Loving Hut

Contact 02-97270356

Shop 3/237 Canley Vale Road (at Cumberland Hyway), Canley Heights, New South Wales, 2166

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, vegan dessert. Pure white and bright golden themes decor with surrounding walls displaying artwork and Supreme Master Television programs playing softly in the background. Try the heavenly salad and the grilled veg fish with vermicelli.

Category: Vegan, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by KatherineH

Hit and miss, but good! - Edit

I normally like all vegan foods, so it was interesting that some dishes I absolutely loved, and some I absolutely disliked. I've never experienced that complete polar opposite in a restaurant before. Absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED the Peking duck and crispy chicken with rice! However the pork and broken rice, mango smoothie, and dumplings I could not eat. Will definitely be going back because those dishes were SO good, but I'll be a little more cautious trying other dishes on the menu

Awesome cruelty free vegan food! - Edit

Food from this place has helped me eased into becoming a vegan. Was a vegetarian 12 months ago before I got inspired by my husband to go vegan. The transition would have certainly been harded had we not discovered this place. The food is fantastic, especially all loved all the soup dishes. Everything has so much flavour. I am now a regular :)

Pros: Fantastic food

Cons: Service can be slow especially when busy

Loved it! - Edit

I had the Bun Rieu (a tomato-based soup) and my best friend had the Heavenly Salad. My goodness these options were delicious. The flavours were spot on - I couldn't believe something cruelty-free could taste this good. My best friend is an omnivore and she loved it too. We also got a "caramel" dessert pudding and a pandan Vietnamese dessert. My friend could not believe that it was completely vegan and egg free. She lives at Canley so we'll be sure to be back! :)
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 15, 2014

Pros: excellent food, beautiful flavours, really big portions

Cons: staff was unattentive , live too far away :(

Outstanding! - Edit

My first visit and on my own, so only had the Pho, but the food, service and value was simply outstanding! Will be back with my family of 4 Vegans for sure!

Pros: food, service, value

Cons: too far away (for me)

Horrible - Edit

I went for my birthday with my family (there were 5 of us). We got there and it was pretty quiet, maybe 1 group other than us. We ordered and slowly the restaurant began filling up. 2 people in our group got their meals and an hour later the other 3 of us were still without our meal. Really poor service. And I was watching that people who arrived and ordered after us were getting their meals so quick and leaving before we even got our meals. This restaurant is poorly organised. We ended up leaving hungry, it was just bad.

Pros: nothing

Cons: time to serve, service

Fresh and vibrant! - Edit

I was so glad I came across this gem of a restaurant! Clean, fresh looking, and with a nice selection of books to look at and a small cabinet of cooking supplies to buy, Loving Hut in Canley Heights provides a modern alternative to other vegan restaurants in this part of Sydney.

I have been there twice now, and both times I was served with friendliness and efficiency, even offered (free) tea to drink while I was waiting for my order (take-away).

I can thoroughly recommend the "Heavenly Salad", which is a wonderfully vibrant and fresh (and huge) meal of fresh raw sliced vegetables and herbs with slices of fried tofu, soy "chicken" and "duck" throughout. So far I have also tried a couple of the noodle and tofu or braised tofu and vegetable dishes, which were also very good.

This Loving Hut also sells vegan cup cakes and today I bought vegan lamingtons which were lovely.

Hope to return to Loving Hut asap.

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy, Friendly Staff

Return to Canley Heights Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1271 times since Dec 2010.