Lovin' Oven

Contact 908-996-7714

62A Trenton Ave (Rte 29), Frenchtown, New Jersey, USA, 08825

Serves meat, vegan options available. The kitchen prepares vegetarian separately from flesh meat. Vegan and non-vegan baked goods. Supports local farmers and uses seasonal ingredients. Relaxed atmosphere. Has Wi-Fi. Open Wed-Sat breakfast, lunch, dinner, Sun brunch.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Catering, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by pandora_13

My sister had been trying to get me here for a while and finally this week we had free time to enjoy a nice lunch. She had the vegan tacos and I had the stuffed avocado salad. My grandmother, who joined us, had the burger special. All three of us had the fresh juice of the day. The juice was awesome and we all enjoyed it, as well as our respective meals. We were all thoroughly impressed by the food and the kind service:]

Pros: delish food, fresh juice

Cons: it was so cold inside!

Exceptional Food, Many Vegetarian Offerings - Edit

We go to Lovin' Oven once a week without fail for dinner. (They also serve delicious lunches and breakfasts.) It is a 30-minute drive but worth every minute. We love the quality of food, the atmosphere, the varied menu, and their desserts. The Farm-to-Table dinners as well as other special dinners such as the Valentines Dinner are not to be missed. Also, Thursday is Italian night which means that there are specials that are priced at 3 courses for $18, a true bargain because this is quality food. We love the "vibe" of Lovin' Oven. My favorite place in the US is Portland, Oregon, and Lovin' Oven has quite a Portland/Western US feel to it. It is such a wonderful experience to just be there, let alone eat there. Music choices are always soul-warming as well. So glad Lovin' Oven exists! It is so obviously a labor of love for all those who work there. (Please note I tried to rate this place five stars, but apparently only all-vegetarian restaurants can be awarded five stars.)

Pros: High quality, varied menu items, Desserts, Atmosphere

Cons: none

yum! - Edit

Ok so this food is really good. It tastes like a big homemade meal made by a friend (the kind of friend that's good at cooking). Very home-y with veggies on the side, country feel kind of meal. Recently I had the vegan mac and cheese with kale on the side and side of sautéed tomatoes. The dessert case has a lot of vegan options. I recently had the tofu chocolate mousse pie. They have lots of cookies and cookie bars too. Every meal I have had here is good. They have a to go menu as well. The wait for a table can be long (and a long time to get your food if they're busy), so if you're hungry NOW then order ahead and pick it up.
Oh, and after you finish your meal, go check out the store that is attached to the back; it's a big crazy warehouse of cool things, and it's owned by that author that wrote Eat Pray Love. Brunch and then shopping there makes a good day with friends.

Pros: very delicious, vegan desserts

Cons: slow, they only take CASH

One of the best - Edit

Lovin' Oven is hands down one of the most delicious restaurants around. Plenty of vegan and vegetarian options for breaking fast, lunch, dinner and dessert! HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!

Pros: food, staff, atmosphere

Cons: leaving, withdrawal

Deserves a 5-cow rating. - Edit

I could list many reasons to visit Lovin' Oven. Large, open and colorful, the space itself lifts the spirit with lots of light and a cheerful bouquet of fresh flowers on every table. The owners are dedicated to using seasonal and local ingredients, which not only creates a fresh and flavorful menu, but also supports local farmers and nurtures a sense of community. The menu offers an array of interesting vegetarian and vegan options; the owners' keen understanding of the vegetarian diet helps to ensure that everyone in your group can fully enjoy their meal with peace of mind. But the main reason I urge you to come to Lovin' Oven is simply this: They Do Good Food.

We stopped in for dinner during a recent visit to the area. One of the days' specials was a Roasted Red Beet and Blue Cheese Salad, and we decided to start off with that. The green salad was simple and fresh, with plenty of blue cheese crumbles and sweet beets, lightly dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette. For my entree I chose the Sauteed Dark Greens and Cannellini Beans over Herbed Polenta. Two huge squares of creamy, savory polenta served as a base for a mountain of sauteed kale and white beans, redolent of garlic and olive oil, with a splash of balsamic-kissed broth finishing it off. Each component of this rustic dish was amazing on its own - perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned. Together it was just fantastic. My boyfriend opted for the Quiche of the Day, which was served with a cup of soup and a small green salad. The quiche was tasty, with a flaky crust, its custardy filling dotted with chunks of delicata squash and onions; Locatelli cheese added a sharp note. The Spiced Pumpkin Soup, though, was the real star of this show, with loads of fresh ginger to give it a kick, and just a touch of sweetness. I was tempted to get a container of this stuff to go! (It should be noted that all 3 of their soups that day were vegetarian.)

We were excited to see that they served ice creams and sorbets from The Bent Spoon, and decided to share a 3-scoop bowlful for dessert. The ice cream was, of course, delicious - but I found myself regretting the fact that I didn't try one of their amazing looking homemade desserts (Apple Caramel Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie looked especially tasty; vegan sweets offered, as well). Mugs of excellent coffee capped things off nicely.

We enjoyed our meal so much that we returned for breakfast the next day - equally awesome. We look forward to returning here soon and often!

Pros: Extremely Veggie/Vegan Friendly, Fresh, Seasonal & Locally Sourced, Incredible food, huge portions

Cons: No credit cards accepted - bring cash!

Return to Frenchtown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lovin' Oven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.