Loving Hut - Claremont

• Friend
Contact 909-621-1668

175 N Indian Hill Blvd Building A 102, Claremont, California, USA, 91711

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually owned and operated. Its motto is "Be Veg, Go Green 2 Save the Planet." NOTE: This Loving Hut branch started a project called Go-Green Community Build up, where you can join a loyalty customer rewarding plan and receive membership rewarding plan. For more details call and ask for Charles. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-4:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-8:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:30pm, Sun 11:30am-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by russog22

You get what you pay for - Edit

The food is mouth-watering. I ate the vegan kung pao chicken, the arugula pizza, and the green tea ice cream. The food portions are huge, so I recommend splitting it with someone. The prices are a little expensive considering that my sister and I split the food and the bill came to be $45. The location is beautiful and you get what you pay for.

Pros: Location , Tasty Food

Great Vegan restaurant - Edit

Great tasting food and friendly service. A little pricey but I suppose this comes from a lack of competition and it is Claremont after all :) I had the mushroom pizza and chocolate cake for desert which were both fab so I highly recommend the Loving Hut. :)

Go to Loving Hut Upland instead! - Edit

:( It breaks my heart to leave a bad review for a vegan restaurant. There was a time where there were so few vegan options that any vegan restaurant deserved 5 stars just for catering to our diets. I'm so happy that in the year 2016 we have options! Lots of options. And with that being said, I'd recommend steering clear from this location. I've dined at Loving Huts all over California to Texas and had great experiences. One of the best things about Loving Hut is you typically get a good value for the large size food portions. My first time eating at Loving Hut Claremont I had the exact opposite experience. Extremely over priced and smaller than normal portions. I ordered the "Crispy Ocean Shrine" because I'm a sucker for vegan shrimps. They were tasty but it was like they took 3 shrimps, cut them in half, fried them, through 3 of the halfs in the garbage, and then gave me 1.5 shrimps... They came on a bed of soggy french fries. This portion would have been fair for an appetizer at a couple of bucks ($1 a shrimp? Is that fair?). Pleaseeeee just go to Loving Hut Upland instead. It's close enough and you'll have a better experience!!

Pros: Vegan food

Cons: Portions too small, Prices way to high

vegan and organic - Edit

So happy to find this upstanding vegan and largely organic restaurant in Claremont. There is not a vegan scene out here compared to LA where I'm from so what a relief. The food is fantastic. Easy to order clean and high raw. Our server knew everything about the dishes and although I don't do dessert myself I was tempted by the gorgeous hearty down home style offerings in their display case. Love it!

Overall, good - Edit

The appetizer sushi quinoa rolls were a bit of a let down. My friend got the portebello and roasted color peppers with the salad. She wasn't too impressed with the overall taste. I ordered the mballs with penne pasta. I thought it was really good, towards the bottom of the plate sat most of the oil and grease. I thought it became a little too oily at some point though. The veggie balls tasted delicious and the chocolate cake desert was absolutely delicious. This specific location had a very nice chic/modern interior.

Pros: Nice vibe, desert was fantastic, different menu options

Lots of choices - Edit

I love every single Loving Hut location I've been to. This Claremont ones specifically has many options. From pizza to pasta to salads, there's something that'll definitely catch your eye

Delicious and friendly - Edit

Similar to other US locations of Loving Hut. Food was fresh and delicious, and the service was friendly.

Very good experience. Loved the outdoor seating at night (especially because you can avoid the religious videos)

Pros: All vegan, Friendly, Delicious

Cons: The religious bombardment

Tasty food but not very accommodating - Edit

I only dined here once. The food was tasty enough and the server was polite. I requested quinoa instead of rice since they did have quinoa on the menu for another dish. She said they wouldn't substitute. I said I'd be willing to pay an extra $ or two. She checked with the manager who also said no because they didn't want to run out of quinoa. I don't see how they could predict whether they would have too little or too much by the end of the day, not knowing how many people would order it. Unable or unwilling to make more? Also, if you request gluten-free, make sure you re-iterate you want gluten-free. She forgot.

