First Review by xsamx

LOVE this place! - Edit

I've been eating at loving cafe since they opened over 7 years ago. The food is amazing and I've not yet had a dish that wasn't delicious. EVERYTHING on the menu is completely vegan. My favs are the Harmony and BBQ buns sandwhiches. My hubby loves the Sesame Sweet and Sour. Definitely give this place a shot!

Great food, friendly service, love it! - Edit

I was surprised to find a vegan restaurant when driving through Fort Wayne, but was happy I found this one! The food was great and filling and the person who took my order was super friendly. I loved the variety of dishes. The Udon noodles were on point and the Cheesy Quinoa burger was also delicious. Also, their sugar cookies are great. I always make sure to grab some when I stop in. Overall, I definitely recommend this place!

Pros: Good food, Friendly Staff, Reasonable prices

One of Best Restaurants Anywhere!! - Edit

Ditto what all the other reviewers wrote. This small cafe in a strip mall has one of the most extensive and varied menus I've found anywhere. My husband and I ordered different soups and sandwiches and then shared. All four dishes were scrumptious, and the prices were extremely reasonable. Service was fast.

We were traveling on I69 going from MI to FL and this was a convenient stop for lunch. We will make sure to go back whenever we are in the area.

Pros: Delicious food, Many and varied options, Reasonable prices

Cons: Limited seating - although we didn't have to wait

Great food, friendly service - Edit

We ate lunch here twice while visiting relatives in Fort Wayne. The selection of vegan items was amazing and there were some raw choices on the menu. Everything we ordered was tasty and satisfying. The staff was extremely friendly. We highly recommend this restaurant and will go back again when we're in the area.

Pros: Great selection, Friendly staff

Love love Loving Cafe - Edit

Just became a vegetarian and a friend told me about Loving Cafe. Now eat there about twice a week. Lots of choices but I can not get past the portobello sandwich and mushroom soup..... Blueberry smoothie is the best! Love the staff! Monday is 20% off day.

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Very clean

Outstanding Food and Service - Edit

I have been a vegan or vegetarian for many years and cook a lot at home. There are few restaurants with many choices. I have tried a vegan restaurant in a big city and was very disappointed. Loving Cafe is simply one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in and they happen to be vegan. There are over 50 things on the menu including appetizers, soups, main dishes, and drinks. I have tried about a dozen things so far and all were great, and far better than I could ever cook at home. The prices are cheap for what you get and the staff is friendly and professional. Food is delivered fast and they have carry out too. I urge everyone who is vegan/vegetarian and all others who just want healthy food to check Loving Cafe out!

Pros: Great food, Cheap prices, Friendly Staff

Cons: Only one location

Awesome! - Edit

I loved the food, selection and awesome staff. Every detail was awesome, I can't wait to go back and try something else from the large menu selection. Prices are very reasonable, food is fresh and taste great. They paid attention to the detail many restaurants do not. That food taste GOOD, not just a big quantity of bad food. Their food was a nice serving and taste great! Go here for great atmosphere, people and food selection!

Pros: Fresh food, Great presentation, Attention to detail

Raw Menu! - Edit

Hey there health seekers! First off I am 100% in favor of the Loving Cafe! That said I would like to add a word of caution: Just because you're in the LC don't assume you're eating health food. A bunch of fried tofu will still clog your arteries! Yes, it's still 90% better than KFC!

For optimal health grab something (delicious!) off their Raw Menu. Those options are fantastic for you and your health!

Bravo, Loving Cafe!

Pros: Healthy options, Reasonable prices, Oil-free options!

Awesome Awesome Awesome! - Edit

My husband is not even a vegetarian, but he LOVES this place! It could fool any meat eater! Its amazingly good food and I can't seem to say enough good things about them! :)

Pros: Yummy Food!, Varying Menu/Great Selection

Cons: A bit pricey, but worth it!

So many delicious options! - Edit

All vegan menu. It took me about 15 minutes to choose what I wanted to eat here. A nice change from deciding between only 2 or 3 items on the menu. The food was good and the price was also excellent. Definitely come here if you are in Fort Wayne.

