First Review by teafour2

Tasty vegan brekky! - Edit

Had the vegan Chimichurri Field Mushrooms: with potato, spinach & spring onion hash, fried aubergine, slow-roasted tomato and spicy beans. It was delicious! Decent portion, though not huge (a comment heard quite a lot when talking about trago lounge) and even converted me to beans! Didn't see any aubergine on my plate but as I was the last to be served I didn't want to complain. All in all was impressed though and it's nice to see they offer a vegan menu!

Pros: Vegan Menu, Delicious

Cons: Average portion size, Lacked what was mentioned on plate

Wide range of food and dedicated vegan menu - Edit

Nice place to grab a quick bite and good range of breakfasts, sandwiches and meals. I had the falafel ciabatta which was ok. Would have been much nicer if it was warm. Would go again but try something different next time.

Tasty Food - Edit

Me & husband went to Trago Lounge on Saturday evening. We were impressed with the decor & it had a nice atmosphere. I ordered vegan tapas, my husband a meat eater, had pulled pork burger. My meal was tasty, but I thought a little pricey for the three small bowls & some ciabatta. I would go there again, especially if in a group.
By the time we left, it was quite busy & they only had one staff member on the bar.

Pros: Vegan menu, Decor

Cons: One member of staff on bar, A little pricey

Decent food - Edit

They don't advertise it well (walking past or looking at the on - wall specials) but very pleased to find out that they offer a full vegan menu. The menu has a good selection: ciabattas, salads, tapas, curry, burger.
The food seems to be all made on site (takes a little while to come, but fresh looking and tasting, and 'just made-hot'). I had the butternut squash curry and partner had burger. The falafel burger was good but basic, where as the curry had much more flavour and was very nice. They also do a few vegan cakes, we shared a choc ginger torte slice.
Price was about £8 a meal and £3 a cake. Don't expect gourmet or expensive-restaurant style food, but on the whole there's a good choice, staff were nice and the food is decent. I will go again.

Pros: Special vegan menu, Food freshly made

Cons: A bit expensive ( but only a little), Some dishes more /less impressive than others

Return to Southampton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loungers - Trago Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1623 times since Jul 2013.