Great for Vegan Food - Edit

Thank goodness for the Loving Hut, now we have a place to go for all vegan food when in this area.

This location is similar to the other Loving Huts in the southern California. Menu is primarily Vietnamese and Chinese with some Western choices.

I like the stir fry noodles and the soups.

Please go support them!

Food is good - Edit

their food is very good. my husband is not vegan and he likes their food. we also like that we have the option to sit outside. my only complaint is they water down their soap in the bathroom.

Pros: good food, great location

A very welcome addition to Claremont dining - Edit

We recently had our first meal at Loving Hut Claremont with old friends from town with varying diets, and all of us were very pleased.

The menu is quite varied, and everything we ordered was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the wonton pillows. Great appetizers and desserts, too.

Service was friendly and attentive, and handled our special requests well.

Recommended! :-)

Pros: good variety, tasty, great dessert

love it - Edit

I recently discovered this place and I'm glad that I did. They have the best quinoa sushi rolls! Their kale salad is delicious, and I love their soups. My only complaint: Too many processed soy dishes on the menu. I tend to eat only organic, sprouted tofu when I eat soy products. It would be nice to see a couple of different soy-free, gluten-free burgers on the menu. :)

Pros: vegan, delicious

Cons: too many soy dishes

Unbeatable Vegan Tiramisu! - Edit

This is one of my favorite vegan eateries. After having the steak rolls I was so blown away by the taste that I proceeded to order as many things on the menu that my stomach could hold. The location is great, the decor is modern and suits it well, the menu isn't huge but everything on it seems spectacular and the prices are reasonable. The Tiramisu Cake dessert alone would have been enough for me give this place a high rating but it's just simply that I don't really have anything negative to say about this place so it's a must visit restaurant to anyone who lives close enough or is traveling to that area.

Pros: Vegan Tiramisu!, Vegan Tiramisu!, Vegan Tiramisu!

Great Vegan Food! - Edit

We got take out from this restaurant as we didn't have the time to eat in, and even though the food was reheated in our microwave at home it was awesome! I can only imagine how much better it is in the restaurant!

There was about a half hour wait but we ordered 11 dishes to go and it takes time to prepare all that food. Their menu is totally different from the Upland location, so you are not repeating any dishes when you eat here. The dishes that we have had so far were great; Taco Diego, Creamy Penne Pasta with Mushrooms, Garden Steak Sandwich and Crispy Chicken wings. Still have to try the Vegetable Lasagna and the Avocado Seitan Club but I'm sure they are as good!

Hard to find, unfortunately the city does not allow huge signs, this restaurant is tucked into the interior of a small shopping center which includes a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf which is easy to spot and is on the street.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value

Cons: hard to find

I really wish to support this place - Edit

Let me start out by saying that I was incredibly excited to see they were putting a Loving Hut in Claremont. I've tried this restaurant about five or six times, and I want to support it because it's a vegan restaurant, but at the same time, I think the restaurant is poorly managed. I've gone 6 or 7 times to try and eat, but still haven't succeeded in being able to order what I want. They aren't dependable with their hours and I've gone two or three times when they were supposed to be open, to find that they were closed. They haven't had lids for to go cups since their restaurant opened, and I often see their cook out in the restaurant preparing food and sitting and watching t.v. at a table that was made for restaurant guests. I've never seen a restaurant where the cook prepares food in the front of the house in my life! It's too bad.

Cons: irregular hours

All vegan - Edit

Took my mother here for a great experience at a highly reputable Vegan Restaurant Line. However, we went to order and the waitress indicated that some items may take an hour to get. Does anyone else seem this is crazy? We ended up ordering from the side of the menu that would be quicker, however, we still were limited with choices. They did not have all the items available. Dessert choices were limited. I want to see a Vegan and Gluten Free choice in Claremont!

Pros: Friendly Waitress

Cons: Limited Menu

Return to Claremont Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Claremont closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5918 times since Jul 2011.