Pros: Many options, casual, great price

Yummy - Edit

We found this restaurant using the new "vegout" ap while driving cross country. The food was fresh and plentiful, and a real treat after a few days of slim pickings. There is a lot of gluten-based "meats" on the menu, and our family is gluten-free. The staff went through the menu with me and pointed out every dish that was or could be made gluten-free. There were only a few options, but we still felt satisfied with the choices, and my 3 year old was thrilled to get to have ice cream for desert. And the prices were more than reasonable!

We got there just before closing time, and it took my little one a long time to eat, but they never made us feel rushed, and in fact I believe one of the employees actually stayed just because we were still there instead of kicking us out. Even though she said they were still working, I noticed that the lights were all out before we even got out of the driveway. All and all a nice stop on our journey.

Pros: fresh food, healthy, good value

Cons: too much gluten

Wonderful - Edit

Me and my husband are basically Raw Foodist but we have a cooked vegan meal once in awhile. We decided to try the Loving Cafe...it was really, really good....great prices as well....we both ate our fill...we basically ordered 3 meals so we could try more - plus had 2 Spring rolls and even had the vegan ice cream for dessert and the bill was just $33!

Pros: Great food, Great Staff, Great Prices

Cons: Wish the Dining area was larger

The best place in the world HAHAHA - Edit

I absolutely love the Loving Cafe. The food is fantastic, the prices are fair, and the people who work there are the sweetest and most compassionate people I've encountered at any restaurant. I recommended it to everyone. Meat eaters and Vegans alike...everyone can find something to enjoy here. GO!!!

Pros: Excellent Staff, Excellent Food, Very Clean

Loved the Lovin' Cafe - Edit

The food was fresh, hot and flavorful. Be prepared, this is true Asian, Korean flavor, so your taste buds get a treat. Not too spicy sweet potato soup was served warm, and warmed me from the inside! The only negative thing was the Korean TV was quite loud, and lunch talk was sort of awkward. We just laughed it off, but if the little cafe wants to attract the business luncheon, they should choose something else for ambient noise. The restaurant was clean in every aspect of the counters, display cases, floors, corners, and walls. Much attention to detail of hygiene by cook... I watched... prepared everything with care. Waiter served with such courtesy. Price was fair, since the food was fresh, and the meal delicious, I think under $4 for a large bowl of soup... which I couldn't finish... was more than good!

Pros: Tastey, Fresh, Friendly Staff

Cons: Loud TV

"Be Veg! Go Green! Save the Planet!" - Edit

Loving Cafe is such an interesting place. Not only is this all-vegan restaurant in the unlikely town of Ft. Wayne, Indiana, but the literature, television station (singular), and advertisements on the wall are the most pro-vegan, pro-earth thing you'll see in probably 100 miles.

The food is semi-typical Asian fare: spring rolls, mock chicken, noodles, rice dishes, mock pot stickers, and so forth. A heavy focus on mock meat, but everything was prepared well and tasted great. The prices are reasonable and the service is good. A wealth of vegan drinks and smoothies are available, as well as cakes, cupcakes, and Love Force brand raw food bars. The restaurant is very clean, almost eerily so, and the staff was quite friendly.

But during your visit to Loving Cafe, you must spend a few minutes watching the large flat screen tv adorning the wall opposite the counter. The program, a constant airing of "Supreme Master TV" is the most unique thing in the whole restaurant. A combination of environmentalism, Buddhism (?), and vegan propaganda, it is both entrancing and shocking at the same time. There is much literature to accompany the messages provided on the station, which you can pick up at the restaurant. To prep (or intrigue) yourself, visit http://suprememastertv.com/.

In short, while the overall vibe and foundation of the restaurant may be a little beyond the pale, the food is great, and who can argue with promoting veganism? I recommend you check it out if you are in the area.

Pros: all-vegan!, tasty food, in ft. wayne

Cons: a little eerie

Return to Fort Wayne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5180 times since Jun 2009.