Loungers - Milo Lounge

Contact 0151-2365085

88-90 Lark Lane, Liverpool, England, L17 8UU

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nationwide chain cafe-bar by Loungers, offering a separate vegan menu - ask for it. Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, British, English, Non-veg

First Review by super8J

say you want it vegan!! - Edit

they have a nice vegan menu but don't forget to specify you want it vegan when asking! I asked for the burger on the vegan menu but it turned out it is also available as non-vegan, and because I didn't say 'vegan' (I thought it was obvious) they served me the one with cheese and milk bread and I didn't realise until half way through.. :( Had the vegan one another time and was very yummy!

Loungers - Milo Lounge, Liverpool - Edit

I've eaten here a few times but not in the last year and 1/2 or so. The vegan menu is very useful. I personally prefer Green Days at the other end of Lark Lane since its much less meat oriented (only Tuna that isn't vegetarian in Green Days). The vegan menu in the Milo Lounge comes in very handy though.

This place is a decent choice f you're looking to eat somewhere with someone who refuses to eat vego.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice vibe

Cons: Not 100% vego

Ask for a vegan menu - Edit

Nice location and a lovely lounge bar. Good choice of menu with vegan and gluten free menus available.

Cracking butternut squash and falafel burger on a sourdough bun. A few decent choices on a quite varied menu.

Worth a visit if in Liverpool. Certainly a good choice if you're with non-vegans who are looking to eat too.

Pros: Varied menu, Quick service

Cons: Not 100% vegan if this is an issue for some people

Vegan Menu - Edit

After exhausting the few vegan friendly restaurants in Liverpool during my time living there for uni, I decided to give the Brasco Lounge a go after seeing the previous review.

Situated in the lovely Mann Island, we expected the restaurant to be busy but were pleasantly surprised to find it quiet on every occasion we visited! Sometimes the vegan menu was already on the table, sometimes we had to ask, but the staff were always pleasant and helpful.

Myself and my boyfriend tried the majority of the vegan options; the only stand out favourite for us was the falafel burger - it seems they must have perfected their falafel recipe after the previous review as ours were always cooked to perfection and never too dry :) My boyfriend also enjoyed their vegan breakfast although not as much as the ones offered in The Egg or MelloMello (which sadly no longer exists).

Brought non-vegi friends along here who also enjoyed the food and drinks. We had homemade lemonade made for us at the bar, and our non-vegi friends loved the ice cream float sodas that are available too.

Overall it's relaxed atmosphere and always nice to find a vegan menu where you wouldnt expect it!

Pros: Vegan Menu, Atmosphere & Environment

Cons: Also sell meat & dairy, Pricier than other local vegi venues

2 Responses

Just ask for the Vegan menu! - Edit

This cafe bar is in the, err, 'iconic' big black glass building fronting onto the Museum of Liverpool at the dockside. It's got a rustic feel inside and was pretty empty on a Monday lunchtime when I visited with family in tow. Brasco have a totally separate vegan menu (and one for gluten free too), which is very commendable, though the choice is not too wide (hey, at least they try!). My daughter and I had the 'all day breakfast', which had some very dry falafel balls in it otherwise was OK. Wife had a falafel and sweet potato burger which she said was OK but lacked a bun(!). Son had beans on toast so he was happy. Pencils and colouring sheets for the kids were welcome and generally a useful place to keep in mind, though the cooking was a little uninspiring.

Pros: Clearly marked vegan options, Good portion sizes, Beans on toast!

Cons: Dry falafel

Return to Liverpool Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loungers - Milo Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2283 times since Jul 2013.