Lovin' Spoonfuls

520-325-7766

2990 N Campbell Ave Ste 120, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85719

This vegetarian restaurant in Tucson offers many choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has brunch on weekends. Veggie burgers, fries with vegan ranch dressing, and its signature dish is a cashew nut loaf. Order your at the counter and seat yourself. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by BrienneAmber

Been here several times & LOVE IT! - Edit

This was the first vegan restaurant I went to after going vegan and they have some great choices. My bf who is not vegan also came here and since then has changed his mind about"vegan food" & even asks to come eat here! This has helped a bunch with convincing him to go vegan also.

I've loved everything! - Edit

I've been to Lovin' Spoonfuls on several Sunday afternoons. The food is always delicious, the coffee is strong (and organic) and the vegan cheesecake.. holy! The service could be friendlier but the patio and cheesecake more than make up for it. :)

Pros: food, vegan desserts, patio seating

My favorite - Edit

Amazing! The staff is very polite, the restaurant is very clean (and well designed), i took my meat eating father in law here and he was amazed!! He ordered the raviolis and loved them & said he could eat vegetarian for the rest of his life with delicious food like that. I shared an order of buffalo cauliflower "wings" and the hummus grape leave platter (athenas platter) with my husband. The cauliflower was outstanding! With some vegan dipping sauce they where to live for :p not to mention it was affordable. The hummus platter was great as well, a little pricey but still glad we tried it :) it's such a lovely place and full of flavor!

P.s. They also have plant based gf cakes and other deserts.

Pros: 100% vegan super nice employees amazing food ado

Cons: I can't stop coming back for more!

amazing place - Edit

i tried 3 different things and they were all amazing, and the buffalo cauliflower was AMAZING! and not to expensive =)

Pros: vegan, tasty, affordable

Cons: cant think of any

amazing!! - Edit

my family and i are vegan and every few years we come back to Tucson and it's the first place we go! their cornbread is to die for, their nut loaf is amazing, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

delicious! - Edit

This place was a real find while traveling

Don't Fret over Calories, Just ENJOY ! - Edit

What a find...goodness, they have an extensive menu with a wide variety to suit your cravings. I struggled to decide on lunch, there was that much!
I don't know how they get cake THAT moist or potato salad to taste similar to that you'd buy at a supermarket (yum).
Portobello sandwich was flavorful and juicy.
I am SO COMING BACK for dinner and every time I'm in the area on business!

Pros: Wide variety of foods , Lots to choose from, even at breakfast, Baked goods, moist cakes

Cons: Ambiance could be brighter and more modern , Smells a little funny....like wet wood maybe. , Cons WON'T keep me away!!

The BEST. - Edit

A perennial MUST experience whenever we stop in Tucson. Go here first, you'll LOVE IT!

Pros: Amazing Menu all good prepared and served with Lov

Cons: NONE

One of my favorite restaurants - Edit

I haven't tried everything on the menu yet, but I am working on it

And the bakery !!!

Always have a goods experience here, and I stop by whenever I am near by

Pros: The baked goods !, the sandwiches, friendly staff, clean restaurant

Cons: wish there was another location on the east side

I had to pinch myself - Edit

I did NOT expect to find a place like this in Tucson. That's not a disrespect of Tucson, but let's face it -- when you travel a lot, it can be hard to find vegan restaurants. This place is a goldmine. There are literally THREE complete menus here (one for each time of day) and they are very long. I didn't bring any meat-eaters with me, but I would expect they would like this place. Be sure to check out the salad dressing for sale. Tons of comfy seating, and outside patio too. Loads of parking.

Pros: So many dishes to choose from, Very clean and quaint, Super ultra friendly owner and staff

Cons: I don't live close enough to eat here every day

great breakfast - Edit

I love a good vegan breakfast and the fiesta scramble fit the bill. Excellent and served with home fries, guacamole, vegan sour cream and toast. My friend had the spinach and mushroom scramble and pronounced it as very good.

