CLOSED: Loving Hut Achasan

Contact 02-453-2112

Seoul 143-200, Gwangjin-gu, Gueui-dong, 53-10, Seoul, South Korea, 143-200

Located at 서울 광진구 구의동 53-10, to Achasan take metro line nr. 5 (purple), Loving Hut will be in front when you go out from exit 1. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. The menu here includes stews and noodle dishes, fried dumpling, and soy cutlet. Large portions. Spacious. AUG 2015 REPORTED THIS OUTLET SHUT. Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 6:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Asian, Korean

First Review by medus

Lots of Jigae - Edit

They have ice cream! It's soy based, not my favorite, but it's vegan!

Okay, onto real food.

I like the Soft Tofu Stew (soondubu jigae) and my husband likes the Tteokbokki or Bibimbap. When you order you get lots of sides. I especially like the stonecress greens and this faux meat protein stuff soaked in soy sauce. Sean likes the kimchi.

It takes me about 4 minutes to walk here from home. Seriously. This is great for grocery shopping. I get faux chicken nuggets, ice cream!, and dumplings. But I don't dine in a lot.
The reason I don't visit often is because it's not overwhelmingly delicious and there isn't a lot of variety. Most of the menu is either stews/jigae or bibimbap. It's hearty though, and it does taste good. OH! It's super cheap! Only 7,000 won for a jigae which includes the sides.

No one speaks English here, so you can either point at menu items or throw a restaurant phrase around like "juseyo".

Easy to get to. Line 5, Achasan Station, Exit 1. As soon as you leave the exit turn to your right and walk into the double doors. It's on the second floor. You can't miss all the Loving Hut propaganda stuff.

Pros: Cheap, Korean sides, Ice cream!

Cons: No English , Not a lot of menu variety, No kimbap :(

Dated review - Edit

When they had the buffet, I'd say it was the best vegetarian spot in Seoul. Tasty, cheap (for what you got), and so much to choose from. Now I don't know.

Cons: The supreme master propaganda, Location

Just the best - Edit

This is the best vegan buffet I've been to up to date. The variety of food is huge and all the different gluten, bean or soya meat (or kongkogi in korean) dishes are just awesome, much better than in Europe. You can enjoy Korean as well as western style vegan meals. Juices, vegan desserts and ice creams available. Price is very good on weekdays, 12.000 won, less than 1€. I will surely miss it when I leave Korea.

Pros: Variety, Shiny and clean, Delicious

Cons: The atmosphere is very functional... , ... but that's not too important

This place is amazing! - Edit

Loving Hut in Achasan was my favourite place in Seoul. Actually, I think it's one of the best restaurants I have been to. Well, OK, it's nothing too fancy, but: you get to try vegan versions of Korean foods, there are about 50 bowls with different kinds of food to choose from: hot and cold dishes, dumplings, noodles, soups, rice, salads, nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, canned fruit, cakes, cookies, toast, jams, several kinds of sodas, tea and coffee.. There is plenty of space (although it does get crowded and noisy sometimes) and the atmosphere is generally very laid back.
Considering the amount of food you get the price is OK.

It's a perfect choice if you have time for only one restaurant in Seoul. I'd love to give it six cow-stars. Argh! I want to go there again!

Pros: Very good selection of food, Many kinds of drinks, Laid back atmosphere

Still great, but getting expensive - Edit

The Loving Hut in Achasan really is the best vegetarian buffet in Seoul. Like all Loving Huts, it's heavy on the mock meats, but they have a large enough variety of vegetarian food to please anyone. They even had a pretty good vegan fajita when I went.
Unfortunately, the prices have crept up and have put many customers off. Weekdays are 12,000W, but the weekend buffet is now 16,000! The food is excellent, but the atmosphere of the restaurant is still poor. It's worth an occasional meal, but at that price I'd prefer to take my friends somewhere more interesting.

Pros: Large buffet, Tasty food

Cons: Expensive, Tasteless decor

Highly recommended! - Edit

Loving Hut in Achasan is probably the best eat-as-much-as-you-want place I've been in my life. The selection of dishes is huge (ranging from salads, soups, soy meats, etc. to desserts, such as cakes and cookies), and everything tastes very good. The interior of the restaurant is simple, but tidy and clean, price is cheap (9 900 won on weekdays), and staff is smiling and friendly. To put it short: no cons, only pros.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 13, 2011

Pros: Large menu, Delicious food, Good value

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Loving Hut Achasan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3990 times since Sep 2010.