Lovin' Spoonfuls

Contact 520-325-7766

2990 N Campbell Ave Ste 120, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85719

This vegetarian restaurant in Tucson offers many choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has brunch on weekends. Veggie burgers, fries with vegan ranch dressing, and its signature dish is a cashew nut loaf. Order your at the counter and seat yourself. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by BrienneAmber

Don't Fret over Calories, Just ENJOY ! - Edit

What a find...goodness, they have an extensive menu with a wide variety to suit your cravings. I struggled to decide on lunch, there was that much!
I don't know how they get cake THAT moist or potato salad to taste similar to that you'd buy at a supermarket (yum).
Portobello sandwich was flavorful and juicy.
I am SO COMING BACK for dinner and every time I'm in the area on business!

Pros: Wide variety of foods , Lots to choose from, even at breakfast, Baked goods, moist cakes

Cons: Ambiance could be brighter and more modern , Smells a little funny....like wet wood maybe. , Cons WON'T keep me away!!

One of my favorite restaurants - Edit

I haven't tried everything on the menu yet, but I am working on it

And the bakery !!!

Always have a goods experience here, and I stop by whenever I am near by

Pros: The baked goods !, the sandwiches, friendly staff, clean restaurant

Cons: wish there was another location on the east side

I had to pinch myself - Edit

I did NOT expect to find a place like this in Tucson. That's not a disrespect of Tucson, but let's face it -- when you travel a lot, it can be hard to find vegan restaurants. This place is a goldmine. There are literally THREE complete menus here (one for each time of day) and they are very long. I didn't bring any meat-eaters with me, but I would expect they would like this place. Be sure to check out the salad dressing for sale. Tons of comfy seating, and outside patio too. Loads of parking.

Pros: So many dishes to choose from, Very clean and quaint, Super ultra friendly owner and staff

Cons: I don't live close enough to eat here every day

great breakfast - Edit

I love a good vegan breakfast and the fiesta scramble fit the bill. Excellent and served with home fries, guacamole, vegan sour cream and toast. My friend had the spinach and mushroom scramble and pronounced it as very good.

Pros: Very healthy food

Excellent - Edit

This is an oasis in the desert! I was driving from LA to Texas and stopped in Tucson. Lucky for me! The owner Peggy was at the register and took my order. So many options it was hard to decide. Everything was excellent, made from scratch and with love. Highly recommend this place.

Pros: Affordable, Made from scratch, Supports animal rights

Cons: Only counter service, no biggie

Could be Better... Could be Worse. - Edit

I didn't love it as much as I had hoped. Some things were very good, other things not so much...

Seasoned Chipotle Fries - classic french fries with a chipotle seasoning. Pretty good, but tasted like a regular salt-based seasoning; there was no trace of chipotle.

Battered Beer Brat Bites - They cut vegan bratwurst into toddler-sized bites, batter them up, and deep fry them. Sounds amazing!! They didn't quite live up to my dreams. Their vegan sausage left a nasty after-taste in my mouth, which I tried to drown out with their vegan honey mustard dipping sauce (which was delicious!), but couldn't escape it. Too bad. This could've been the perfect appetizer.

Batter-up Sampler Platter - This dish comes with battered french fries, onions, tempura shrimp, chicken nuggets, and mushrooms (the latter of which I omitted; I hate mushrooms). The menu description indicates that there are no substitutions allowed, but they allowed me to omit the mushrooms. I disliked the chicken nuggets. It had a weird and tough-to-chew consistency. However, everything else was deep fried bliss! I enjoyed the taste of their tempura shrimp and the accompanying cocktail sauce was yummy.

"Tuna" Salad Sandwich - This was my main entree. It was tasty, but it wasn't the best vegan tuna that I've ever had. It's still a solid choice, and if I had nothing else with which to compare it I may have considered it bomba. I chose potato salad for my side, but I was also given a bag of potato chips. The potato salad was ok...good even. But again, after having had some excellent vegan potato salad elsewhere, it just didn't quite measure up. Still, I would say that it was good.

The tap water was gross; it had a very peculiar and suspicious taste to it.

The service was awkward. It wasn't obnoxiously terrible, but it wasn't good either. We were never asked how we were doing or if we needed anything. We had a lot of leftovers and they never offered to get us to go boxes. I had to get up to ask for boxes and bags. I also don't like that the hours for their breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus are not published on their website. We arrived around 3pm, thinking we could get dinner. We were told that dinner didn't start until 4pm. (Not sure what time breakfast ends and lunch starts.)

2-star service. Between 3 1/2 & 4 stars for the food. I wouldn't mind going back to try some of their breakfast items.