Pros: Very healthy food

Great Burger - Edit

Had the adzuki burger and potato salad and it was excellent. Great service, very clean. We will definitely be back.

Excellent - Edit

This is an oasis in the desert! I was driving from LA to Texas and stopped in Tucson. Lucky for me! The owner Peggy was at the register and took my order. So many options it was hard to decide. Everything was excellent, made from scratch and with love. Highly recommend this place.

Pros: Affordable, Made from scratch, Supports animal rights

Cons: Only counter service, no biggie

Could be Better... Could be Worse. - Edit

I didn't love it as much as I had hoped. Some things were very good, other things not so much...

Seasoned Chipotle Fries - classic french fries with a chipotle seasoning. Pretty good, but tasted like a regular salt-based seasoning; there was no trace of chipotle.

Battered Beer Brat Bites - They cut vegan bratwurst into toddler-sized bites, batter them up, and deep fry them. Sounds amazing!! They didn't quite live up to my dreams. Their vegan sausage left a nasty after-taste in my mouth, which I tried to drown out with their vegan honey mustard dipping sauce (which was delicious!), but couldn't escape it. Too bad. This could've been the perfect appetizer.

Batter-up Sampler Platter - This dish comes with battered french fries, onions, tempura shrimp, chicken nuggets, and mushrooms (the latter of which I omitted; I hate mushrooms). The menu description indicates that there are no substitutions allowed, but they allowed me to omit the mushrooms. I disliked the chicken nuggets. It had a weird and tough-to-chew consistency. However, everything else was deep fried bliss! I enjoyed the taste of their tempura shrimp and the accompanying cocktail sauce was yummy.

"Tuna" Salad Sandwich - This was my main entree. It was tasty, but it wasn't the best vegan tuna that I've ever had. It's still a solid choice, and if I had nothing else with which to compare it I may have considered it bomba. I chose potato salad for my side, but I was also given a bag of potato chips. The potato salad was ok...good even. But again, after having had some excellent vegan potato salad elsewhere, it just didn't quite measure up. Still, I would say that it was good.

The tap water was gross; it had a very peculiar and suspicious taste to it.

The service was awkward. It wasn't obnoxiously terrible, but it wasn't good either. We were never asked how we were doing or if we needed anything. We had a lot of leftovers and they never offered to get us to go boxes. I had to get up to ask for boxes and bags. I also don't like that the hours for their breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus are not published on their website. We arrived around 3pm, thinking we could get dinner. We were told that dinner didn't start until 4pm. (Not sure what time breakfast ends and lunch starts.)

2-star service. Between 3 1/2 & 4 stars for the food. I wouldn't mind going back to try some of their breakfast items.

FAVORITE!!! - Edit

This is probably my favorite restaurant in Tucson. EVERYTHING is Vegan there are so many options available and Sunny (the owner) is always there and so friendly. She made her own cookbook and it is available in the shop. It is conveniently located and you can call in to-go orders for added convenience. The food is always AMAZING and when I bring non-vegan/vegetarians there they can't even notice a difference. I love the freedom to choose anything on the menu and the quality of the food is superb.

Pros: AMAZING Vegan food, Friendly staff, Convenience

Cons: There is only one

Tucson's oldest VEGAN restaurant - and it's great! - Edit

This is my go-to veg restaurant in Tucson. Their menu is enormous and diverse - there's something for everyone. From faux meets to quality veggie dishes to fried delights (a Southern girl's kryptonite), Sunny has it all.

Go-to restaurant for us - Edit

Lovin spoonfuls is our go-to restaurant. We eat here at least once a week. The barbeque "beef", Reuben, and eggplant sandwiches are our most common choices. We don't eat the chips, so we order either a side salad or two of the veg-salad sides (carrot and slaw) instead of a side and chips. There are also great salads and the soups are amazing. Say hello to Sunny, the owner, who is very friendly and almost always there.

Review - Edit

Stopped on my way to the airport after meaning to for a couple of years. Love this place...everything was delicious. It's an easy and happy little place.

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lovin' Spoonfuls closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.