CLOSED: Loving Hut - Bukit Merah

• Vegan

Contact 63774354

Bukit Merah Central, Block 161, Unit 01-3725 (at RedHill MRT, next to POSB), Central Singapore, Singapore, 150161

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. A la cart and set meals available every day. Buffet days Thursday & Saturday. Nonya food and local cuisine. Air-conditioned. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, Buffet, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Asian

First Review by bandita

a great place to try - Edit

They have vegan ice cream that are very delicious; they come in two flavours, chocolate and another berry one. The berry one was very sweet and tasty, i enjoyed it very much.

The organic brown rice sets there were great, together with the soup (and a generous amount of guchi berries), it made a great meal.

Like the other Loving Hut restaurants, they have wonderful drinks with a unique taste, and are very colourful, pleasing to the eye. I had a rose juice that had a nice flavour. The colours are really amazing. (the website is www.lovinghut.com , with the menu there)

I've heard of the buffet on Saturday that last for the whole day at $4.80. I'm looking forawrd to it, as well as the other desserts like corn pudding and the banana muffin. Definately going to go back again.

Pros: super friendly staff, wonderful food and variety, great atmosphere

Pleasant atmosphere, good food, reasonable price - Edit

At first, I was disappointed when I saw the menu because it wasn't the same as the one in the U.S., which had good reviews so I was looking forward to it. Nevertheless, the food was good. My friend and I shared each others dishes and we both liked it all. I didn't care too much for the soup. We both tried 2 different desserts. I didn't like either one, but he liked both. Both were gelatin (vegan of course) based, which I don't care for. I also had a Rose shake, which had an interesting flavor...a flavor I've been craving and wanting again! I would definitely go back again. My friend is not a vegetarian and even he enjoyed it and would like to go back. I'm curious to try the buffet. The waitress gave us interesting reading material before we left and gave a brief summary of the benefits of being a vegetarian. My friend didn't take the time to read it, but I wish he did. Very informative. Talked about all the good reasons to be a vegetarian (good health, better for the environment, non-violence, religious myths that support killing animals, etc).

Pros: Reasonable variety, Reasonable price, Informative

Cons: Little tricky to find, Need more desserts

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut - Bukit Merah closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 270 times since Aug 2009.