. The portions are good and the food is served really fast. Try the cocona juice, is delicious!

A true vegan restaurant - Edit

Hands down the best vegan restaurant I've been to. Starting with the food, all of their dishes are totally vegan and delicious, the portions are also very good. It's enough to say that just a month after the opening, years ago, of this restaurant I decided to drop eating meat since I discovered there's good options of food and people happy about it.

The quality of the food is really good, if you order the Plato del Day (Daily Meal) you'll get a soup entree, main dish (usualy with a salad) and a drink, all of this for a really really fair price.

On the other side stuff like the lapices, tacos, soyo frito are all amazing, as well as the desserts.

Finally the staff, has to be some of the best people I know, with the best vibe and attitude you can ever get. Totally recommended

Pros: Good portions and price, Awesome food, Good vibe

Heredia has a heavenly vegan palace: Loving Hut - Edit

I had maybe the best dinning experience ever at Loving Hut Costa Rica. People there simply rock. They are so professional, friendly, caring, anyway, we will feel like a queen or king when eating at that amazing vegan restaurant.

I asked 'plato del dia' plus another dish, but they informed me that would be too much for me to eat, can you imagine? so honest they are! so i chose plato del dia, which was a very nice rice 'arroz a marinera', an exotic dark cream-like sauce, probably made with dark beans, and delicious salad. They served me a wonderful, light soup first.

for drinking, I ordered watermelon smoothie with soya milk, sooooo goooood.

for dessert, oh for dessert, i was treated with a dream-like peace of cake, with all those thing any kid or adult would desire, like filling, cream, strawberry, etc. needless to say it was soooooo yummy!!

Also they suggest me to drink iced coffe with vegan cream whipped cream and chocolate, since it is unique in Costa Rica, perhaps the only eatery offering this drink in a vegan version. Can you guess how good it was? Ohhhhh my gooooood, awesome, amazing, and as you mix it using your straw, you feel a pleasant blending of all it has. unforgettable.

So do not miss going to Loving Hut if you are staying in Costa Rica. It is located in Heredia Province. We will definitely love speding time there while enjoying all this and much more they can offer at a fair price.

Pros: super excellent food, so friendly staff, very nice vibe

Loving Hut - Love it! - Edit

A bright, clean, happy place for vegan eating. Excellent food, great atmosphere, friendly helpful service. I highly recommend this restaurant and plan to be eating here myself msny, many times.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Wonderful atmosphere

Loving the Loving Hut - Edit

I finally went there after eating take-out a couple of times from there. The food is delicious and 100% vegan. There are very-very few places in Costa Rica where a vegan can walk in and order the "plato del dia" (plate of the day), but this is one of them. My orders were: hamburgers (with chickpea paddy), falafels, salads, patacones (platoon chips - Panamanian style stuff) and enchiladas. They were all delicious. I haven't tried their soups and I do not eat rice or cakes, but soups are next to try. The place is clean, staff is super nice. It is a busy corner but it was quiet inside. I would recommend it to everyone vegan.

Pros: 100% vegan, friendly staff, delicious food

Return to Heredia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Costa Rica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.