Loving Hut

Contact 07-32194118

Shop 2/ 1420 Logan Rd, Brisbane, Queensland, 4122

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Casual, modern decor. Non smoking. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-8:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Asian

First Review by sadimgnik

hit and miss - Edit

I have been here several times now, my first visit was a good experience however my 2nd and 3rd were not so great. The girl on the front counter serving was so rude and actually seemed a bit bored being there. Portions sizes my 2nd time here were much smaller than my 1st visit as well (I ordered the same items). I wouldn't go out of my way to visit here anymore but if im in the area I'll get takeaway.

Pros: cheap prices, 100% vegan, yummy food

Cons: rude counter staff , portion sizes seem to change

Always nice - Edit

This is a nice place to come in and grab a tasty, affordable vegan meal. The atmosphere is always pleasant. The food is consistently good. The menu has a variety of cuisines to accommodate everyone.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-30

Pros: Good variety, Consistent quality, Friendly environment

Cons: Small portions

special vegan restaurant - Edit

I have eaten at Loving Hut restaurants in Australia, Thailand and Vietnam but I always look forward to visiting to this one ... Loving Hut is not like other restaurant as it is run by followers of the Supreme Master tv group ... sometimes I have been as part of a vego group but mostly I go on my own ... I have worked my way through everything on their menu and have not been ever disappointed with the quality or quantity of the food ... this week's visit was no exception with same beautiful food and same great service ... updated menu photos uploaded

Pros: great vego restaurant

Hit and Miss - Edit

The food is not bad but can be quite oily, and sometimes not hot enough. Overall it's quick, easy and reasonably priced, but not very fresh. If you're into fake meat and vegan versions of old favourites, you'll have a good time. If not, there are better options.

Pros: Reasonable price, All vegan, Quick service

Cons: Lacks freshness

Feeling the Love - Edit

I've made several trips to The Loving Hut, and their service and food are equally amazing! There's something for everyone, and even my non-veg friends love eating here! They have a great, loving vibe and their passion for vegan food is amazing! I've tried several dishes here and am particularly partial to their Peking Luck Pancakes and Tom Yum Fried Rice.

Family dinner winner - Edit

This is the 5th Loving Hut I have visited so far and like the others it provides great value, tasty food. I took my omni family members along and they all seemed to thoroughly enjoy their meals. Good, friendly service too!

Something for everyone - Edit

I bring all my friends and family here. Has a good selection of different cuisines and all vegan! Favourite dish is the lasagne.

Pros: Well priced , Good portions , Selection of international cuisines

Cons: Menu never changes occasional specials , Personally find the tv's distracting , No alcohol

Delicious and huge menu ! - Edit

I had a fantastic experience at The Loving Hut…I found the guy who served very friendly. I was surprised by such an extensive menu and decided on the creamy mushroom "cabonara" pasta…wow !! the tastiest meal ! and HUGE well worth the cpl extra $s enough for two to share. Fast service too. Looking forward to my next visit :)

Pros: delicious, big menu selection, fast service

Try smiling once in a while! - Edit

I have been eating at Loving Hut for many years now and always love the food- can't lose with such an extensive menu-ALL DELICIOUS and the food never disappoints. However, tonight I went with a group of friends and we were served (if you can call it that!) by the most miserable young lady- I hope for her sake she was just having a bad day! We all agreed the food was great- but two of the party said they would never return because of the poor service.

Pros: Excellent food, Good Value, Generous servings

Cons: Miserable staff !

Mixed Experiences - Edit

I've been here a number of times, had some good experiences, and some slightly more 'iffy' ones. I'll continue to return, however, as my non-veg friends love the food here, and the prices really can't be beaten. Some of the menu items are absurdly good (especially the mushroom carbonara, so creamy!).

The service here is really speedy, and a couple of times it has been too speedy - to the point where my food wasn't warmed through when it arrived. For this reason, I'll never order the sweet & sour nuggets again.

The decor is a little bland too, but that's okay. Again, with the price of the meals (and the deliciousness when they do get it right) it's worth a try if you can find a menu item that you enjoy.

