First Review by Sharon V.

I - Edit

They have the largest selection of organic and healthy products in the area, and they keep the store very clean and well organized.

I adore the staff, especially the long-timers like Eric, Y, Miranda and Sara (they are SUPER helpful and adorable).

Great juices, smoothies and to-go food. It's nice to go somewhere in town for actually HEALTHY food and be able to sit inside, or outside, and enjoy :)

If they don't have it, they will order it for you AND let you know when it comes in. Very open and helpful, and organized :)

I just

Pros: large selection of high quality products, awesome and adorable staff :D, great breakfast or lunch spot to eat at

Cons: it's freakin freezing in there. lol

Lovely little oasis on I-95 - Edit

My spouse and I drive down to FL, where we grew up, to see our families each winter. We were absolutely thrilled to accidentally stumble upon Love Whole Foods one time while looking for a place to find a decent vegan lunch on that barren stretch of I-95 between St. Augustine and Daytona Beach.

Love Whole Foods has several ready-made veg*n items in the refrigerated section. But the real gem is the deli counter, where they have soups, cold salads, sandwiches, wraps, etc. They always have a vegan soup of the day, and they offer several raw items. Everything we've ever had from the deli case has been stellar! So tasty, and you can tell it was made with love and care.

They have a fantastic vitamin section with a very knowledgeable and friendly staff, willing to answer any questions. Also, the restrooms are clean (important when you've been on the highway for hours!). Prices are as expected at an independent health food store.

One time we stopped in, they were having a local health/artisan fair of sorts, with jewelry artists, reiki healers, and animal rescue groups. It was a wonderful surprise!

The only downside is that they usually only have one cash register (of two total) open, and the cashiers are pretty slow. If there are other customers in the store, they'll inevitably make their way to the cashier at the same time as you, and you'll end up waiting 10 minutes to check out.

The building is located several yards off the main street in a quiet wooded area, and they have a peaceful front porch with several bistro tables and chairs. We always get several items from the deli and sit on the porch to relax for a bit before heading back on the road.

We HIGHLY recommend Love Whole Foods for anyone traveling on I-95 in need of a healthy veg*n meal.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 22, 2010

Pros: Great array of tasty vegan deli items, Lovely outdoor patio with seating, Friendly staff

Cons: Usually only one cash register open, Slow service

Great store! - Edit

I love this store as it has a little bit of everything! Produce, homeopathy, grocery items, ice cream (soy, rice, almond, etc), a cafe, aromatherapy, yoga items, clothing, books, supplements.... and on and on. The cafe has green drinks, smoothies, wraps, coffee drinks, and more.
Prices reasonable for the most part (the more we support organic food, the more the prices should decrease, right?) Give it a try!

Pros: Diverse , reasonable, location

Cons: none

Return to Ormond Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Love Whole Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1778 times since Jun 2009.