Loving Hut - Brooklyn

Contact 718-388-7567

76 Bushwick Ave (at East Williamsburg), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11211

Part of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually operated; this est. 2013. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts.

Category: Vegan, American, Chinese, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by joelrama

Brooklyn Loving Hut - Edit

I have been to a lot of Loving huts: in Canada, Korea, Poland, etc.
Not all are on the same level but the one in Brooklyn was a nice experience. I had the Classic Mac and Cheese, one of the few "American" options on the menu. The rest is similar to the others locations: currys, rolls, dumplings, soups, sautéed vegetables, etc.
It was very good. I also got complimentary jasmine tea. And the staff was really nice!

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-10

Pros: Good and filling, A lot of items, Good quality/quantity/Price ratio

Best food we had in new york! - Edit

We came across this place when champs diner was full with a one hour wait. we checked happy cow for other places nearby and found loving hut brooklyn five minute walk away. we had vegan bacon cheese burger and sweet potato chips. for dessert we had vegan cheesecake and carrot cake (beautiful). we had almond milk shakes to drink. service very good. lovely place. recommend to any vegan in new york.

Pros: great meals and lots of choice for food and drink.

Cons: a bit of a trek from Manhattan but totally worth i

great crispy mushrooms - Edit

I saw a previous review said the crispy mushrooms were very spicy but that is not the case, they are topped off with fried or toasted garlic slices, so my guess is this guy got a lot of them or bit into a lot of them first... They are delicious. The brown rice was mixed and kinda dry.
My husband got the bacon cheeseburger and loved it, however he's not sure where the bacon was... There was a weird slice that looked like mock ham... So maybe that was their bacon.
Either way, great lunch and cheap. Cash only!!

Decent food - Edit

We have been to several Loving Huts around the world, they all have similar menus and we always expect decent food.

This place had really nice staff, very friendly and it was busy with locals (always a good sign!). Plenty of choice on the menu, specials, desserts.....! We enjoyed our food and had chai tea which was nice as the weather was terrible outside!

If you are in the area I would try them out, I also remember seeing they had very good opening hours. It is a few blocks walk away from Champs (which is fantastic) so if you go to one, you can check out the other whilst nearby.

Pros: lovely staff, good portions, lots of choice

The Friendliest - Edit

This is the friendliest restaurant I've ever been to. The owners shared food with me when I got in (amazing sweet potato and yuka fries and the fried mushrooms appetizers - both amazing). I got the soy nuggets, which were good and the crispy mushrooms lunch special which was very spicy but a little dry. Love the boba tea! I look forward to coming back.

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Brooklyn closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.