Pros: Excellent value, Tasty carbonara, Quick service

Cons: Decor, Food not always cooked through properly

Amazing - love love love - Edit

All expectations exceeded. They may have got our order slightly wrong, but it just meant we enjoyed the salt n pepper tofu instead of the salt n pepper mushroom. The food is amazing, prices are great, staff are lovely, setting was comfortable and they have a great freezer selection of goodies. Wish I had room for dessert, but alas an excuse to come back.

Pros: Good prices , Delicious Food, All rounder!

Cons: May get order wrong - human error, Lots of deep fried food, There are none of these in SA!

loving hut love! - Edit

i've been to other loving huts and this one might just be my favorite. the heavenly salad was just perfect as was the thai red curry. staff was friendly and the place was clean. plus the pricing was good as the portions are a good size. i really like the outdoor seating area.

Pros: full of flavor, vegan heaven, good sized portions

Love Loving Hut - Edit

With several visits to this Loving Hut in the last few years I have always found the service and food of a reasonable quality. The decor and atmosphere is more canteen quality, so it not your 'hot date' type place to take your veggo girlfriend. However, all food is vegan and reasonably priced. The meals are predominantly Asian inspired and they use quite a bit of soy and tofu in their dishes. Vegetables in all dishes are fresh and not overcooked and they often have specials of the day that include seasonal fruit or vegetables - so there is often something new and different to try.

Pros: economical, vegan!, varied menu

Cons: canteen-style decor and atmosphere

Good but... - Edit

Overall my first outing to The Loving Hut Mt Gravatt was fine. The staff were both nice and fast but don't offer the good service you might expect from a restaurant. The food came out quickly and was pretty nice - although there seems to be soy and/or tofu in just about everything (maybe that's just my impression).

If I could change one thing it would be that they concentrated on interior decoration and ambience. Everything is either too plain or too tacky and there's really no need for either. If it weren't for my choice of diet I wouldn't eat there just because it felt more like a canteen than a fun outing.

Overall it was good enough for me to go back.

Updated from previous review on Sunday September 28, 2014

Pros: The food is fast and quite nice overall., Staff are courteous and friendly enough, Price is quite affordable.

Cons: More like a canteen than restaurant, Staff not great at service, Tofu/Soy in almost everything

Loving It! - Edit

Loving Hut has become my favourite veg restaurant!
The meals are quite large, very affordable, and taste absolutely heavenly! There's live music on Thursdays and 10% off dinner on Tuesdays, alfresco dining as well.
I've tried their Beijing Black Bean, which became an instant favourite, the flavour just blew me away!
The "Seven Seas Delight" comes as a close second, it's crispy and delightful with a sticky ginger-soy sauce, and to be honest I don't even know what it was made of, but the place being a vegan spot I didn't have to ask :)
My husband said their Laksa was the best one he's ever had, and he's a carnivore. Good news for me, I won't have to twist his arm to go back there for a meal, hehe.
The "Ten Wonders" was great too, it just surprised me that the veggies on top of the noodles weren't cooked, but raw. Still delicious though. Oh, and the "Crispy Yum" was tasty too. I took my meat eating mates there and they were very surprised by how tasty vegan food can be.
Even the biggest meat fan of our group said he'd be back, and so will I.

Pros: Cheap, Large meals, Food comes out quickly

Best Vegan Restaurant in Brisbane - Edit

Dress casual but eat like a King! Lasagne, Laksa, Malay Satay Sticks, Nuggets, Tom Yum rice - the most extensive menu for a Vegan joint. This is the place to take your non-Vegetarian friends and they can still order meals they know - and they will love the taste and textures. I used to love The Magic Wok / Leaderbowl in Sunnybank (now closed) but this is the best of the best. The Green Edge (Windsor) and Tea Master (Fortitude Valley) are the next best.

Having eaten at the Loving Huts in Hong Kong and South Korea, which are also great, I have to say our Brisbane shop is something very, very special. Enjoy the casual atmosphere and the wonderful tucker!

Pros: Most extensive Vegan menu ever, Most dishes are winners, Car Park out back

Cons: Supreme Master TV

Love Loving Hut - Edit

This has gotta be one of the best vegan restaurants in Brisbane. The prices are great, the food is consistently good, and the range of food is amazing! I take all my non-vegan friends here and they love it and later take their own families and friends here! Oh...and the price is so reasonable! I was so impressed I have written a review, and that doesn't happen very often!

Pros: delicious and consistent, well priced, clean with a 5 star highest rating

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12074 times.