Loving Hut - Arlington

• Vegan
Contact 817-472-0550

4515 Matlock Rd Ste 123, Arlington, Texas, USA, 76018

Part of international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Try the pizza.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Organic, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by aubreymae

Food is amazing - Edit

The Loving Hut in Arlington is really a good place for a total vegan eating experience. Food is up fast, seasoned perfectly and they have a lot of selections. Our favorites are the clay bowls (try the Umami!) and the wraps although the seitan sandwiches are very good, too. There are only a handful of tables and facing west, it does get a little warm inside. They do not serve beer and the atmosphere is more that of a fast food restaurant but we go several times a month because the food is so great and wholesome and the staff are sincerely nice people. I would recommend the Loving Hut to other vegans in this area since Arlington's vegan choices are so limited.

Pros: 100% vegan, Wonderful, well-seasoned dishes, Varied selection of dishes

Cons: Tiny with only a few tables, Very plain interior, Gets hot inside in summer

Serves the purpose - Edit

Having dined at dozens of family-owned Loving Hut eateries around the world, and having experienced wide-ranging quality, i never know what to expect the first time i walk into a new one, but i'm always willing to try at least once because often they're very good.

This particular Loving Hut, in Arlington, was what i guess i'd call typical for the Loving Hut universe. Since in my experience at Loving Huts, the Asian food has better odds of being good than the western food, i ordered one of the relatively few Asian dishes on the menu, and it was tasty. It didn't wow me, but didn't disappoint either.

The service during my visit was quietly sweet.

There's ample free parking in the lot.

Enjoy :-)

Pros: All vegan, varied menu

Excellent, what else is there to say? - Edit

I am well impressed with their Seitan strip sandwiches, makes for all the joys of being a vegan without missing any of the culinary benefits of being a carnivore. I am highly impressed by their menu variety.

My Favorite Vegan Restaurant - Edit

This is my favorite vegan restaurant! Every time I go there I'm amazed at the variety and flavor of their dishes. Their sandwiches are made with the most wonderful baguettes--crispy and fresh. I'm usually there for lunch, so I get a sandwich or wrap, but they also have hot meals--all at a very reasonable price.

Pros: Excellent food, Great prices, Casual atmosphere

Excellent food! Very clean place, large variety. - Edit

We try to come here often even though we live almost an hour away. Their food is VERY tasty. Everything we've tried has been great. It's delicious, nutritious, and clean. They know exactly what they're doing.
Our family's favorites are, Nacho's (fresh sauce made from eggplant and spices, SO GOOD. They used to give just enough sauce, but today they poured lots of extra on it, which is awesome.), Cosmic Fusion Clay hot pot, very tasty and satisfying if you like rice dishes( rice in stone bowl with vegan omelette{tofu}, jalapeños, vegetables), Chili Wrap is filling, hearty, and just how you'd expect a nice chili wrap supposed to be. Pizza is also great over all, lots of options and a large variety of different ones. Zucchini noodle soup Pho' is also nice. Many times they have chocolate cake which we also like. We're working our way through the menu because everything they made has been great.
Highly recommend!

Pros: Very tasty food, everything!, Exceptionally clean, Nutritious options

Cons: None, just a little far from us

Great food! - Edit

I was so pleased to find this place, as we were staying in the area for Six Flags and were worried about what we would eat etc! Although the staff were not the friendliest, the place itself is clean, open and inviting. The food was good (if a little slow) and I thought their menu had a nice variety of options. Some Loving Huts have quite a bland menu but I did like that they covered so many food types here- so you can eat here regularly and have plenty of choice!

Their chick'n strips were gorgeous. My main was a rice dish which was also nice and a huge portion, so i kept some for lunch the next day! Oh and their blueberry smoothie went down a treat!! :)

Best Vegan Pizza! - Edit

As a new vegan, I was a little skeptical about pizza. I come from a background where cheese is just another food group and meat was standard. Vegan pizza scared me. When I had ordered and taken the first bite, my mind completely changed. It was the BEST pizza I had ever eaten. A beautiful crust with a pesto base, huge chunks of mushrooms, black olives, basil, and cherry tomatoes. The perfect amount of spice and crispy goodness.

And, oh my gosh....the cookies. I could die right now! Almond-Coconut and Cranberry-Pepita cookies. If I'm not in a mood to bake my own (which is frequently), I will be a regular customer for these alone! My whole family enjoyed this experience and we will definitely be back.

Pros: Perfect Portions, Price, Excellent Food

Loving the Loving Hut in Arlington,Tx - Edit

We don't actually have a hugh variety of vegan restaurants in DFW but those that we do have are great! The seitan bagette is amazing as is the chili it is always a treat to eat at Loving Hut. I have gotten my co-workers on board even though they are not vegan. When it is my turn to choose where lunch comes from this is my place.
Updated from previous review on Monday February 25, 2013

Pros: Fresh food, Excellent service, Clean!!

Cons: Need more Loving Huts in the area

Clean, bright and plant-based - Edit

Arlington's Loving Hut is always sparkling clean with excellent wait staff. The food is good, fresh, and delicious. The seating is reminiscent of a fast food casual type of restaurant, but they accommodate our large groups at times as well. A new menu has added more things to love, like sweet potato fries and a few Asian dishes.

Pros: Clean, Pleasant

Great food! - Edit

My children and I visited The Loving Hut, Saturday for lunch. We were so excited to find a vegan restaurant so close to us. The menu had a good variety of foods as well as desserts. The five of us all got something different in order to taste several dishes. The service was great.
The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. Even my carnivore 21 year old son liked it all. We will def be going back and often!

Pros: Healthy choices, Deliciously prepared, friendly staff

Convenient and Oh So Yummy! - Edit

Having tried the Loving Hut in Chicago, my husband and I just knew we were in for a treat when we heard it was coming to Arlington, TX. Every branch is different in their menu. This one was VERY different from the one in Chicago (Chicago being Asian dishes and this one more "Americanized"), but both are just delightful.

The staff was very quick to bring out our water and food, even though the place was packed. My husband and I each got the creamy broccoli soup and LOOOOOVED it! My husband's main dish choice was the Supreme Rice. It was absolutely delicious. My choice was the Gigantic Wrap with coleslaw. The coleslaw was yummy and the wrap very flavorful. Though there weren't as many items on the menu as the Chicago branch, we figure it will build with time. We will definitely go back again!!

Pros: Quick Customer Service, Delicious food, Intimate setting

Cons: Moderate pricing, Small location, Limited items on menu

Return to Arlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Arlington closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5423 times since Dec 2010.