Loving Hut

Contact 972-980-1840

14925 Midway Rd Ste 102, Addison, Texas, USA, 75001

Part of international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Lunch buffet on weekdays. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Free Wi-Fi. Mon 9:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by beerzuki

Lots of Options! - Edit

I love this place and can't wait to go back! They have asian food, american food, tasty beverages and more! Perfect place to introduce non vegans to good vegan food.

Pros: Good selection, Nice waitstaff , Nice atmosphere

Cons: , ,

Overall was good - Edit

When our group (The veggie outers) visited them, their food was good and the staff was very friendly. The only problem was it took over an hour for all of us (There were 19 of us) to get our food. It seems they have trouble accommodating large groups of people. Hopefully as business picks up, that issue can get addressed in the future.

Pros: Awesome Food, Econmical

Cons: Long waits for large groups

Amazing! - Edit

I love this restaurant so much that I eat here at least twice a week. It is very clean, the food is consistent in preparation and the employees are the best. Our favorites are Pad Thai, Golden Millenium, Mapo Tofu and the Potstickers. The lunch buffet is outstanding!

Cannot believe it's all vegan! - Edit

Visited Loving Hut today (10/22/14) for dinner! I had the Mongolian Delight and my husband had the Pad Thai. Both dishes were delicious! I would add the Mongolian Delight far exceeded our expectations! We were fighting for the left overs. We still can't believe it's not meat! Thank to all of the Happy Cow reviews for recommending this dish. We plan to eat here again and again!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 22, 2014

First vegan restaurant a hit! - Edit

I'm a new vegan and had only prepared my own meals at home until I discovered Loving Hut this week on a business trip to Dallas. What a relief to discover healthy food so tasty while away from home! Talked a friend who's local and not vegan into joining me and she loved it, too. I had the Mongolian Delight, because I saw other HappyCow visitors recommended it, and boy did they get it right! How is that delicious dish not meat?! Had no idea stir-fried protein could be so chewy and tasty! She had the Kung Pao and it was spicy (a little too much so for me, but the menu did indicate it would be hot) but good. This experience has me jazzed to try more vegan restaurants wherever I go! Happy to see there are more Loving Huts in major cities. P.S. I took my leftovers back to my hotel and ate them for breakfast the next morning. Makes me wish I had more right now!

Pros: tasty food, convenient location

Cons: none

Loving the Hut - Edit

Flew into the Dallas area and knew I had to check this place out (8/29/14). I made it on a day when there was a buffet, so I was able to try several things. Things could've been a little more cleaner in terms of tables, bathroom and the actual buffet. They seem to have had a little trouble keeping up with the demand of food because there were quite a few people in there, but it was good seeing that many people in a vegan restaurant. The food itself was good and I was able to try several new things. I brought a non-vegan who was skeptical at first, but ended up really liking it! If I lived in the Dallas area I would most likely be a regular, with that being said, I will certainly return the next time I'm in the area.
It just needs to be a little cleaner and kept up.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 05, 2014

Pros: nice staff, good food, good value

Cons: cleanliness

Great food! - Edit

We had dinner there and loved the food! The starters were not that great, but also not bad (spring rolls and fried dumplings). The main course was yummy (Kong Pao and Mongolian Delight), so was the dessert (Cheese Cake and Donuts). The dishes are not too pricey. On the TV, they don't show the typical sect show/news as we know it from China and Germany. So it actually looks like a 'normal' place! :)

Pros: All vegan , Big choice of dishes , Parking

So me and my sister found this place after becoming vegan and we can't get enough of it!! I literally am there like 4 days a week.. This is an awesome place to come if you want cheap lunch! Their buffet is amazing and they have a lot of variety! Their a la carte menu is also incredible. If you go, don't leave without trying the mongolian delight plate which is like heaven. And try the Patty melt. If you've ever had a Steak N Shake Frisco Melt, I swear it tastes like it, but better. If there are people in your family or your group of friends who are still meat eaters, then this is the place to take them because their meat substitutions are on point! They won't even notice! Also, the people there are super nice which is such a huge plus!! :) Love that place!!

Very good and inexpensive buffet - Edit

This place is very similar to most other Loving Huts that I have been to around the USA, and in Asia, Australia, and Europe. This one, however, does a buffet and this buffet was very well stocked many different with fresh and tasty items. They also had fresh made donut holes! That won me over. :)

Very Good - Edit

The best sweet and sour I've ever had. Only been vegan for a month and the meat version can not compare.
Very clean and great service

Pros: Clean, Tasty, Great Service

Cons: A Bit Pricey

I love this place! - Edit

I absolutely love love love this restaurant! It's clean and the staff is very friendly. The food is so delicious. I've even had a birthday dinner there and everyone loved what they got (they were all meat eaters except for myself). It's also pretty affordable considering how much you're getting. I totally recommend this place to everyone! I've also noticed that it say reservations required but I've never once made a reservation and they've always had a seat for me there.

Pros: Clean, Amazing food

in love - Edit

With this chain of restaurants. Almost went to a different place for lunch. So glad that I came here! The buffet was delicious - even had dessert (doughnuts)!

Pros: great selection, friendly staff, clean

Cons: n/a

Love this place - Edit

I work less than a mile from this location and visit often. The staff is very nice and the food is great. I really like the Peking Duck (item V8) substituting the regular soy protein with the brown. The BBQ sandwich is great as well.

Pros: Great Food, Polite Staff, Clean

Love!! - Edit

I was so happy when they opened up a Loving Hut out here! I like that they describe their imitation meats as "soy protein," rather than naming the animal that it resembles in taste. As a vegan that transitioned for ethical reasons, I'm not happy thinking, "Mmm, tastes like chicken!"
Great food, friendly staff, good lunch buffet, clean and chill ambiance.

Pros: Healthy Food, Delicious, Friendly Staff

Clean food, clean restaurant! - Edit

I love Loving Huts and have been to a few and this one is certainly up there! It was a heatwave outside and it was so nice to be given a huge glass of iced water as soon as I sat down. The friendly staff topped it up regularly throughout the meal too. I had the Loving Hut salad and it was a great size and great flavour and great price ($8.95). I was happy to see a wide range of people eating there too, it is not just for die-hard vegos or 'the in-crowd'. Everyone feels welcome and the staff were happy to explain the menu, which also has pics on it. The menu and opening hours are all listed on their website. A gem of a place!

Pros: Great menu, Clean, Price

Return to Addison Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5194 times since Mar 2012.