FAVORITE!!! - Edit

This is probably my favorite restaurant in Tucson. EVERYTHING is Vegan there are so many options available and Sunny (the owner) is always there and so friendly. She made her own cookbook and it is available in the shop. It is conveniently located and you can call in to-go orders for added convenience. The food is always AMAZING and when I bring non-vegan/vegetarians there they can't even notice a difference. I love the freedom to choose anything on the menu and the quality of the food is superb.

Pros: AMAZING Vegan food, Friendly staff, Convenience

Cons: There is only one

Tucson's oldest VEGAN restaurant - and it's great! - Edit

This is my go-to veg restaurant in Tucson. Their menu is enormous and diverse - there's something for everyone. From faux meets to quality veggie dishes to fried delights (a Southern girl's kryptonite), Sunny has it all.

Go-to restaurant for us - Edit

Lovin spoonfuls is our go-to restaurant. We eat here at least once a week. The barbeque "beef", Reuben, and eggplant sandwiches are our most common choices. We don't eat the chips, so we order either a side salad or two of the veg-salad sides (carrot and slaw) instead of a side and chips. There are also great salads and the soups are amazing. Say hello to Sunny, the owner, who is very friendly and almost always there.

Just Because it's Vegan Doesn't Mean it's Healthy - Edit

I guess if you don't care about your gallbladder or liver this is the place for you. I was appalled at the menus. The sandwich I ordered was dripping with grease and it came with non-organic potato chips... Who knows about the potato salad.
Like Pepsi? Then this is your place, too. I suppose if you are attempting to convince a meat eater to change it might be a good idea to take them here. I'll NEVER go back. YUCK!!!

Great! - Edit

Loved the options, service & food. Price is a bit high, but I didn't mind after tasting the food.

Milkshake was great, seasoned fries were awesome, and the sandwich was really good. I'm not usually a fan of potato salad, but I even enjoyed that, too.

Very good experience.

Pros: All vegan, Liked things I normally don't, Milkshakes on point

Good restaurant with tasty vegan options - Edit

On our last US holiday, we checked the vegan options for Tucson here on HappyCow and decided on this one. We didn't regret our choice, the Lovin' Spoonfuls is highly recommendable.

The atmosphere is cozy an quiet, staff was very friendly and helpful.

To our surprise, the portions were normal-sized, not like in most other US restaurants, so we had a starter and dessert with our main course. All three courses were very good, we didn't have any complaints.

Pros: good-sized portions (not too large), good food, friendly & helpful staff

Options for Vegans - Edit

One thing I admire about this establishment is that there are absolutely NO animal products in this establishment, and there are also vegan cookbooks for sale, and DVDs about the importance of a plant-based diet, like Forks Over Knives. There are also brochures available for taking which promote veganism. The food here isn't my favorite, but I do appreciate that they have a booklet that lists every single ingredient used in each menu item available for perusal for those with special dietary guidelines. The owner truly is passionate about a shift in awareness regarding the serious detriment caused by consumption of animal products. Check out the restaurant website for some informative liks!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 16, 2014:
The same transparency in menu items was offered to me, so important to mindful eaters. Even though the place was packed, all of my needs were met, and I ordered an extremely customized dish that'd wasn't treated that I was being a bother. LS continues to offer information about local events, vegan literate and movies, and the owner is wholeheartly interested in spreading knowledge. This place will forever be in top 3 places to try while in Tucson...and feel comfortable taking any non-vegans as well!

Pros: Owner is passionate, dedicated, Large selection of menu items, Transparancy of ingredients

Cons: Expensive for small portions, Menu items are not necessarily healthy, Overuse of TVP

pretty good but possibly the worlds slowest restaurant - Edit

I'm in town for a conference and have taken out and dined it over these two days. I have a yummy looking piece of cake waiting for me.

After waiting in line to order, ordering and waiting for my dinner it has been an HOUR and still nothing. I am not exaggerating.

Last night I had a burger and fries and it was pretty great. I did take out for the sun dried Mac n cheese. It was ok.

I'm waiting for the chicken fried steak, stuffing and mashed potatoes. If it ever arrives I expect it to be greAt. I also expect to not come here again because an hour is too long to wAit for dinner.

Pros: tastes good, vegan, homemade desserts in the desert

Cons: OMG! an hour+ wait for my dinner???!!!

JenVeganMaui 21 Mar 2015 - Did you know that their menu is online, and that you have the option to call ahead and order for both dine-in and take-out? I've done this before during lunchtimes and dinner where they can get busy, and especially days when the vegan/vegetarian club gathers there, which is quite often.

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lovin' Spoonfuls closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 11925 times.